What is your xmas resolution?

Nina41

I can't stop thinking about it. One day I am full of determination and think "Xmas won't stop me" (like the thread I created) and I think "I will just treat it as a Sunday roast with a cracker" and keep dieting. Other days I think "I should give myself a break and eat whatever I fancy, specially sweets". I am a strict dieter and I know I will hate myself if I choose the second option but on the other hand I so crave chocolate and a "day of rest"... Ohhh

What have you all decided about Xmas?

I already told my husband not to cook gammon cause I can't be trusted. I think I'll ban the deserts as well!

I'm cooking the whole works for the kids and have lots of nice things in for them too, and baking yummy things for them BUT am definitely keeping Dukan myself. I want to be skinny much more than I want the tin of Quality Street, if I eat unwisely it will 1. take a while to shift the weight I put on, and 2. make me feel much less good than weight loss does! However, I can fully understand why people would have the day off!!

I feel exactly the same as CaledoniaDreaming nothing is going to stop me not even a mince tart ;)
But im definately not going to deprive my family from a Christmas feast. I want them to enjoy every minute and that includes all the food we as a family traditionally have.

I'm the same as cd and chris, Xmas dinner will be as normal but without the chipolatas as I'm the only one that eats them, and hubby prefers paxo stuffing and I hate it so no temptation there. Turkey & veg for me, potatoes for him.

For me it's probably less critical now I'm in conso, and I shall treat it as my gala meal - with a cracker! But we are away for Xmas and there will be loads of tempting eats on offers, so I will just do my best to eat wisely on Dukan principles the rest of the time. I think it's important for me not to just think it's ok to pig out now, otherwise all the good work of last few months will be undone.

I am going to try and eat Dukan throughout Christmas but maybe squeeze a sausage on my plate???? Other than that and two planned drinking evenings it's Dukan all the way for me. xxx

My Christmas & New Year resolution :
Not let kilograms accumulate ever again!

For my Christmas dinner I will have a lot of proteins and vegetables and for desert I will have sugar free pudding.
Dr Dukan advices moderation for the festive dinner ( if you want to eat food not allowed on this diet) and ...
"Sourtout pas des cacahuètes!"
Especially not peanuts!
I will look for the interwiew (I have it somewhere) but it is in French..

I really admire you ladies being able to resist all the christmas temptations, I don't think I could have resisted but fortunately I don't have to as I'm now on stabilisation. I expect to put on a couple of pounds but I'll do a week of pv days after new year. Keep strong and resist and think about how slim you'll all be next christmas and how you won't have to miss out on the christmas treats:D

Keep strong and resist and think about how slim you'll all be next christmas and how you won't have to miss out on the christmas treats:D

Hey Louschu.
That will be great.
I hope that too for all the people reading this.

Including myself ...
:)

Last edited:
I'm gonna try my hardest to Dukan, already had a disagreement with my Mum about Christmas dinner.. :\ & I'm going to try my hardest whilst I'm away..

But most importantly if I do slip up I am just going to hop straight back onto the Dukan wagon & not let it bother me or lead me into further slip-ups... :D

We are Lucky that christmas lunch is just a roast. If I spent Christmas at home I would be in real trouble. Unlike the English, at home we have for Xmas real special food, things you would never eat throughout the year. That makes the dinner really tempting cause you think you won't eat that food again for another year. Besides, there is no vegs or salad involved....hehehe

To be able to walk past the chocolate Yule log without a blindfold.

Oh dear, is it just me who's slipped in a major way over the past few days?

I was doing well - I even missed the work Christmas dinner as I knew it was just to full of temptations but I'd decided I will have a full Christmas lunch as quite honestly my mum's roast potatoes just cannot be missed.Then it all went wrong on Thursday. I'm thinking I won't put all 3 stone back on in 1 week and after the next few days I can have a couple of PP days and get back on track.

I'm hugely in awe of all of you who are able to resist the tempations of the season - you are stonger people than me!

Merry Christmas
Choccie X

I have noticed how much less tired I've felt over the last 2 days though!

Back