What should we expect from our Cambridge diet counsellor

It really does depend on what you want from her/him doesn't it? I just want to get the product and get home. No chit chat. I have support on this forum 24/7 and would much rather be at home getting it online than in someone else's house. So yes. I am very happy with my cdc who i see more as a friendly supplier rather than a counsellor.

Joanne , Yes i guess they are just in it for the money these two , there side line . you really have to want to help someone to get to goal . Can i ask you how much does she charge you for 21 packs ?
Sorry to hear that Joanne .
Hi Linda , yes telling her i know is right , but i also know there will never be any more time with people she sells it to .

Hi i pay £47.00 for 28 packs(i'm on 4 a day) and if i want tetra's they are £2.00 extra i dont no about bars

counsellor

she sounds awful, mine is brillliant she always has loads of time (considering she is sooo busy with new dieters) always phones and texts even though she has her 2 year old running around after her. and she looks great after having lost 5 stone. inspirational!:rolleyes:

At first I really didn't think I'd get on with my CDC, but she is quite good.

She is quite 'old school' in that she doesn't know about minis or cooking with packs etc., but is always helpful and has lots of suggestions each wek.

She weighs and measures me, then we have a 10min chat about how I'm finding it, she reminds me about the water, and taking the fibre stuff if I need it.

At the last weigh in she came in with 2 carrier bags of tins and made me get on the scales with those to see how much I have lost in the past month, as I was feeling a little demotivated about my slowing weight loss. She also has started speaking to me about moving on from the diet and was talking about what foods I would normally eat and how I cook them, and was giving me a few things to think about for the future.

So I'm in and out in 20 mins, and although she says I can phone, she's definitely not up for daily texts etc., but she's good and I'm growing more comfortable with her.

It sounds as if your CDC isn't doing what you want. That in itself should be reason to look at changing.

Awwww I'm really sorry if anyone doesn't click with their CDC......that must be very frustrating for you - (((((hugs)))))

My CDC is absolutely awesome! Even if she wasn't on minimns I would still be singing her praises from the rooftops! hehe! She is truly inspirational, bloody bonkers, extremely welcoming and has so much brilliant advice!
I love her to bits and tell anyone and everyone I meet how fab the CD is and how great my CDC is!
Only downside (lmao!) is that I am nearly always late picking up my kids as we sit nattering and gossiping about anything and everything and I always lose track of time, and she also stole all my luck last week (she will know what that means!) lmao!

So a huge massive thank you to Mandy! :hug99:
She is ace with a capital A!!!!!

Yes Thank you for giving me fedback. I have thought about what i'm going todo . Also did try that phone number and it rang and then said the other person has cleared , huh . might ring monday

As a counsellor myself, I would like to tell you how I run my meetings with my clients.

I allocate 15 mins to each client, if I know they like staying a little bit longer or know they are having difficulties etc, I allocate 30 mins. I also ask them to text, phone or email their order over so I can have their receipt ready and all their goodies bagged up ready to go. I keep a good stock of everthing in so it's very rare I'm caught out. By having everthing ready it means we can concentrate about what's important -talking about how the diet is going, tackle any problems and my favourite part setting them their weekly challenges. For example I might ask them to go for a 20 min walk twice that week or get them to draught up a healthy eating menu for one week, in preparation for the maintenance stage. I think little things like this help and motivate people. I make sure that my house is clean, and that my 3 children are quiet and certainly do not disturb me. I try to dish up the evening meal at least an hour before my clients start to arrive.

Once my clients are here we take measurements and get weighed and I make notes if necessary. I have a star chart (sad I know) for every stone a client loses and I give discounts if they reach their target losses for that week. We usually end by having a little chit chat about anything.

I certainly dont mind if my client brings their children with them, and I dont mind if they re-arrange their appointments at the last minute. It's life and things like this happen. As I work full time myself and have 3 children who have extremely busy social lives, plus a husband who works shifts, I understand completely the importance of flexibility.

I see around 15-20 clients a week and treat each one as I would a friend. I love seeing them transform their lives and grow in confidence as each week passes. I have laughed my socks off and shed some tears during my time as a CDC, and I love this "job" to bits.

Summer, I hope you find a counsellor who can help you achieve your goals, there is one out there for you, honestly. Good luck finding one.

Wishing everyone well

Sam

:girlpower:
Totally, she ROCKS!
Been there done that... knows how i feel, doesnt make me feel bad, listens, chats, supports me.... what else do you need??

Elaine CDC Worcester by the way!

Michelle

xxx You are such a sweetie thanks so much
xxx I love you coming over and our chats xxxx Well done so far you are a star I know you will get there xxxx

Aww thanks Tinsel. I have my bad days too though!! I am trying to lose another stone so I am on SS at the moment and in a way my clients are helping me too:)

Sam

summer i really hope you find a new counsellor. sounds like the one you have is rubbish.

Mine is great really happy person who could chat for all of ireland and th uk. she allocates a hr each time and doesnt mind if go over which we usually do because of talking about stuff non cd related. Her staff are all very friendly as well wishing me luck and saying well done etc. I can also ring anytime there open for a chat/moan. Not sure if she's all into textin but anyways. I dont usually bother her apart from the one hour.

I get lots of support here at mini's it great to chat to people goin thr the exact same thing as you.

Lemonlegs .
You sound great at what you do , its a good idea the star and your other ideas also . I feel we don't talk about CD at all , also the CD Mag are you ment to get that ? The monthly mag

Thanks Becky
Yes my CDC does not seem very good after reading posts on here . I just want them to be interested in how i'm doing on CD and going into different steps of CD also tell me how they got to goal on CD which can also help . Yes a new one , phoning Monday . Thanks for all those who replyed and want to reply please do

The CD Magazine Inspiration comes out 4 times a year the Spring edition has just been published.

You have to order it from your CDC. I have them in stock as I give to all my customers.

The cost of the magazine if the CDC charges is £1 some do some don't.

Linda

My CDC is generally Ok although it's open house and you don't get time to yourself if someone else comes then you are there.
I am a bit concerned that she is off on holiday for about 3 weeks and her next door neighbour is coming in to weigh and sell.
I can't go to the other CDC in my area as we had a bit of a misunderstanding a while ago!

No-one other than a CDC should weigh you or sell the products it is against the rules and breaches confidentiality.

Last edited:
Mine is fab and, allthough I haven't said this before, she has a very difficult job because she is 600 miles away...
I live on an island just off the north west of Scotland and the nearest CDC is some 200 miles away as far as I know. My CDC used to be my neighbour when I lived in Busckinghamshire and she has taken me on, including the logistical challenge...

My doctor weighs me monthly and signs weight and measurements off so I can send them to my lovely CDC. She is always there if I need her, txt, email, calls ...no probs (she has 1 1/2 jobs so sometimes she doesn't txt back straight away...)

I call her once a week and she always gives me at least an hour of her time.

Just getting my monthly packs to me is a challenge AND I was her first client, so I pull my hat and thank her a lot. As she has not long qualified to be a CDC if there is anything she doesn't have the answwer to she will find out for me.

I gave her the link to this forum and "if you're here, thank you and big hello to Calvin and Hobbs..." thanks..

xxx

My CDC is also the fantastic bunnycd - as Diva2B has already said, she's brilliant and a total inspiration. She always weighs and measures and is up for a chat and always shows me my BMI, motivates me and has loads of great advice. She also pointed me in the direction of Minimins - what more could you ask for?!! So this is a big shout out for Elaine in Worcester.

Back