What's everyone reading at the moment?

They're very good (especially Kiss The Girls) but it might be an acquired taste....

I recommend him anyway.:)

Likewise, i've recently finished Cross and have read most of his books, recommend the murder club series, but i loved the Jester.

I read anything but particularly love mystery thrillers, just finished Triptych by Karin Slaughter which i thought was brilliant and now started Wicked by Jilly Cooper (ok not in the same vein but been hooked on her books since i first read Riders years ago!)

I'm looking for some recommends now as i tend to find an author i like then read all their books - recently i've been through Ian Rankin, Michael Connelly, Nikki French, Lisa Gardner, James Patterson, Minette Walters, Karin Slaughter - tried Tami Hoag but struggled with her books - and have read a couple by Val McDermid which were good but i can't get into the wire in the blood series.

Years ago i loved James Herbert's early books (rats, fog, survivor etc) but started to go the later ones, the last one i read had something to do with a magic cottage?? The same happened with Dean Koontz and Stephen King, so if i've missed any really good ones, let me know :D

Thanks

Anybody Out There by Marian Keyes. :)
ooooh i liked that one marian keyes is great
Just finished A Brother's Journey by Richard Pelzer.

And just starting The Secret of Crickley Hall by James Herbert (one of my favourite authors)

read crickley hall last week, it was good, quite gripping!!

am currently reading 'the tenderness of wolves' by stef penney
about scottish settlers in north america, fur traders. indian trackers, a bit strange, but interesting nontheless

anyone else like sophie kinsella
she makes me roar!!

I've got "The Tenderness of Wolves" on my TBR pile ready for my hols in 2 weeks,also,"The Memory Keepers Daughter" by Kim Edwards,which has had a few good reviews.At the moment,I'm reading "The secret life of bees",which I'm already enjoying,and have just finished "The hard way" by Lee Child-quite good!:)

I've just finished "Triptych" by Karin Slaughter(I love her books!)

Ooh, is it good? I've just bought it. Read all of hers and will be reading this one next.

Just reading Jonathan Kellerman - Gone. Have you tried any of Tess Gerritson's books, very similar to Karin Slaughter.

Love Sophie Kinsella!

Have ready Wicked - made the mistake of taking it on holiday - its sooo bloddy huge!!!

Am just finishing a book by John McVicar about the Jill Dando murder where he explains Barry George's definite guilt and motives.

Have got a expose book about Richard Branson and Virgin to read next - read Branson's biog and then read one about the BA dirty tricks campaign which was also anti BA - this one is supposed to be anti Branson so thought it would be good to get a more balanced view!

Also love love Ben Elton's books!

I've only just started reading Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. Got to check out some of the books you all have read/are reading when I'm done. :)

Ooh, is it good? I've just bought it. Read all of hers and will be reading this one next.

I thought it was brilliant one of the best books i'd read for a while, i kept going OMG thats XXX through it (this will make sense as you read the book)

Just reading Jonathan Kellerman - Gone. Have you tried any of Tess Gerritson's books, very similar to Karin Slaughter.

I haven't read Tess, i will try one as i like Karin Slaughter

Oh and i have read all Lee Childs, as someone mentioned it above, Harlan Coben, robert crais (very similar) and jeffrey deaver all recommended if you like detective or thriller books

Years ago i loved James Herbert's early books (rats, fog, survivor etc) but started to go the later ones, the last one i read had something to do with a magic cottage?? The same happened with Dean Koontz and Stephen King, so if i've missed any really good ones, let me know :D

Thanks

If you haven't already read 'Others' or 'The Dark', then definitely get hold of a copy (especially 'Others').

You seem to have the same taste in books as I do. Any that you could really recommend?

I used to be really into Christopher Pike but I don't know whether they'd be too young for me now :)

Anyone checked out Melissa Hill yet??? She is another Irish chick lit type writer... all her books are brill!!!!!

If you like Marian Keyes and that type of book you will LOVE Melissa Hill!!! Always a twist that you will have NEVER seen coming!!

If you haven't already read 'Others' or 'The Dark', then definitely get hold of a copy (especially 'Others').

You seem to have the same taste in books as I do. Any that you could really recommend?

I used to be really into Christopher Pike but I don't know whether they'd be too young for me now :)

I've read the dark, i think i have actually read most of the early ones but i haven't read the others. Will give it a try. Do you like more horror or thrillers?

Nicci french is quite good - have you tried any of theirs?

Has anyone set up a book swap thread? I've got loads of books sat on shelves - every now and again i put them on ebay but for the price of postage we could just agree to exchange books?

I have just finished “Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death”. They are old style village whodunits but with modern references and a modern heroine. Totally daft easy reading.

I am also in the middle of (I can’t read just one book at a time!) “Death by Chocolate” by Toby Moore which is a crime novel set in a USA where junk food is banned, everyone has prescribed weight limit and possession and dealing of brown (chocolate) is a crime akin to drug dealing in the present time. To say it is dystopian is an understatement:sigh:. It’s quite easy to read though and funny in parts. For something similar read “Fat” by Rob Grant which is UK set.

As I said I read more than one book at a time so I am also reading When It Happened: The Little Book of British History because I like to mix some non-fiction in with the fiction.:)

Just finished 'The Woods' - the latest Harlan Cobden. My book pile includes The Harlequin - no 13 in the Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton, a couple of light romances by Kresley Cole and Linda Howard, and just read 'Already Dead'by Charlie Huston - wouldn't recommend though""

Tess Gerritsen is good, the ones about Jane rizzolli are good

I quite like ruth rendells too
finished the wolves book, it was ok not brilliant, but quite hmmm i wouldnt say challenging as such, but not an easy read if you know what I mean
started sophie kinsella tell u a secret now, will wizz through it coz its funny and easy to read

anyone read memoirs of a geisha, its my fav book ever

Oooh...Nat...I LOVED memoirs of a geisha,I just couldn't put it down:)One of the few books I've read that really stays in my mind:thinking2:

:read:

Anyone checked out Melissa Hill yet??? She is another Irish chick lit type writer... all her books are brill!!!!!

If you like Marian Keyes and that type of book you will LOVE Melissa Hill!!! Always a twist that you will have NEVER seen coming!!

I love Marian Keyes so will def check this one out!

oh yes never say never is a great book, very funny,
thanks gen u just reminded me to buy more of her

just thought of another good book
its an autobiograpy
the bandit queen
by phoolan devi
very good book about a gang of outlaws in pradesh india

Back