What's everyone reading at the moment?

Finished "Triptych" by Karin Slaughter a couple of days ago and just started on "The Cold Moon" by Jeffery Deaver. I love most thrillers - can't go past a bookshop without getting the latest :eek:

I read most books,but I don't think I've ever read any by Jeffery Deaver,for some reason I thought they were horror:confused:(not that I have anything against horror;))I like the sound of them though,are they thrillers?

Jeffrey Deaver does mainly thrillers. Some of the early books are lighter going but the later ones are gripping. There was a film with Denzil Washington as Lincoln Ryhme based on one of his books - the bone collector?

Anyone read any by John Sandford?

His are crime/thrillers too. I find all of his books very gripping but also very intelligently written.

Jonathan Kellerman is another good crime read. I'm just reading the last Alex Delaware novel now - Gone. Only a few pages in but already getting sucked in!

Anyone read any by John Sandford?

His are crime/thrillers too. I find all of his books very gripping but also very intelligently written.

Absolutely love the 'Prey' series. I believe a new one has just been released :cool:

Jonathan Kellerman is another good crime read. I'm just reading the last Alex Delaware novel now - Gone. Only a few pages in but already getting sucked in!

Got a it lost with JK - loved it, but I couldn't get into 'Murder Book' so haven't read any in a while. I may have to dig out my copy and try again! :D

Anyone else a John Irving fan?
"A Prayer for Owen Meany" is one of my all-time favourite books.
Recently I also loved Zadie Smith "On Beauty".
I love thrillers and historical fiction too ......

Thanks DQ. I haven't read the latest Prey yet, will have to check that out. Read all the others.

Have you read the Kidd series? Just finished The Devils Code a few days ago. Took me ages to track that book down!

I did but my loyalty is definitely to Lucas Davenport!!! ;)

I have just finished reading 'Kite Runner' by Khaled Hosseini. I picked it up in our local charity shop as I had run out of books, I was hooked!

Quick summary:

In The Kite Runner, Amir and Hassan grow up together in Afghanistan like brothers, although they couldn't be more different. Amir is the son of a wealthy businessman, a Sunni Muslim, a Pashtun, and he's educated and reads voraciously. Hassan's father is a servant to Amir's father, and Hassan is a Sh'ia Muslim, a Hazara, he's illiterate, and he has a harelip. But neither boy has a mother and they spend their boyhoods roaming the streets of Kabul together. Amir, though, continually uses his superior position to taunt or abuse Hassan, and one day hides in fear as Hassan is beaten mercilessly by bullies. The Soviet invasion of Aghanistan sends Amir's family to the United States, but he returns there as an adult during the Taliban rule to atone for his sins to Hassan.

The Kite Runner "ranks among the best-written and provocative stories of the year so far."

The review doesnt do it justice to be honest, it had me in tears at points, it is so well written. It touches on the horrors of the Taliban's massacre of the Hazara, something I knew nothing about.

You should go out and get it!

I'm hoping to finish a book called 'The Nanny' (i cant remember the author though, lol) and then i want to start the 'Kite Runner'. I have a huge list for the summer, aswell as learning my driving theory, lol. Lets hope for some gorgeous sunny weather so we can sit out in the gadren or the park and have a good read :) xx

Just finished 'Harry Potter and the half blood prince', now reading 'The Altman Code' by Robert Ludlum and will proceed to read 'The bourne legacy' while waiting for 'Harry Potter and the deathly hallows' to be released.

just finished the time travellers wife. not my usual cup of tea but i enjoyed it - a modern twist on a love story. Give it a try if you like to suspend belief and be entertained by a good story :D
Has anyone read the memory keepers daughter - again not my usual type of book but recommended to me, just would like a coupe of other opinions before i invest :rolleyes:

just finished the time travellers wife. not my usual cup of tea but i enjoyed it - a modern twist on a love story. Give it a try if you like to suspend belief and be entertained by a good story :D

I love this book. I couldnt put it down and i finished it in less than a week. I cried at the end :eek:, lol. I seem to cry at anything these days. :rolleyes:

I haven't heard of the memory keepers book, sorry :(

Im reading the memory keepers daughter at the moment. Im about a quarter of the way through, and must admit not finding it as good as all the reviews Ive heard. Quite a good storyline tho so Im going to stick with it.

Harlen Coben is my absolute fav, have read all of his books. Also Martina Cole is great. for anyone who likes her books, you will also like Mandasue Heller, very similar writing style.

A great site to swap your books on is

www.readitswapit.co.uk

about 100,000 books to choose from!

Im reading the memory keepers daughter at the moment. Im about a quarter of the way through, and must admit not finding it as good as all the reviews Ive heard. Quite a good storyline tho so Im going to stick with it.

Harlen Coben is my absolute fav, have read all of his books. Also Martina Cole is great. for anyone who likes her books, you will also like Mandasue Heller, very similar writing style.

A great site to swap your books on is

www.readitswapit.co.uk

about 100,000 books to choose from!

never tried martina cole but someone else mentioned her to me - i always thought she was romantic type books but they said def not but don't read all her books one after another.

If you like Harlan, try Robert Crais very similar to the point that he has a myron and win in elvis cole and joe pike!!:D

Will try the site as my shelves are starting to creak and i need some new material.

Think i will wait on memory keepers daughter but as you say the plot sounds good!

never tried martina cole but someone else mentioned her to me - i always thought she was romantic type books but they said def not but don't read all her books one after another.

If you like Harlan, try Robert Crais very similar to the point that he has a myron and win in elvis cole and joe pike!!:D

Will try the site as my shelves are starting to creak and i need some new material.

Think i will wait on memory keepers daughter but as you say the plot sounds good!

Thanks going to search for him on the swap it site now, I m always looking for a replacement for Harlen, he just doesnt write his books quick enough! :rolleyes:

Martina Cole certainly not romantic books lol

The memory keeps daughter still verrry slow, losing the will to read it... want to skip to the end see what happens lol

Back