What's everyone reading at the moment?

I'm reading "Stolen" by Tess Gerritsen....now I've read a good few of her books and really enjoyed them....but this one--ssooooooo boring :giveup::giveup:no...I don't think I'll give up on it(I'm too tight fisted-I bought it new!):D:ashamed0005:

i am reading 'Lyn's Escape' by Lyn Madden. its an autobiography about a dublin prostitute who had to go into hiding after giving evidence in a murder investigation. very good so far!

The Secret
I received this book The Secret for Christmas and it is a lovely book and would like to share it with you.

Here is 20 minutes, part of the video on what The Secret is about....

[youtube]_b1GKGWJbE8[/youtube]

I've started reading The Gypsy Tearoom today by Nicky Pellegrino. :)

Hi Mini,

I saw a chap on RTE One talking about this in October but I didn't catch the name of the book as I had just switched it on.

Thanks Mini!!! :hug99:

has anyone read: season of the witch by natasha mostert?

i am starting it in bed tonight and have no idea what to expect
it was loaned to me by someone on another forum and several people on there have raved about it

i've decided after a long period of resistance to read The DaVinci Code, so its sat on my bedside table. At least I'll fall asleep thinking of Tom Hanks ;)

the book was a lot better than the film, but i think dan browns other book 'angels and demons' was far better!!

I am reading The Memory Keepers Daughter at the moment and loving it.

Irene xx

I read that and was really disappointed, I did see it through to the end but it never really gripped me. I think my expectations were too high, I heard such good reviews, but to me it just sort of plodded along. Maybe it was too highbrow for me? LOL

Glad you're enjoying it Irene, didnt find your copy on a train did you? Just wondering as I left mine on a virgin train in Euston for somebody to pick up and read!:D

The Secret
I received this book The Secret for Christmas and it is a lovely book and would like to share it with you.

Here is 20 minutes, part of the video on what The Secret is about....

[youtube]_b1GKGWJbE8[/youtube]

Felt quite terrified at the beginning of this clip and wondered if I'd ever be brave enough to pick up the book! I'm intrigued by it now though so think I'll try to get a copy from the library.

I'm reading "Stolen" by Tess Gerritsen....now I've read a good few of her books and really enjoyed them....but this one--ssooooooo boring :giveup::giveup:no...I don't think I'll give up on it(I'm too tight fisted-I bought it new!):D:ashamed0005:

:D:D

I'm like that too, I always see a book through to the end even when I'm not enjoying it.....not sure why I feel I ought to but I do, even if I've picked them up 2nd hand.

We read Cupcake Brown, A Piece Of Cake on the forum as our book club book, think I was the only one to finish it even though it left me feeling sucicidal, talk about depressing. It just went on and on and on with more misery unfolding with every page turned!

i've decided after a long period of resistance to read The DaVinci Code, so its sat on my bedside table. At least I'll fall asleep thinking of Tom Hanks ;)

the book was a lot better than the film, but i think dan browns other book 'angels and demons' was far better!!

I really enjoyed these too, I read Angels and Demons first so The Da Vinci Code was actually a bit of a let down as it's definitely not quite as good.

The film was ok but the book is sooooo much better. Recommend them to everyone but you should definitely read Da Vinci first.

cheb
i read the prologue and chapter one last night and i am already hooked
will update when i finish it!

Has anyone read the Kite Runner by [SIZE=-1]Khaled Hosseini?
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]My favourite book!! It's coming out in the cinema too.
[/SIZE]

I gave up on To Kill a Mocking Bird - I've read it befre so don't feel guilty. I'm now reading Salmon Fishing in the Yemen :D

Mellissa Hill is great read too!
She's got a few books out. Look into it!

xx

Back