What's everyone reading at the moment?

Hi Miss Mango, aw you have to read The Shack!! im not religious at all, the blurb made me want to read it, and it was comforting and it really does make you think. the whole situation was awful but..well there are parts that reduced me to tears!! and it really moved me,ive never been effected like that before through reading a book and ive read hundreads of books and love reading.

i bought 20 copies of The Shack last year and i put it in as a stocking filler for xmas presents :)

you have to get back to me when youve read it! :D

i always fancied reading the time travellers wife, didnt know if it would be confusing though?

ive not seen the film, i nearly bought it the other day. richard and judy had it on the book club i think,in smiths you can usually get buy 1 get 1 free on richard and judy book club books..

i like waterstones though so i can use my card :p

I've read The Time Travellers Wife & it is much better than the film, definately worth reading.

I LOVE that book, was really disappointed in the film.

At the moment i'm halfway through The Best Of Times by Penny Vincenzi. I love her books

Just about to start Let Me In by John Ajvide Lindqvist. The movie (orignial) is wonderfully beautiful so i have high hopes for the book :)

Just whizzing through 'Mini Shopaholic' the new Sophie Kinsella novel! I love the humour and have adored all her other books but getting a little tired of the shopaholic theme now- I think it's time for her to put them to bed! I love all of her individual 'non-shopaholic' books, Remember Me, Can You Keep a Secret, Undomestic Goddess and Twenties Girl! Pure genius!x

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater :) The Twilight Saga has ruined me! lol I now have to read books that either feature vampires or wolves :rolleyes:

Just finished Confessions of a Reformed Dieter, and half way through Little Lost Girl by Barbie Probert-Wright (it's good:))

OMG I was just gonna reccomend that book - Confessions of a Reformed Dieter was a total inspiration to me when I first started loosing weight!! It's great!! What did you think? I'm not that into self help books, but reading this ladies journey as a novel (& totally hillarious too!) was a massive help!!! :D

I am reading Tully at the moment by Paulinna Simons - very good read :)

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater :) The Twilight Saga has ruined me! lol I now have to read books that either feature vampires or wolves :rolleyes:

lol...i have both of her books to read.. my cousin has lent me her house of night series to read and the immortals :D

Reading lots of Shakespeare - I'm in my third year of an English degree. Got my dissertation to be reading for too and lots of other course reading. I'm doing a Children's Lit module this year though, which is really good, I'm loving reading all the old children's books like Secret Garden and the Alice in Wonderland books :) But other than set reading don't get time to read much else :( My boyfriend bought me the Vampire Diaries books cos I love reading and love the tv series but only got to the third one and had to get back to course reading.

A Quiet Vendetta by R J Ellory.

I'm kinda obsessed with him and and have recently made my way through Anniversary Man, Quiet Belief in Angels, Candlemoth and A Simple Act of Violence.

A Quiet Vendetta by R J Ellory.

I'm kinda obsessed with him and and have recently made my way through Anniversary Man, Quiet Belief in Angels, Candlemoth and A Simple Act of Violence.

ive only read a quiet belief in angels. i got that after it was on the richard and judy book club.

i didnt know who it was until quite near the end..i was a bit annoyed of the repetition of things,like how he would keep going over the same old thoughts, feelings and ground..but still a good book :)

ive got so many to read, ive had a pile of new books for months..

i'll list them later and see what everyone thinks :D

Have just finished reading Karen Rose's "Die For Me" - OMIGOD could not put it down. About to read Mark Haddon's "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" again.....this is so funny and clever & just need something light after Karen Rose's gory novel. Would really recommend "Her Fearful Symmetry" by Audrey Niffeneger - I preferred this to "Time Traveller's Wife".

Have just finished reading Karen Rose's "Die For Me" - OMIGOD could not put it down. About to read Mark Haddon's "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" again.....this is so funny and clever & just need something light after Karen Rose's gory novel. Would really recommend "Her Fearful Symmetry" by Audrey Niffeneger - I preferred this to "Time Traveller's Wife".

I have Her Fearful Symmetry,i got it a few weeks ago,ive not read it yet but i really liked the blurb...

i'll look up that Karen Rose book, i like a bit of gore :D

Im currently reading Ghost Girl by Tonya Hurley

Back