What's everyone reading at the moment?

recommend The Thirteenth Tale... couldnt put it down

:)

I have the following books on my to read pile...

a thousand splendid suns,khaled hosseini
half of a yellow sun,chimamanda ngozi adiche
the heretics daughter,kathleen kent
the suspicions of mr whicher,kate summerscale
the other hand,chris cleve
the cellist of sarajevo,steven galloway
season of the witch,natasha mastert
the gargoyle,andrew davidson
the savage garden,mark mills
the brutal art,jesse kellerman
sepulchre, kate mosse
labyrinth,kate mosse
my sisters keeper,jodi picoult
tenth circle,jodi picoult
change of heart,jodi picoult
forgotten garden,kate morton
house at riverton,kate morton
the other lives,sophie hannah
shadows of the wind,carlos ruiz zafron
the help,kathryn s
fallen,lauren kate
shiver and the second book linger
ozzy osbourne autobiog
stephen frys autobiog

and ive a list of new books i want to buy while the 3 for 3 is on :D

Just out of interest, what's 3 for 3?
Out of your list I've read A Thousand Splendid Suns, Savage Garden, My Sister's Keeper, The Tenth Circle, Change of Heart and Shadow of the Wind! They were all excellent!! Let us know how you get on!! I have a zillion in my pile! I seem to add to it faster than I can read them! X

ive not read my copy yet,so if you read it before me,you'll have to let me know what its like :)

xoxo
Yup will do deffo hun :) Whats The Thirteenth Tale about?

Just out of interest, what's 3 for 3?
Out of your list I've read A Thousand Splendid Suns, Savage Garden, My Sister's Keeper, The Tenth Circle, Change of Heart and Shadow of the Wind! They were all excellent!! Let us know how you get on!! I have a zillion in my pile! I seem to add to it faster than I can read them! X

i meant 3 for 3.. at waterstones they have a huge selection of books for 3 for 2...i have a points card which im saving up then im having a book splurge at christmas :)

thats what i do,im buying and getting new books every week,the piles is getting bigger and bigger...i will read them :D
ive signed up with some publishers too,so i get free books for a honest and frank review :):)

Hi happy holidays,i love the idea of the website and ive done it a few times, but i have real problems parting with my books lol

i dont mind so much with books that i didnt like at all but the ones that i liked but wouldnt read again i cant part with them... ;)

i nearly always buy new,i cant resist the smell and feel of a new unread book :D

xox

i loved the thirteenth tale,i read in a day and a half,was totally glued through out.
i do recommend it,but it might not be for everyone,check out the review...maybe try get it on ebay if you didnt want to buy it at full whack :)

The Thirteenth Tale (Book) by Diane Setterfield (2007): Waterstones.com

xoxo
Oooh that sounds just my kinda thing too - you're a great little source for good books hun :D I'm deffo going to get that one too but I'll wait a while until I read my others.
I love any story like that - fascinating!

Hi happy holidays,i love the idea of the website and ive done it a few times, but i have real problems parting with my books lol

i dont mind so much with books that i didnt like at all but the ones that i liked but wouldnt read again i cant part with them... ;)

i nearly always buy new,i cant resist the smell and feel of a new unread book :D

xox
Haha, you're exactly the same as me, I have the spare room full of bookcases (as does my mum) we just hate parting with our books, they always come in handy again at a later date!

I also love the smell of a new book, I like to leaf through the pages just so I waft the smell, I'm a bit weird :D :p

i meant 3 for 3.. at waterstones they have a huge selection of books for 3 for 2...i have a points card which im saving up then im having a book splurge at christmas :)

thats what i do,im buying and getting new books every week,the piles is getting bigger and bigger...i will read them :D
ive signed up with some publishers too,so i get free books for a honest and frank review :):)

Ooh tell me how to sign up with publishers!! Does that mean you get books sent to you before they go out to the masses? I do like the idea of free books in return for a review!!!X

Ooh tell me how to sign up with publishers!! Does that mean you get books sent to you before they go out to the masses? I do like the idea of free books in return for a review!!!X

My friend who lives in the states she is a book blogger and she is affiliated with amazon,it started from there,then she got involved with some publishing houses, they then send her free books,which she reviews..some are unknown authors etc... shes been doing it for quite some time now.she has a huge amount of books to read,so i started to read some too, and sent my review via email to her which she put on her blog, then she got me involved with the publishing houses now here :)

im not entirely sure what you have to do, i'll ask when i email her again.i think if were to email some publishing houses they would help you. :)

Haha, you're exactly the same as me, I have the spare room full of bookcases (as does my mum) we just hate parting with our books, they always come in handy again at a later date!

I also love the smell of a new book, I like to leaf through the pages just so I waft the smell, I'm a bit weird :D :p

i have a spare room devoted to my books too i think i probably have about 3000 books :eek::eek: i have some in my dining room too :)

i do love that new book smell..and i like to buy a book and read the jacket,the little reviews a few times before i start reading it ;)
xoxo

Oooh that sounds just my kinda thing too - you're a great little source for good books hun :D I'm deffo going to get that one too but I'll wait a while until I read my others.
I love any story like that - fascinating!

lol hun...yep...im a total book worm geek and proud! :)

xoxo

Billie Jo by Kimberly Chambers.

Synopsis

'Not once had Terry ever been hauled in by old bill. He was sure the filth was aware of him, as he had his fingers stuck in many pies, but he was a background man and that's the way he liked it. He made sure that he kept well away from the dodgy motors, the thieves and the yards'. Terry - the lucky villain with a heart of gold - is riding for a fall. Michelle - the wife he hates and is plotting to leave - knows something is afoot, but not quite what. Billie Jo - their adored only daughter - loathes her parents quarrelling and her mother drinking, but will she understand when Terry tells her the truth: that he is planning to marry his pregnant secretary? Jade is a cut above the rest and waits patiently for the day when she and Terry can live peacefully together on his ill-gotten gains, probably on the Costa del Sol. But fate is about to deal a terrible hand, leaving Billie Jo's protected world in tatters.

My friend who lives in the states she is a book blogger and she is affiliated with amazon,it started from there,then she got involved with some publishing houses, they then send her free books,which she reviews..some are unknown authors etc... shes been doing it for quite some time now.she has a huge amount of books to read,so i started to read some too, and sent my review via email to her which she put on her blog, then she got me involved with the publishing houses now here :)

im not entirely sure what you have to do, i'll ask when i email her again.i think if were to email some publishing houses they would help you. :)

Ooh sounds interesting! Thanks hun! Good idea, I might just do that! X

its great and a lot of fun to,you get to read some great books.

i do alot of reviews for my local waterstones too. i was in a book club,but meeting up became difficult at times :(

Bunny Hops you are so like me about your books - pair of little book worms we are :D I love the idea of reviewing but I wouldn't get the time unfortunately. I might do it one day when I have more time in life - but for now I'll have to keep reading at my own pace. ;)

My order of Her Fearful Symmetry arrived today so I'm excited about that, the reviews in the cover page and on the back page say its brilliant, I can't wait to start it. I'll wait til I've finished one of my other two before I start it though. I don't want to be juggling too many at once or it will get like my cross stitch kits and books will lie unfinished!

Bunny Hops you are so like me about your books - pair of little book worms we are :D I love the idea of reviewing but I wouldn't get the time unfortunately. I might do it one day when I have more time in life - but for now I'll have to keep reading at my own pace. ;)

My order of Her Fearful Symmetry arrived today so I'm excited about that, the reviews in the cover page and on the back page say its brilliant, I can't wait to start it. I'll wait til I've finished one of my other two before I start it though. I don't want to be juggling too many at once or it will get like my cross stitch kits and books will lie unfinished!

Yep, im a book worm :) i love doing my reviews,i love it that i can tell the world (well not the world but you know :eek:) what i think about books :D

my mum isnt a reader,in fact none of my family are so i really miss having book associated people around me,thats why i love doing my reviews and being involved with book clubs. it does take up a bit of time,but its worth it :D

i bought some more books today.. im promising one more batch of spending at waterstones and thats it til ive got my pile down a bit..or at least til middle of november...i can resist book shops at christmas :)

xoxo

oh, i forgot to say..dont get me started on the cross stitch lol
i used to do that all the time,but with the reading too i had to give it up :(

Back