What's everyone reading at the moment?

dextersmum said:
Thank you all so much for your adVice - have decided to get the fancy 3G one 4 my birthday in April as a reward for losing weight and can't wait!!

Yaaayyy! Glad you've gone for it! I'm sure you'll be thrilled xxxxx

I am reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I saw it in the cinema at the weekend and thought it was amazing so had to read the book!

Just finished reading "The Thyroid Diet" by Mary Shomon........some good tips but no plan that would differ from slimming world!

dextersmum said:
Just finished reading "The Thyroid Diet" by Mary Shomon........some good tips but no plan that would differ from slimming world!

So not very good? Did it say to stay away from broccoli and Brussels ect...?

So not very good? Did it say to stay away from broccoli and Brussels ect...?

Yes it did but very contradictory because in one of the diet plans they were there along with cabbage!!
Also thought she would recommend having more frequent, smaller meals to keep metabolism up but no seemed to prefer 3 square meals and no snacks - yikes!

We do a book club at work, so far we've read One Day, When God Was A Rabbit and The End Of Everything.

I would highly recommend all of these, at the moment i've started reading The Help which i'm one chapter into so can't really judge x

Havnt read that one miss bean i'll have a look see if i can get it for the kindle on amazon. Just finished reading mary donaghues the room great read!!!! Read it in a day!!!!

I've just got 'one day' Ive heard so many people say about it. Not started yet though .

I enjoyed The Room too - very cleverly written. Am really getting into Dean Koontz' Breathless and am going to read War Horse next because I always prefer to read the book before watching the film and I love my animals!

Reading The Whitchapel Vampire by Alex O' Connell on my Kindle, this combines both of my passions Vampyre fiction and Jack The Ripper... about two thirds the way through and loving it thus far... Also got me a nice shiny skin for my Kindle which looks like an old fashioned library with ladders and higgledy piggledy books on shelves...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

dextersmum said:
I enjoyed The Room too - very cleverly written. Am really getting into Dean Koontz' Breathless and am going to read War Horse next because I always prefer to read the book before watching the film and I love my animals!

War Horse is amazing! An extremely quick read but it will have you gripped and totally falling on love with Joey! XxX

I've just finished reading World Without End, thank you all on here who recommended it, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm now going to start reading Game of Thrones, so excited, I watched the tv series & enjoyed that so I'm hoping the written word will be as gripping:D

A History of Childhood and Murder by Loretta Loach.

I'm a bit of a history nerd and I aldo enjoy true crime so this book is right up my street! It's excellently written - the book begins all the way back in the 1300's when children killing other children was first documented. It's very interesting to read the reasons behind these crimes and how life has changed over the centuries (and in some cases how it hasn't!). It details the punishments and compares how it compares with punishments today. Sad, but thought provoking and very interesting.

War Horse is amazing! An extremely quick read but it will have you gripped and totally falling on love with Joey! XxX

Can't wait to read it and know I will read it in one sitting!! Reminds me of loving Black Beauty when younger and I have read that sooo many times xx

brads27 said:
I am reading (weight loss for food lovers),i think it is a must read for everybody on this forum,only read a small part of the book so far but it makes a lot of sense,i know how hard it is to loose weight it was hard when i gave up smoking after smoking 40 a day for years and years,but food you have to have to survive,this book will be very helpful,i can tell after reading a small part of it,you don`t even have to read it from front to back.

i am also reading A Darker Domain by Val Mcdermid:)

Will look out for that. Love reading that sort of book.

Back