What's everyone reading at the moment?

I'm reading Lord of The Rings. It's taken me MONTHS because I keep stopping (also because it is the size of a fridge), but I am absolutely loving it.

I am reading Dead & Gone, the 9th Sookie Stackhouse book by Charlaine Harris. Before that I read The Help by Kathryn Stockett which was amazing, I couldn't put it down and read till silly o'clock.

Yaay enjoy! Did u get your Kindle yet? X

Not yet ......... Gonna have it as a birthday pressie/diet reward - will only have to wait until April!!! Trying to get through my enormous collection of books and still I buy more!!(still better for me than food!)

I've just decided to re-read all of the Harry Potter books, so am right back where it all started, with Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone :)

'Thud' by Terry Pratchett. Almost done with it now :) Then onto 'Wintersmith' by Terry Pratchett :)

Anyone else here use goodreads to track what they are reading?

Princess_Stevie said:
I've just decided to re-read all of the Harry Potter books, so am right back where it all started, with Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone :)

I've got an urge to re-read them but want to wait until the eBooks come out. So I can see what they've done with them.

'Thud' by Terry Pratchett. Almost done with it now :) Then onto 'Wintersmith' by Terry Pratchett :)

Anyone else here use goodreads to track what they are reading?

I've got the Terry Pratchett discworld series to start reading, but keep putting it off only for the reason there are 33 books in the series:eek:

I've got an urge to re-read them but want to wait until the eBooks come out. So I can see what they've done with them.

Have to say I'm quite anti-eBook, nothing beats a proper book IMO.

I was til I got my kindle. Haven't read a 'proper' book since :)

My Blackberry Playbook can be used to read books, the same way the Kindle works. I really really cannot get into it though :rolleyes:

Princess_Stevie said:
Have to say I'm quite anti-eBook, nothing beats a proper book IMO.

I think both have their place. At home I will always love snuggling up with an actual book but for travel and out and about the eBook comes into its own. I struggle to fit the newer Harry Potter's (book 4+) into my hand bag but my kindle fits perfectly.

I had the kindle app on my iPad before I got the kindle and hardly ever used it; felt awkward and the backlight made my eyes ache. The kindle really is just like a book though.

I felt the same about eBooks until I got one as a present. For me they'll never totally replace physical books but I see (and enjoy) the practical side of the eBook reader.

Wow. That was a long post. Lol.

Back