What's everyone reading at the moment?

Nope - what's it about?? :confused:

I have just finished the Dark Materials Trilogy by Phillip Pullman, and now dived into 'Assassin's Apprentice' by Robin Hobb :)

Nope - what's it about?? :confused:

I have just finished the Dark Materials Trilogy by Phillip Pullman, and now dived into 'Assassin's Apprentice' by Robin Hobb :)

The film is so inferior to the book don't you think?

I'm reading Sharon Osbourne's book at the moment..."Survivor". I only got to page 2 before I was laughing hysterically out loud!!!!:eek::D

I'm currently reading 'Moll Flanders' by Daniel Defoe. Wish he'd written it in chapters though! :rolleyes:

I'm just coming to the end of The Lollipop Shoes by Joann Harris, reaaly enjoyed it, even better than Chocolat, the only other Joanne Harris book that I've liked.

Anyone else read it?

I've been wanting to read that since it came out, still haven't got round to even buying it! lol

Currently reading Everything is illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer. Our French language assistant recommended it.

I tried starting Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts (I think) but it was tedious and long-winded. Too much drivel, in my opinon, so I gave up about page 297. I think it's almost 1000 pages long. I just don't have the time these days for reading as much as I'd like. :cry:

'Change your life in 7 days' Paul McKenna......go on paul work your magic!

I'm reading "The Holy Blood & The Holy Grail"...love me conspiracy theories....lol

The Red Dahlia by Lynda la Plante and just off for a walk to the library to see what i can find for the weekend...

(Lifelong bookworm!)

Faces by Martina Cole at the moment......

Loved The Red Dahlia, couldn't put it down!!!!:rolleyes:

I'm reading Bright Lights and Promises by Pauline McLynn - it's pretty good so far.

I'm reading This Book Will Save Your Life by A.M. Holmes. It's another one of the Richard and Judy Book club recommendations.

Sounds like a self help book from the title, but it isn't. Its about a bloke going through a mid-life crises.

Not quiet my usual kind of thing, and quiet unbelievable, but still finding myself drawn to it. Will be sorry when it's finished.

I've just finished Blind Faith by Ben Elton and loved the cynical/satirical portrayal of British society. Quite a light read and highly recommended.

Almost at the end of Mark Billingham's 'Lifeless' - a murder/detective story about the homeless in London. It took me ages to get into (hence reading Ben Elton at the same time) but I'm enjoying it now.

I'm planning to read Minette Walters next - The Devils Feather - anyone read it?

I bought a few books in WH Smith the other day and one of those was one of the Richard & Judy bookclub ones - Then We Came to The End .... not started it yet though.

I've just finished My Booky Wook by Russell Brand.. Couldn't really get into it. It was all a bit jumpy, almost like he had a ghost writer and then wrote some himself. Weird. Unless it's me! Anyway, I couldn't finish it cos it pee'd me off so much. Gonna post it to a friend who wants it:D.
Tonight I will start on some chicklit I bought from the charity shop!

Just started 'Wuthering Heights' by Emily Bronte. Not by choice - darn that English degree!
I'm 2 chapters in and am supposed to have finished it by tomorrow ... do-able? No, I didn't think so either :sigh:

Back