What's everyone reading at the moment?

I bought a few books in WH Smith the other day and one of those was one of the Richard & Judy bookclub ones - Then We Came to The End .... not started it yet though.

I'm reading this too!About half way through.Love it
Susan

I bought a few books in WH Smith the other day and one of those was one of the Richard & Judy bookclub ones - Then We Came to The End .... not started it yet though.

I'm reading this too!
Love it about half way through

Susanx

Last edited:
In between books at the moment..

Just finished Irvine Welsh's new one, Bedroom Secrets of the Master Chefs.. If you like his books, you'll enjoy it :D

Glad you like it Susan - I'm just about to go sit down and start it :)

Just started 'Wuthering Heights' by Emily Bronte. Not by choice - darn that English degree!
I'm 2 chapters in and am supposed to have finished it by tomorrow ... do-able? No, I didn't think so either :sigh:

What other books are on your reading list, RD?

I'm now reading 'Over' by Margaret Forster.

Amazon.co.uk: Over: Books: Margaret Forster

MForster is one of my favourite novelists (if not, my No. 1 choice of author). I thought I had read all of her books, so was delighted to see that she had written a couple more and Over hasn't disappointed :clap:

Many of her books tackle the difficulties and relationships of family life with an admirably unsentimental eye. I loved "Have the Men Had Enough", about the tensions in a family caring for an elderly relative with Alzheimers. Brilliant book. Funny, yet sad.
Amazon.co.uk: Have the Men Had Enough?: Books: Margaret Forster

RD. I enjoyed Wuthering Heights :), but books are so much better when you chose to read them, rather than have them on a reading list. Ruins it for me (being a rebel and all that:eek:)

same here KD, although i loved pride and prejudice for an english gcse and loved it immediately. have read it so many times and then fell in love with colin firth...hee hee

I'm currently reading Dexter in the Dark by Jeff Lindsey.

It is the third in the series and is very easy to read - a real twist on a serial killer plot, quite funny in places too. I noticed that Dexter, the tv series, has just started so have taped the first one to watch to see if it matches up to the book - they usually don't, do they?

Jemima J by Jane Green.

It's quite a few years old but is brilliant. It's about an overweight girl who lives in London and believes her weight is holding her back. I won't say anymore as it will ruin the book.

Amazon.co.uk: Jemima J: Jane Green: Books

I love Jemima J, it's a really good book - that's the one that got me into Jane Green.

Jemima J by Jane Green.

It's quite a few years old but is brilliant. It's about an overweight girl who lives in London and believes her weight is holding her back. I won't say anymore as it will ruin the book.

Amazon.co.uk: Jemima J: Jane Green: Books

Adore Jemima J - is a keeper on my bookshelf!! :clap: In fact, I may need to dig it out and read it again!!

The film is so inferior to the book don't you think?

OMG, having finally seen the film, what a complete mockery!!!! :mad: :mad: I've had to insist that DH carry on reading the book, cos the film put him off completely! :eek:

I am reading the last in the second Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb - Fool's Fate. Not sure why I like these books, but have found myself devouring them given the opportunity! :p And of course, got another couple in reserve when I finish this, including Sharon Osbourne. :cool:

I love Jemima J, it's a really good book - that's the one that got me into Jane Green.

I haven't read any other Jane Green books, are they good? Which one would you recommend next? I've got Bookends, but never got around to starting it :rolleyes:

Adore Jemima J - is a keeper on my bookshelf!! :clap: In fact, I may need to dig it out and read it again!!

This is my 2nd time reading it. It's such a great story with great twists. (I'm easily pleased :p)

From what I remember Bookends is pretty good and there's Babyville as well - think it was Babyville that had me crying all over Scotland at one stage as we were visiting family and I was reading it in the back of the car ;)

I'm reading 'Remember Me?' - Sophie Kinsella. The first bit of chick lit of read in ages.

I've looked at that a couple of times --- not picked it up though as I'm not that keen on the shopaholic ones she does ---- is this one a good buy?

I've asked for a couple of books for my birthday - not sure who they are by one of them is called something like ' My Best Friends Girl'... and the other is something to do with Marshmallows...lol.... both by the same author - read the back covers and they sound good so they are on my birthday list - and only 2 for 7 quid which i thought was good....!! Anyone know the ones I'm on about????

Read it ages ago but would strongly recommend a book called 'The Island' by Victoria Hislop..... loved it - might even read it again this summer.... really made me want to visit Crete and the area it was based around.... one day maybe...!!!

Back