Whats your food budget?

There are 5 of is, 3 adults and a 12 and 11 year old boy. I spend a lot more then I'd like on food and am always saying I'd like to cut it down! I budget £150 a week but probably spend more than that as can easily spend that in the weekly shop and then need to top up fruit n veg in the week.
That doesn't include hubbys lunches or my 12 year olds. - top up his school dinner card with about 25/30 pound a week!! Which is loads but he leaves the house at 7.30 and doesn't get back in till 4.20 and I think for a growing boy he needs to keep topped up also I don't want him being able to get something when he goes to the canteen with mates w

There's 6 of us,2 have school dinners budgeted at 10.50 a week each,2 have pack ups (my husband & 11yr old) including that my food budget is approx £120 pw -but I'm always trying to cut down...I'm getting a fresh veg box delivered today from a local farm...of its good value then il make it a regular thing x

Emmamb said:
There's 6 of us,2 have school dinners budgeted at 10.50 a week each,2 have pack ups (my husband & 11yr old) including that my food budget is approx £120 pw -but I'm always trying to cut down...I'm getting a fresh veg box delivered today from a local farm...of its good value then il make it a regular thing x

I've started getting a meat eggs and fruit n veg pack off a butcher / grocer its fantastic value and fab quality ... Got another delivery tomorrow so if you live between colne and Leeds Bradford area (lancashire) I highly reccomend rc and b binns butchers and orders over 30 are delivered free

This was my veg box-all organic,I put it thru asda app and it came out more expensive for smaller quantity so I'm happy. Will feed 6 of us for at least 4 days x

Attachments

• image-11310859.jpg
    image-11310859.jpg
    544.9 KB · Views: 67
Emmamb said:
This was my veg box-all organic,I put it thru asda app and it came out more expensive for smaller quantity so I'm happy. Will feed 6 of us for at least 4 days x

Will take a pic of mine tomorrow when it arrives

There are 5 of us full-time (2 adults and 3 teenagers) and then my stepsons (5 & 9) sometimes. I spent around £150 a week; £120 in Tesco and then the day-to-day replenishing of fruit, milk, bread etc. i also order monthly from Joe's Sausages and spend around £80. I do try to buy what's on offer but when you are looking for the leanest cuts of meat etc it gets expensive.

Back