What's your reason - and be honest!

see i am the opposite lol i think it's really important to do this to be healthy and i think were all so critical of ourselves half of the battle is deciding that you like yourself and right now i am not happy with the way i look, i used to love my body because i was confident in it now not so much infact you could say i grew to hate it but now i am feeling better i am losing weight i want to be able to show it off thats what i want for me personally and i don't care if it is shallow, i know just like all of us have done at one point how miserable it makes you feel and i have worked really hard to lose it so when i get to my goal i intend to enjoy my body which includes showing it off XXXXx

Me too. I'll be in a skimpy bikini on a beach..actually no...just down the local pool! Body con dresses, shorts...nay hotpants...etc! If I wasn't 30-something I would even try to go braless LOL if they wouldn't end up by my navel...

I have 2 main reasons, apart from the health side of it:
1: I want to set a good example for the children I teach (I qualified as a teacher last Summer)
2: I want my OH to propose!!! We have been together for 7 years, an silly as it may sound, I know he won't until I have got a permanent job and am thinner, healthier and happier with my body.

I have been rubbish this week, and I know I have put on a lot, so I am gonna get back on it properly now. This thread has really inspired me. Thank you all. :)

do it hellie lol i have a pair of gold hot pants with my name on em i cannot wait haha

Me and you Ria...We'll give old Kylie a run for her botox'd bodymoney!!

Last edited:
1. I have severe arthritis and am registered disabled through because of it, so losing weight will give a more painfree quality of life.

2. I also have a hernia so I can have an 'op' if I lose weight.

3. It's been so long since I was slim (70's) that I have forgotten what it's like, so It would be nice to be slim again.

4. I also have a 1 year old grandson, and I want to live to see him grow up.

5. I want to wear nice flattering clothes again instead of baggy skirts and top's.

Basically I just want my life back again I suppose....

i feel a challenge hellie the hotpants slimathon here we come !!! my goal date is 25th August i bet someone i would wear them for leeds festival if i got to my goal weight , stupid wine promises grrrr i believe you now have to participate hehe

Hehe! I have NOT made a wine promise though!!!

too late hellie , and welcome andy i am sure you will look spiffing in hotpants i'm starting a thread lol

Well my main reason is i want to start a family as im cracking on a bit now (33 nxt sunday :( ) Also had a moment at my mums when mum and the oh "MADE" me weigh myself and well all i can say is i was disgusted with myself for getting that fat and i cried. i knew then i had to do something about it. have since managed to lose my first stone with help from all you lovley slimmers here on minimins :talk017:

1) To feel good/confident
2) To start pole-dancing again
3) To look good
4) To feel like I 'fit in' in spin class with all the skinnies!

God my list could go on forever, but these are the main ones! x

To find clothes that not only look nice but that i feel confident and sexy in

To feel fit again

To look gorgeous on our wedding day in Rhodes next year...

Wow interesting thread! It's great to read how others feel about why losing weight is important and it's clear that for a lot of us the reasons are the same!

For myself, the main reason, a bit like princessria is just to look good. I'm happy in myself but i want to look better than i do now.

Second reason would have to be my job. I'm a Csi and in order for me to progress to where i want its going to be lots of tough physical training!

Thirdly, my bf is a doctor in the army and has just been posted to Afghanistan to serve on the front line for 6 months so i want to give him the shock of his life when he comes home and sees me half the size i was when he left hehe :p xx

Great thread, i want to lose weight to feel better in myself as I have a really nice figure under all this fat, Beyonce has nothing on me lol.
Became a mum last Oct and want to set a good example for my daughter i also don't want to embarass her, in fact i want to be a yummy mummy.
We also want to have more children and will start TTC when im reach my target.
To be able put a great outfit together and get dressed in minutes rather than the length of time Icurrently take changing numerous outfits before i settle for one i think makes me look "OK"
To be able to wear all my smaller beautiful clothes.
To feel more confident.
To feel that my husband is really proud when out together.I've always said i don't want to be skinny just bootylicious but to be honest i can't find my bum at the mo lol.

I want to stop using my weight as an excuse not to do things. The fat me on the outside and the thin me on the inside don't match and I want them too :)
I also want new boobs and a tummy tuck which I am determined I will have this time next year so need to get to target and book my ops
Oh and I am sure when I am a size 10 Vin Diesel will wake up and propose to me lol

i like this thread its interesting seeing everyones reasons!

mines a bit silly really, i was a size 10/12 when i moved away from home 5 years ago and i am up to a 14 (verging on a 16 in jeans) and yeh that isn;t huge and it has been gradual sometimes its something silly that makes you realise that you wana change

mine is my new tattoo :D got a largish backpiece started few weeks ago - its a cherry blossom branch taking up about a quarter of my back, just got it finished on saturday there i am in love with it yay!

was taking a pic when i got the outline done, and i guess i avoid looking at myself naked nowadays, there ruining my lovely new tattoo was big back creases lol! girls you will know the ones i mean those big flabby hanging over bits bleh!

so yeh i want my new tattoo to be as lovely as it should be. and if that means loosing weight then thats what i shall do!

silly eh?

will get a pic once its all healed if anyones interested :)

X

It is really interesting seeing everyone's reasnos.

Mine are fairly simple-

I want to do things i am too scared to do because i'm too fat,like snowboarding, in case i fall over and can't get up, how humiliating!

I want to be able to live long enough to see all my kids get married and have children (i hope)

I want to be able to go a shop and say "I like that" and buy it, without thinking it won't fit, or be in my size!

Finally when i walk in to a meeting at work, with people i don't know i want them to think i am an average sized confident woman, not a whingeing fat moo!

Oh and i want to get an outfit like my little avatar is wearing in my signature!!

I can relate to your first one Chuffy. I have a pair of inlines waiting to be used, but i dont want to fall down and for people to be saying, look at that fat cow, couldnt even get up.

Back