When I reach target, I look forward to....

What a great thread :)

I'm looking forward to:

• Being under a size 14 for the first time since I was 14!
  • Buying an item of clothing from River Island
  • Having thighs that don't rub together when I walk
  • Not having jeans that 'ride down' due to my waist being bigger than my hips :(
  • Not having to tuck my tummy in my trousers :eek:
  • Feeling that I look good in fitted clothes rather than trying to hide my lumps and bumps in huge t-shirts

What a fantastic thread!
For me it would be:
* feel comfortable around my family (everyone in my family is size 6 or 8 or 10 I am 18-20 :-( so look like a big whale in the middle
* wear bikini!- never ever done that
* go into a shop and don't see those little sarcastic smiles on shop assistants faces, like what is she doing here?
* to be able to wear what I want no what just fits me!
my list could go on and on but the most important for me it would be to feel healthy and fit!

Im looking forward to,

1. To look forward to and have a day out with my friends without worrying that i will stick out like a sore thumb because im fat and they are all super thin
2. To look good in pictures and not worry about looking like an overgrown beep in them
3. To look in the mirror an feel good each time i do
4. To be able to meet old/new people and not worry about being overweight
4. To be able to wear my beautiful coat without feeling like the buttons are going to burst open
5. To not feel embarassed when people say anything about being fat
thinking im fat too!
6. To be able to wear lovely cardigans that are loose on me!
7. To be able to squeeze between friends knowing i wont squash them
8. To be able to wear clothes without looking so fat!
9. To go anywhere and everywhere happily and not fret about being fat
10. To go out in the sun or walking/climbing stairs without sweating!

wrote quite abit and could go on and on to be honest but il stop myself now!!! :D

Overall though i think losing weight will make me H A P P I E R than i am now!

I am looking forward to three things above all else:

~BRA's - To be able to go into an actual Shop (without travelling for miles) and buy a pretty G cup bra without spending £30+ and not feeling like crying when a bra breaks.

~Feet - That they will stop hurting! I have plantar fasciitis and tendonitis and my feet hurt so often and especially during exercise.

~Fitness - I'm determined to slim and work my butt off to be fit and toned so I look extra amazing at target! Killer Abs, YEAH Baby!

I look forward to being able to borrow friends clothes haha :)

going back to the shop assistant who told me " we dont stock large sizes" and punching her in the face..

I so know where you're coming from!

*Theresa* said:
Being able to say for the first time since I was a teenager that I don't need to lose weight and I am perfect the way I am thanks :)

Being able to buy knee high boots from normal shops.

To be able to buy bra's that don't need a mortgage to afford

Lol! Why are the bigger bra's so damn expensive?? Bravissimo's clothing range are even more pricier... Just for making clothes to fit over a bigger pair of breasts!

It is just having the confidence to pick something up and not have to think, oh this is going to emphatise my fat bum, arms, tummy etc. and when you try it on, not starting to sweat in panic in case you cant get it on (or off afterwards without ripping it) and when you try it on it looks disgusting.

People are like that wherever you go, they only see differences in people.

my ex step-brother had (still has) cancer and he is in a wheelchair for life and the amount of abuse he got off people is unbelievable. A teenager was going to drag him out of his chair and hit him because he accidently ran over his foot.

Sorry to hear about him.
OMG thats EFFING awful!!! I would kill somebody if they ever even thought about doing that to him!!!
On a funny note hubby (before I met him) got banned from a nightclub for 'touching girls up' he actually tapped her on the back of the leg to get her attention to move cos it was the only place he could reach it was either that or run her over - I'd have gone with the 2nd one!!! lol

What a great thread :)

I'm looking forward to:

• Being under a size 14 for the first time since I was 14!
  • Buying an item of clothing from River Island
  • Having thighs that don't rub together when I walk
  • Not having jeans that 'ride down' due to my waist being bigger than my hips :(
  • Not having to tuck my tummy in my trousers :eek:
  • Feeling that I look good in fitted clothes rather than trying to hide my lumps and bumps in huge t-shirts

Why can't you buy from River Island? They go up to an 18

Not lay in bed at night grabbing all the fat around my middle wondering whether it is possible to cut if off (lol!)

QUOTE]
oh my god i do that too.

Me too... I joined SW so I could cut it down and the fat has pretty much gone from everywhere else but is insisting on clinging to my middle, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sorry to hear about him.
OMG thats EFFING awful!!! I would kill somebody if they ever even thought about doing that to him!!!

so you think that just because he's in a wheelchair he should be treated differently?
if it was an anble bodied person stood on the other guys toes and threatened with violence, would you feel as strongly about it??

if it was an anble bodied person stood on the other guys toes and threatened with violence, would you feel as strongly about it??

I certainly would...no-one should react with violence or even threatening violence due to someone bumping into or standing on their toes...that's just a completely ridiculous over reaction.

What a brilliant thread!

I look forward to more energy for my Grandaughter
I look forward to walking into a shop and not having to ask what size they go up to.
I look forward to not having to try on all 8 pieces of my wardrobe in desperation to look presentable or fashionable.
I look forward to pretty knickers
I look forward to those nice fitting jeans that hug the bum
I look forward to slim heeled shoes and not toppling over.
I look forward to the spring in my step and being outside of my own larger existance.
I look forward to the birthday and xmas photos through the year

I look forward to telling myself..... I knew you could do it.

lookingforme said:
What a brilliant thread!

I look forward to more energy for my Grandaughter
I look forward to walking into a shop and not having to ask what size they go up to.
I look forward to not having to try on all 8 pieces of my wardrobe in desperation to look presentable or fashionable.
I look forward to pretty knickers
I look forward to those nice fitting jeans that hug the bum
I look forward to slim heeled shoes and not toppling over.
I look forward to the spring in my step and being outside of my own larger existance.
I look forward to the birthday and xmas photos through the year

I look forward to telling myself..... I knew you could do it.

I have to say looking forward to telling yourself you knew you could do it, is my favourite thing anyone has written on this thread. Reading that I had the biggest smile on my face. Wicked answer :D

We're booking a holiday in August, only a caravan in Wales but I'm so excited and have already started planning what clothes I'll need, and also need a cossie as I've promised my son that we'll go to the swimming pool and have a go on the slides etc...

I would never have been like this before, losing weight just gives you such a zest for life, it's brill!

Why can't you buy from River Island? They go up to an 18

They don't fit me properly even in the bigger sizes, my tummy is bigger than my hips, I have to wear granny jeans and tuck my tummy in! :eek:

I'm a size 16 at the moment (the lowest I ever got to with SW was a size 14) although I was a size 22 before I had my kids, I have lots off loose skin :(

I can wait to buy clothes I want to wear, rather than whatever evans sell that hide my flabby arms and dont make me look bigger than I am already. I want to be able to shop in white stuff, monsoon, miss selfridge, marks, anywhere normal. I want to be able to buy the clothes I see and think wow, that looks so nice, but that they dont do in my size and even if they did it would look awful on me.

to feel femanin

I want to be able to do things without worrying if im to big or heavy to do it.

being able to sit on hubbys lap

to find bras that fit

to be able to wear pretty shoes

to not worry everytime i feel poorly that i may have developed diabetes and it will be my own fault

to not dread bumping into people from school because of what they would think

not having to squash myself into a plane seat

I want to be able to look back and realise I achieved this, I dont believe I can at the moment, i just hope I can. But if I do this will be the hardest, most important thing I will have ever done for myself, my husband and my dad.

I want to not feel ashamed when I go swimming/ not dread going swimming

I want children I work with to not ask me if I am having a baby

there is lots more I am sure I will add to this

I want to be able to look at a photo of myself without feeling ashamed.

Back