When will my dress size change!?!?!

Fluffysheep81

I have lost 1 1/2 stone so far and yet don't seems to have budged on the dress/clothing sizes!! Just before joining slimming world I had to admit defeat and start buying a size 18 but now even after the loss...,.I'm STILL buying size 18 clothes because I cant get into a 16!!! Used to be '10lb is a dress size' ......obviously not anymore!!! Is it just me????

I've lost 1 1/2 and my dress size hasn't budged either!!

I'm going with the 'just keep swimming' mentality! The size'll change eventually :)

xx

Stackhead said:
I've lost 1 1/2 and my dress size hasn't budged either!!

I'm going with the 'just keep swimming' mentality! The size'll change eventually :)

xx

It's sooooooo frustrating isn't it?!? I'm trying my best not to buy anything until I can pick the next size down but who knows when that will be!! Xx

I read that it was more likely to change every stone rather than every 10lbs, but don't read it too literally. We all store fat in different places, and our bodies lose it from different places too - but it's only in the initial stages, after that it evens out. So it's possibly your're body has lost the majority of that stone and a half from some hidden store that doesn't lie on the same lines that measure clothing size (such as waist, bust, hips etc.). But it will all even out eventually - you've done really well to lose so much already so don't lose heart!

I've been measuring my stomach and the dang thing hasn't budged a millimetre, but I've gone down two holes on my belt - which is nice an' all, but my jeans were already hanging off and now I'm paranoid my huge stomach is bulging over the top even more! Stoopid bodies and their stoopid storage system *mutter grumble*

keep goin it took me 3-3 and a half stone to drop a size!! So frustrating i know but persevere i got told the fat disappears from around ur insides first....i think that maybe true in my case anyway seens as it took so long before i dropped a size! keep it up it will be worth it in the end :) xxx

Ive lost almost a stone and a half and im slightly more comfortable in my current clothes my stomachs shrank but hips and boobs are still big

person A might drop a dress size every stone

but person B's shape and body will be very different to person A so might take every 2 stone to drop a size

Ive lost nearly 50lbs....and ive gone from a 18/20 to a 14 (a 16 in some jeans). It took AGES to drop a dress size....a lot slower than i expected! you will get there tho! xxxx

I have lost just over 2 stone. I was comfortable in a 22 before i started. Now i am v comfortable in an 18, and often buying a 16 in some shops.

A girl in my group only dropped a dress size after losing 3 stone, so it differs for each of us i think!

I've lost just over 2 stone and still can't see a difference. I have a lot more to lose though, so I'm sure it will show eventually!

I took me 2 stone before I lost a dress size but if I'm honest that's because my size 24's didn't fit me at all when I started and I was actually more like a 26.

I've lost nealy 5 stone and I'm still a 16 in jeans and anything fitted at the hips yet I can get into 12's if they're fitted at the waist.

Just keep going, you'll drop a size eventually but personally I think the 10lb dress size thing is a bit of a myth.

I went from a 22 to a 12 in seven and a half stone, so thats 6 dress sizes - so slightly over a stone per dress size. However, I stored most of my fat round my middle and that was the last thing to drop it.

I've lost 1 and a half stone. None of my size 20's fit any more but I can't fit into 18's either! Very frustrated lol

I agree with Clareel ! Were you really your true dress size before you started on SW?
I can say honestly that pre SW I would have said I was a size 18 bottom, 16 top. But I would not have bought any size 18 trousers for a while ...reason being if I had of tried on some new size 18s, they probably wouldnt have fitted. I was more like a size 20. So now, I cant really say I have gone down a dress size, but my size 18s certainly fit now! ( So i have gone down down a dress size, I just couldnt admit I was a size 20.)

It's weird I've lost 2 stone and only dropped one dress size. but I've notice that my shape changes, I lost weight on my shoulders and upper torso and although my waist is much smaller and everything hangs on me the numbers stayed the same!
Oh and I've fallen between sizes too!

The question that pops into my mind is what size did you REALLY start at?

I was a 22/24 in some clothes. But i still got into a 20 in others.

So.....when i first lost weight the 20's started to fit much better, and the 22 and 24 started to look stupid.

As a guide measure yourself on the Next size guide.....

NEXT Directory On-Line : Help : WOMENS SIZING GUIDE

If you have your starting measurements, that would really help to see how well you have done already.

On that size scale I AM currently a 16, and i WAS a 24 (started at 48.5 chest, 42 waist, 52 hips).

Hope this helps, i know its only one shops sizes, but you have to keep track somehow i say!

xxx

I've lost very close to 3st and have gone from a 24 bottoms to an 18 and from a 24 tops to a 18/20. I think it's because I'm loosing a lot of inches from my middle.I think it will take longer to drop to a 16 as I have less to loose from my middle so it may well come off more evenly from other places.

We all loose different amounts from different places at different speeds so hang in there, your doing really well. :)

am i the only one who HATES next sizing?? How can i fit into 12/14's in new look, 14's in river island, 14's in debenhams...and struggle to get on a pair of next size 16 jeans????? xx

as already said depends on the brand and how maxed out the size was

happy to be having to belt up my jeans as are deffinatly hanging of me now after stone half odd off

but my shape is that of a heavy pregnancy without the baby!

WelshCake said:
I wish it was 10lbs a dress size I'd be a size 12 now not a size 18, I started off a size 24/26 and have lost ove 80lbs so 3-4 sizes down

I think you'll find that dress you look so gorg in is a size 16 hun!!

Back