Where are you ketosis?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by scooterchick, 21 January 2010 Social URL.

1. scooterchick

scooterchick She's me in a few months

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(9.7%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ok, I'm starting day 4 and I feel like carp. I feel sicky, I can't stomach the thought of a cambridge product, even my favourite chocolate tetra makes me want to heave. When I as putting DS's coco pops out, ooh I coiuld have shoved a spoonful into my mouth. I want toast, or a pancake, or something!!!!!!!!!!! Should I not be in ketosis by now? What can I do? :cry:

INTHESUMMEROF69 likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JustForMe

JustForMe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.37%)
    awwwhhh -hugs- the first few days ARE always the worst...but it will hit you before you know it...just think you get weighed in 3 days :D and youll have lost lots and lots :D

4. miss jelly tot

miss jelly tot CWP Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Diet:
    CWP
    :hug99:Keep strong and keep going. Im on Day 3 and in Keto, I know because I tested, but it doesn't stop me craving the kids buttery crumpets this morning and nearly licking the left overs. :eek: I think alot is head hungar and my head is def hungry. Keep going because by tomorrow you may well be in ketosis and things might get alot easier :D

5. Nellyphant

Nellyphant Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.93%)
    Head hunger is the worst kind to ignore. You'll get into ketosis soon enough and you won't be physically hungry but the head hunger is something we all have to work on.

INTHESUMMEROF69 likes this.
  6. scooterchick

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(9.7%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I feel awful, I feel sich, I keep burping and thinking I'm going to be sick, I've got heartburn and no energy. I remember feeling liek this the last time and having some toast and egg which made me feel much better. I don't know what to do, I'm in danger of caving! Maybe SS isn't for me, maybe I should look at the other options.

7. cicerone

cicerone Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    It would be a shame to give in now, as today will probably be your worst day, and tomorrow you will feel much better. Stick with it, and see what tomorrow brings. Remember, its not far off x

8. scooterchick

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(9.7%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Am I allowed a salmon steak?

9. redhead66

redhead66 This will be my year

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.73%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    Hi Scooterchick,

I'm on day 4 too and am in ketosis, but I went thro exactly what you're describing just before the stick turned pink.

I rang my CDC for help cos I was feeling so bad and she told me that the carb craving (mine was pasta) was my body's reaction to using up the last available energy before it starts to burn the stored fat and ketosis kicks in. I don't know how true it is, or if she was just talking me thro the wobble, but either way it was true for me.

Hang in there hun, you've got to day 4 so the worst is almost over

V x

10. laura9876543

laura9876543 Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Do what ever will keep you on the diet! Are you on sole source or sole source plus? I did sole source three years ago and cheated almost daily but been almost four weeks on sole source plus now and lost almost 2 stones.

11. scooterchick

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(9.7%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks ladies. I started day 1 + 2 on SS+, yesterday I went to SS. I'm thinking maybe a nice piece of boiled chicken or something might sort me out!! I want toast so bad...........!!! :eek:

12. Trash

Trash Still fighting

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Aww hun I feel for ya! I was like that on Day 2 craving cheese on toast big time! Wierd! But since then I've been ill (bad ear infection) and lost appetite, been sick also my CDC told me to go onto SS+ til my antibiotics start to work and funny thing is started that yest eve and woke up this morn - Ok still got ear pains etc but I'm def not hungry at all! I'm on Day 4 so I reckon ketosis has kicked in!

Stick with it - if need be have a bit of chick later or tuna in springwater - this should not effect ur ketosis either way :p

Keep on keeping on x

13. turquoise

turquoise Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Scooterchick,

Have you seen the sticky about foodpack recipes.
    Maybe a foodpack muffin or crisps will save the day.
    As long as you have a microwave you can create something solid to get your teeth into.

If you do like the look of any of them, do remember to take a little extra water - all explained in the stickies.

Stay strong !

You must be on the verge of ketosis and then the physical hunger drops right off. I promise you.

14. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Hi guys, the official line from Cambridge is that the foodpacks should be made into shakes ONLY - no cooking, making muffins, crisps etc, as this destroys the nutrients - sorry!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.