Where are you ketosis?

scooterchick

She's me in a few months
Ok, I'm starting day 4 and I feel like carp. I feel sicky, I can't stomach the thought of a cambridge product, even my favourite chocolate tetra makes me want to heave. When I as putting DS's coco pops out, ooh I coiuld have shoved a spoonful into my mouth. I want toast, or a pancake, or something!!!!!!!!!!! Should I not be in ketosis by now? What can I do? :cry:

awwwhhh -hugs- the first few days ARE always the worst...but it will hit you before you know it...just think you get weighed in 3 days :D and youll have lost lots and lots :D

:hug99:Keep strong and keep going. Im on Day 3 and in Keto, I know because I tested, but it doesn't stop me craving the kids buttery crumpets this morning and nearly licking the left overs. :eek: I think alot is head hungar and my head is def hungry. Keep going because by tomorrow you may well be in ketosis and things might get alot easier :D

Head hunger is the worst kind to ignore. You'll get into ketosis soon enough and you won't be physically hungry but the head hunger is something we all have to work on.

I feel awful, I feel sich, I keep burping and thinking I'm going to be sick, I've got heartburn and no energy. I remember feeling liek this the last time and having some toast and egg which made me feel much better. I don't know what to do, I'm in danger of caving! Maybe SS isn't for me, maybe I should look at the other options.

Am I allowed a salmon steak?

Hi Scooterchick,

I'm on day 4 too and am in ketosis, but I went thro exactly what you're describing just before the stick turned pink.

I rang my CDC for help cos I was feeling so bad and she told me that the carb craving (mine was pasta) was my body's reaction to using up the last available energy before it starts to burn the stored fat and ketosis kicks in. I don't know how true it is, or if she was just talking me thro the wobble, but either way it was true for me.

Hang in there hun, you've got to day 4 so the worst is almost over

V x

Thanks ladies. I started day 1 + 2 on SS+, yesterday I went to SS. I'm thinking maybe a nice piece of boiled chicken or something might sort me out!! I want toast so bad...........!!! :eek:

Aww hun I feel for ya! I was like that on Day 2 craving cheese on toast big time! Wierd! But since then I've been ill (bad ear infection) and lost appetite, been sick also my CDC told me to go onto SS+ til my antibiotics start to work and funny thing is started that yest eve and woke up this morn - Ok still got ear pains etc but I'm def not hungry at all! I'm on Day 4 so I reckon ketosis has kicked in!

Stick with it - if need be have a bit of chick later or tuna in springwater - this should not effect ur ketosis either way :p

Keep on keeping on x

Hi Scooterchick,

Have you seen the sticky about foodpack recipes.
Maybe a foodpack muffin or crisps will save the day.
As long as you have a microwave you can create something solid to get your teeth into.

If you do like the look of any of them, do remember to take a little extra water - all explained in the stickies.

Stay strong !

You must be on the verge of ketosis and then the physical hunger drops right off. I promise you.

Hi guys, the official line from Cambridge is that the foodpacks should be made into shakes ONLY - no cooking, making muffins, crisps etc, as this destroys the nutrients - sorry!

Back