Which brings me to my next question

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by enlightenme2, 25 September 2010 Social URL.

1. enlightenme2

enlightenme2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    273lb
    Current Weight:
    241.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    175lb
    Lost(%):
    31.5lb(11.54%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    It's funny Lizz just posted about her low weightloss but size reducing. This morning I decided that I should hop on the scale to see how much I'd lost considering I'd done so well with the "no more picking" rule I have recently in stored. Well lo and behold, I had a STS, which, as predicted brought me down real low. This weekend I'm putting away my summer clothes to make room for the winter ones, so I decided I'd try on clothes i'd put away in April when I weighed a stone less... and they fit :eek::eek:

It got me thinking, which would I prefer, weighing less, or being at my ideal size? and frankly, I'm very divided, I don't have an answer.

How about you guys? Would you rather weigh less (it's just a number some say) or be in your ideal size (isn't it just a number too) ??:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PhoenixsHonour

PhoenixsHonour Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I suppose ultimately being at a size 12 would make me much happier than a BMI of 22. Weight doesn't taking into account body composition, which is the true measure of health, so...yeah. Loosing inches is great. ...for now though, I just want to lose pounds until I get anywhere near my goal, because I'm not going to be a 290 pound size 12 am I? :)

Good look, and you never know why the scales haven't moved yet. Keep your head up and don't pick and you'll be awesome.

4. lass321

lass321 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - at home
    I think I agree - weight is a really handy measure to see how you're doing - but it is not the only one. Inches probably relate more to health and well being but I think for me take longer to show a reduction. So I think that until I am happy with what I see in the mirror I'll use the scales - and after that I'll judge by the mirror and the fit of my clothes.

5. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think that fitting into my ideal size is more important to me than what I weigh at that size, however most diets focus on the pounds and doctors focus on bmi therefore reinforcing the scales in our lives so we are programmed to respond to the scales rather then the measuring tape.

Personally I want to be in the healthy weight range, so I need to keep track of the scales to get there, but ultimately I want to be a size 10 so when I bmi 25 I'll be still dieting in one form or another till I am comfortable in a size 10

6. 16to10

16to10 Now Maintaining :)

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(30.25%)
    Diet:
    Was on Cambridge Diet
    Both, but if I had to choose one, I'd rather be at my ideal weight.

7. Small_Jaxy

Small_Jaxy Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I personally would rather my ideal size because weight can relate to fat and muscle and probably so many other factors and i think if your a healthy size and u feel good and are generally healthy then thats the most important thing

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.