Which brings me to my next question

enlightenme2

Life is brass right now
It's funny Lizz just posted about her low weightloss but size reducing. This morning I decided that I should hop on the scale to see how much I'd lost considering I'd done so well with the "no more picking" rule I have recently in stored. Well lo and behold, I had a STS, which, as predicted brought me down real low. This weekend I'm putting away my summer clothes to make room for the winter ones, so I decided I'd try on clothes i'd put away in April when I weighed a stone less... and they fit :eek::eek:

It got me thinking, which would I prefer, weighing less, or being at my ideal size? and frankly, I'm very divided, I don't have an answer.

How about you guys? Would you rather weigh less (it's just a number some say) or be in your ideal size (isn't it just a number too) ??:confused:

I suppose ultimately being at a size 12 would make me much happier than a BMI of 22. Weight doesn't taking into account body composition, which is the true measure of health, so...yeah. Loosing inches is great. ...for now though, I just want to lose pounds until I get anywhere near my goal, because I'm not going to be a 290 pound size 12 am I? :)

Good look, and you never know why the scales haven't moved yet. Keep your head up and don't pick and you'll be awesome.

I think I agree - weight is a really handy measure to see how you're doing - but it is not the only one. Inches probably relate more to health and well being but I think for me take longer to show a reduction. So I think that until I am happy with what I see in the mirror I'll use the scales - and after that I'll judge by the mirror and the fit of my clothes.

I think that fitting into my ideal size is more important to me than what I weigh at that size, however most diets focus on the pounds and doctors focus on bmi therefore reinforcing the scales in our lives so we are programmed to respond to the scales rather then the measuring tape.

Personally I want to be in the healthy weight range, so I need to keep track of the scales to get there, but ultimately I want to be a size 10 so when I bmi 25 I'll be still dieting in one form or another till I am comfortable in a size 10

Both, but if I had to choose one, I'd rather be at my ideal weight.

I personally would rather my ideal size because weight can relate to fat and muscle and probably so many other factors and i think if your a healthy size and u feel good and are generally healthy then thats the most important thing

Back