which is more reliable in checking your weight: manual or digital scales?

I've been on CD for about a month now. So far, so good. My counsellor weighs me using manual scale. My recent weight in the scale was about 9 stone 8 lbs. However, I'm also tracking my weight using our digital scale at home and according to it I'm 9 stone 12 lbs.

Which is more accurate: manual or digital?

Difficult one. Digital scales should be very accurate, as long as the batteries are working well. BUT manual scales are good too, as long as they have been calibrated correctly.

It may well simply be the difference between two sets of scales and different times of day. You should really try to weigh on one set of scales only so as not to get confused!

That didn't help did it!! :rolleyes:

I don't think there is an answer to that one I'm afraid as different makes may vary in quality and different models by the same maker may vary too.

My advice to you would be to concentrate on your losses rather than your weight and to decide what your goal is when you get there. This way you be looking at and thinking about what suits you rather than imposing an artificial limit set by numbers and not relating to your body. :)

Last edited:
I've had unrealiable digital and manual scales. I could put on 5lbs in a couple of seconds on both. Got better ones now, but it took some searching for.

I think as long as you only record from one set of scales then it shouldn't make much difference.

Hopefully you'll be at goal when you feel right, not what the scales dictate :)

have you tried weighing something on your scales that you know the exact weight of? doing that would show you which set of scales is right

Back