WhitePigeon's Food Diary

Hello just thought I would pop in and say hi, are you doing extra easy? I am also a student nurse what year are you in?

Babybelle :)

Baby-belle said:
Hello just thought I would pop in and say hi, are you doing extra easy? I am also a student nurse what year are you in?

Babybelle :)

Hiya, yeah I'm doing EE at the moment, how about you? I'm in 2nd year, half way through now! How about you?x :)

B: 2 x wholemeal bread with baked beans on top (HexB) and a banana.

L: :-/ At the boyfriend's, had a delicious lunch at a lovely local restaurant, had pea & ham soup which was far too creamy to be syn free and then chicken and chorizo salad. It was gorgeous food but v naughty. (? Syns... Atleast 30?)

T: Homemade king prawn, tomato and spinach sauce with pasta. Half a punnet of cherries and a muller light.

Hex A used in a cup of tea and a small skinny cappuccino from Starbucks.

Total syns: 30ish?

Although lunch was naughty, I've tried to be good for the rest of the day. On a night shift tomorrow evening so will probably eat less syns on Monday?! Haha that's my logic anyway.

I'm also pleased that just because a large number of syns have been consumed today, I didn't decide not to write down on here what I've eaten which is my usual trick. Heh.

I'm also in my second year I go back in august my next placement is a and e I'm so nervous!!! I still feel like o don't know anything lol, how are you finding it?

I love it but also feel like I don't know half what I should! Ooh lucky you! A&E should be amazing, I was in theatres for my last placement and loved it. :-D

That's cool I've had my induction there and I enjoyed it but I would miss the patients! My last placement was community I loved that I learnt loads about wounds but where we finished in June I can't remember a lot that's the problem! I am excited but so scared where are you from?

Gloucester, you? I've found there to be a far greater workload in 2nd year, we've had exams & an essay recently! Revising whilst on placement wasn't exactly fun haha. It's nice to meet a fellow student nurse on the forums. :)

I know I have found that to me bad essays placement and exam all at the same time and the content for the exam was high!! But managed to pass everything phew! I'm from Portsmouth I'm with Southampton university but based in Portsmouth which is handy! It is hard to diet when doing shift work! It's just planning and time really. I'm glad u feel the same like you don't know as much as you should, I think it is because we work then we are off then we work, you tend to remember things that you are practicing

On a night shift hence the late evening catch up of today's food! On my break already which means tonight is going to drag really badly. I came prepared with knitting (old before my time, seriously!) and a book but updating this seems far more interesting. ;-)

B: 200g of tinned tomatoes and 200g of baked beans on 3 pieces of wholemeal toast and a banana. (HexB + 3 syns for extra piece of bread, it is a Sunday afterall. Or it was.)

Late lunch: ASDA Extra Special rump steak burger (5 syns) with spinach, celery and cucumber salad.

Tea: Roast lamb with roast potatoes cooked in frylight, baked cherry tomatoes, steamed broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. 3 x Yorkshire pudding (6 syns)...

Night shift munchings: Already had a banana and a mullerlight. In my bag remains a Curly Wurly, 2 x Alpen bars and an apple. Suprisingly don't think the apple will be the first to go hehe.

Not sure whether to count any syns from the night shift as tomorrows allowance as technically I would be asleep in a normal situation? Thoughts please. :-D

Off to carry on my break now by reading a crappy magazine and will continue to fight the urge to shut my eyes and go to sleep!

B after night shift: 2 Tesco healthy living sausages (2), wholemeal bread x 2 (HexB), baked beans, mushrooms, tea with 1 sugar (1)

After sleep...

4pm Sn: Sausage (1) apple, mullerlight

7pm: Alpen bar (3)

T: Sirloin steak, baby roasted potatoes, mangetout, spinach and oven baked cherry tomatoes with 1 tbsp mayonnaise. (2)

Mullerlight & Cadbury mini fingers toffee crunch (5)

Total syns: 14
HexA used in tea this morning.

Drinks throughout the day: Diet coke, water, NAS squash, tea and green tea.

Not a bad day, can't wait for a good night's sleep now though.

Yesterday's food diary:

(Green day!)

B: 2 weetabix with milk (HexA &HexB) 1 tsp of honey (1) and blueberries.

Sn: An apple and a bag of Quavers (4 syns)

L: Jacket potato, beans and cheese (HexA) with salad and 1 tbsp mayonnaise. (2 syns)

T: Chicken (HexB) spinach n sweet potato curry with basmati rice (1 syn for yogurt in it)

Sn at cinema: toffee crunch chocolate fingers (5 syns)

20/7/11

B 2 x weetabix with milk, 1 tsp honey (1) (HexA&HexB)

Sn: Quavers (4), apple n mullerlight

L: Chicken spinach and sweet potato curry with basmati rice. Alpen bar. (3)

T: Griddled chicken breast with baked new potatoes and roasted peppers & mushrooms. Handful of spinach too!

Sn: Full fat sausage after WI and aquafit... (Obviously contains syns but not sure how many and am going to be 100% this week so that overrides it, right? ;-) )

21/07/11

First thing: Alpen bar (3)

Brunch: 3 x bacon (fat removed), baked beans, tinned tomatoes, Sw chips and 3 low fat sausages (3)

Just before work at 3pm: Leftover chicken, spinach and sweet potato curry with 1/2 packet long grain and wild rice. (0.5)

Break at work: Quavers (4), mullerlight, apple and a big bowl of melon and grapes.

After work: A slice of pizza. (Haven't had my HexA or HexB though. Crap excuse!)

Oh dear. Mullerlight and a mini bag of toffee crunch mini fingers. (5.5)

15.5 + a slice of chicken and bacon ASDA pizza. Ideas on syns please. :-/ I keep letting myself down with stupid treats last thing at night.

If last thing at night is a danger area why not keep low Syn treats handy or save some Syns at the more conscious eating times?

Thanks Taz, had a bad day yesterday (emotionally, rather than foodie to be honest.) Today has been a lot better so will post today's eatings later on.

Went to Aquafit on Friday, was really fun so atleast that's a bit of body magic. I'm off to a Zumba class tomorrow but am a bit a nervous that I'll look terribly unfit! :-( hah just going to have to be brave and see how it goes, I'm looking forward to it though too.

B: Mullerlight & an Alpen bar (1/2 HexB)

L: Baked potato with baked beans and a sprinkle of grated cheese (HexA) with mixed leaves and beetroot. For pudding, an Alpen bar. (1/2 HexB)

Sn: A bowl of melon, watermelon, grapes and strawberries and a cold sausage. (6 syns)

T: Homemade beef curry with spiced cumin and turmeric potatoes (from Aug 2011 SW magazine) with spinach and rice. Like an Indian buffet! :-D (3 syns for oil as Mum cooked...) Followed by a bowl of nectarines and cherries covered with a vanilla Mullerlight.

Before bed: Toffee crunch mini fingers (5 syns)

Total syns: 14

24/7/11 - ExtraEasy day - I've eaten absolutely loads today but it's all been SW-plan based and I'm within my syns so... :)

B: 3 healthy living sausages (3 syns) with half a tin of baked beans and half a tin of tomatoes. Plus two slices of wholemeal toast (HexB). A cup of tea with milk & 1 tsp sugar (1 syn)

Pre-zumba snack: An apple!

Post zumba snack: A cold sausage. (1 syn)

L: Chicken tikka pieces with gem lettuce and a chopped yellow pepper. A few mouthfuls of spiced potatoes with spinach (from current SW magazine.) Bowl of cherries and blueberries & a vanilla Mullerlight.

Cup of tea (milk from HexA) & 1 syn for sugar.

T: Roast chicken, baked new potatoes, baked carrots and cauliflower. Peas with lettuce & bacon and griddled courgettes. 2 Yorkshire puddings. (4 syns)

Mullerlight and toffee crunch mini fingers. (5 syns)

Total syns: 15
HexA: Milk in tea
HexB: 2 x wholemeal toast

If I'm *still* hungry later then will have some more blueberries, haha.

25/7/11 - Extra Easy

B: Bacon x 3 (fat removed) on top of 2 x wholemeal toast (HexB) with 2 halved griddled tomatoes.

Cup of tea with one sugar (1), 1 tsp ketchup (0.5) and a scrape of butter. (2)

L: Homemade chicken, pepper, spinach and sweet potato curry.

Sn: Apple, Costa light (4) and Alpen bar (3)

T: Oven baked cod with jacket potato, griddled courgettes, lettuce, cucumber and carrot. 1 tbsp mayonnaise (2).

Big bowl of melon & grapes, topped with fat free natural yogurt and honey. (2)

Syns: 14.5 but lots of superfree foods.

My tea was lovely, nicked a few pieces of my brother's fresh sardines as they looked gorgeous too haha, never like to miss out! ?

Also had a good session at the gym earlier, having a day off from exercise tomorrow as doing body pump and aqua aerobics on Wednesday and don't want to wear my muscles out haha (crap excuse!)

Back