Who are we all?

Heyy everyone :)

I'm Linzi. I'm 21 (almost 22...ughh I'm getting old!), from Newcastle.

Currently living at home with the Parentals (unfortunately!) due to being made redundant 3 times last year!!! Yes, I am very unlucky haha!

I am now happily single since breaking up with my bf in September (this is a good thing!!!) and now living it up every weekend with my girlies partying hard!!

I am currently a Clerical Adminsitrative Assistant in a Principal's Office. Lovely people, very quiet job. Have an interview this Thurs though, to try and get back into Law as it miss it so! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Nice to meet everyone :) xx

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Nice to get to know more about everyone :)

I am Laura, 24 years old and living in Glasgow. Still trying to work out what to do with life lol. Went to uni got a law degree, decided it wasn't for me but still unsure what I want to be doing. Work in Greggs the bakers I hate it but it pays the bills.

Live with my lovely bf and our hamster Cookie! I like to spend my time sleeping (number 1 pasttime lol), at gigs, at the cinema, reading vampire books or on some sort of games console (used to be an xbox 360 kinda gal but just got a wii the other week and i am loving it!)

X

Great thread!

I'm Lou, I'm 26 and am Intelligence Officer in Police, which I double love!
I did a degree in Food Marketing in Sheffield and worked developing new products for Waitrose and M&S, however, after doing a 3 year degree and working in industry for 3 further years, I decided to made a radical move and join Police, honestly the best thing I've ever done.

I live on my own and have three demanding goldfish ( Tom, Dick and Harry). I've been with my boyfriend for just over 2 years, and love spending time with him when I'm not working (shift work is rubbbbbish)!! x

Hi guys!

I'm Fern (not that i need to share much, you guys know more about me than i do i think sometimes! LOL)

Im 18, drive a little clio and live in Chipping Sodbury (bristol but not really :D )

I live with my gorgeous Joe, we'v been together two and half years and have two dwarf hamsters named pickles and boofle, a sausage dog called boo - and gosh darn it, even if it kills me i will nag him till i go blue in the face, and will eventually have a rabbit or two, which i intend to call peanut!) Believe it or not, i'm not an animal person:p

Im a teaching assistant for children ages 0-5 years old and i LOVE my job. I'm also a qualified hairdresser & barber, which i adore doing, just hate the industry itself.

I am also lucky enough to have my beautiful wifey, Emz.. who is expecting her first baby in december, and i couldnt BE more excited if i tried LOL

Iv been at slimmingworld two years next month and it is the best thing i have ever done.. and not just cos' i met you guys ;)
xxx

haha loving the orginaility of the fishy names ;)

Great thread!

I'm Lou, I'm 26 and am Intelligence Officer in Police, which I double love!
I did a degree in Food Marketing in Sheffield and worked developing new products for Waitrose and M&S, however, after doing a 3 year degree and working in industry for 3 further years, I decided to made a radical move and join Police, honestly the best thing I've ever done.

I live on my own and have three demanding goldfish ( Tom, Dick and Harry). I've been with my boyfriend for just over 2 years, and love spending time with him when I'm not working (shift work is rubbbbbish)!! x

I'm Kelly, 37 (eekkk), married (hubby also joining me on SW).

I've in Portsmouth with my 2 girls (7yrs and 4yrs), two mental cats and 1 mad dog.

Full-Time mum at the moment, but looking at going to back to work shortly.

Celebrating my 10 year wedding anniversary this November, but been together 20 years (January just gone). Slimming World is my new found hobbie!

Hiya,

I am Sara, I am 29 and have been married for 9 months and live on the Wirral near Liverpool. Hubby and I have a 16 month old baby girl who we adore and I work full time as a Finance Officer in a Uni. Oh & I forgot to add we have 2 cats Bono & Hendrix!

Last edited:
Hi I'm Nicky 41 years live in Witham in Essex (Heard all the jokes!)

I am a single mum of 4 wonderful kids aged 13,16,18 and 21, who make me feel old but keep me young!

I work full time as a Health & Safety Manager for a Civil Engineering Company which I really enjoy.

I have lost a total of 8 stone and 5lbs over the last couple of years and am still going!!

I am Louise 31 , 32 on the 7th May :-( but feels about 16 lol
from Romford Essex no jokes ... No children YET .. no pets as I live in my flat :-(

I work up London and I am a Credit Manager near St Pauls Cathedral London and I have my weigh in up here on a wednesday morning.

Currently have a boyfriend of a few years ..

I train in Kung Fu 3 times a week been doing it four years now. Thats it I think for now :)

hi hon not sure if i have asked you this or not but where in romford do you come from, i used to live in gidea park where my parents still live

I'm Louise, I'm 32 and happily married with a 10 year old son. I live in Wigan.

I too work for the civil service as an AO processing benefit.

hi hon not sure if i have asked you this or not but where in romford do you come from, i used to live in gidea park where my parents still live

I live in Rush Green, where did u go to school? xx

I used to go to the pubs in Gidea Park as had friends there - The Ship and the one across from it.....!!!

Small world! x

I used to go to the pubs in Gidea Park as had friends there - The Ship and the one across from it.....!!!

Small world! x

The Archers is that the other one small door and you can bang your head as you go in lol

Hi I'm Leigh, I'm 27 and I'm currently working as an accountant in a printing firm. I'm leaving in August to take up a place at college on a Business Studies and Economics PGCE, so hopefully I'll nearly be a fully fledged teacher by this time next year!

I've been married to my high school sweetheart for the past 2 years (nearly), but no kids yet (not the right time lol). Do have 4 pet rats (Misty, Smokey, Badger and Mohawk) though, which are adorable!

I've been doing SW since the beginning of the year and I'm 12.5lbs down! I'm now lighter than I was on my wedding day!

Hi Am Angela, from Sheffield. I have a hubby of nearly 20years OMG, 2 son`s 15 and nearly 18 and a daughter 14. we have a dog named Bonnie, a cat named Rusty and 3 fluffy rabbits, Fuffy, Tanne, Jack.

I joined SW March99 and lost 8st 5 in 2years, then everything went pearshaped and am starting all over again.

I have 10stone to lose so would welcome all the support I an get. :)

Hi troops, I'm Heather (as suggested by the shiny rotating hearts in my siggy!) I'm a 33 year old female (lots of names are unisex but I haven't come across a male Heather yet!). I live in the Gower Peninsula half an hour from Swansea (the jutting out bit of coastline below the Pembrokeshire jutting out bit). I am blessed to be living with my hubbie of 9 years (whoooo!) and living in a rural village (Llanmadoc) with so much going on I haven't got time to go to work!! Unfortunately though I have to- I'm a staff nurse on a cardiac intensive care unit, looking after poorly people immediately after their open heart surgery- bypass grafts, valve replacements, things like that- oh and we also look after people after lung surgery. As if that's not enough, my dh and I have 2 cottages (well a cottage and an apartment) in our village in Gower that we let for holidays!! If any of you would like/or know anyone who would like a holiday, our websites are www.cottages-gower.co.uk and www.cottageingower.co.uk Give us a shout! (Sneaky bit of advertising there!!) I don't have any kiddywinkles or pets. I started my SW journey on October 26th with a view to losing 5 stone and I'm just over half way there so pleased as punch!X

Last edited:
Hi, my name is also Laura and from Glasgow!

I'm still 29 (30 in September)

Finally got married in Oct 2009 after putting it off several times due to buying a house as we have a 3yr old terror (daughter as in avatar! lol)

My 3rd time at Slimming World, had gone from 17st 10 to 15st 5, 6 weeks b4 the wedding and put it all back on due to my dad being a tit!

Don't work, government won't let me! But hubby makes up for it, works for social work in renfrewshire has done 87 hrs so far this week with 2 days off!

Back