Who has done both the old and new plan?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Brightonrosie, 5 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ok really really bored with SW food after two years. How does the new plan compare with discovery plan other than free fruit. What are the pros and cons
    thank you x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. x.squiggy.x

x.squiggy.x Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i have done both plans but i definatley prefer the new pro points...i feel like i have made better choices regarding which foods to eat and i find it so more flexible. having tried SW as well i find that you can eat such a different varity of foods that i dont get bored where as with SW i was eating the same things over again! good luck with whatever you choose x x

4. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have done both WW plans and SW and I am loving the new propoints plan. I am currently in my third week and to me it is the best of both worlds - the healthy eating emphasis of SW with the flexibility of old WW.

I especially love the weekly points allowance. I keep forgetting I have it and am just resigning myself to not having *that* treat because I don't have enough daily points left, and then I remember that I have some more :D

5. deadteddys

deadteddys Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.8lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Ive done both Discover and the new Pro Points and I prefer the new Pro points plan much much more!

6. who_la_hoop

who_la_hoop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(36.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I did the pp plan for a couple of weeks before Christmas and couldn't get on with it, although I had a good loss. Apart from the free fruit and the weekly allowance, it just seemed the same as the discovery plan except with a more time-consuming way of calculating points. I'm sure the new points system encourages you to make wiser choices in the end, but I decided entering 4 details to work out the points for every single food I ate wasn't for me. It's a good diet if you don't mind spending the extra time pointing though, I think!

7. xnickyfitchx

xnickyfitchx ♥ Bride - to - be ♥

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    I like the way that they now work out the exercise points ... the more weight you have to loose, the easier it is to gain exercise points and then as you loose weight, you have to work harder to try and earn similar amounts of points. That is the case for me anyways and I like it :)

8. MTMonster

MTMonster Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I've followed both plans and definitely prefer pro points. I find it much easier with the 49 weeklies if going out 4 dinner etc. X

9. yummymummy75

yummymummy75 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(15.43%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    weight watchers pro points
    i've done both went from discovery to pp i love it,,love that i can now have cheese after not having it for 6 months oN discover:D,,but the losses,,oh god,,i'm a very slow loser anyway but by god this is taking it's toll on me:(but i'll keep fighting till i get to goal,,it seems easier to maintain also when you reach goal

10. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I've been very successful with discover and am loving propoints now. I have lost in just a few weeks the weight I had put on at Christmas, I only have a couple of lbs to lose now to be back where I was. I feel fuller for much longer and not hungry especially when I go to bed, I know I can have an apple and be all right :). It helps that I absolutely love and adore apples and fruit in general!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.