Who's still juddding???

Don't worry Hoe about the two week liquid, they only say that so you make sure you keep within cals, but you don't have to do it. As long as you count your cals you'll be fine with food, I've used food from the start. I'm like you, like something to eat lol! Also I love my diet coke on a dd, tho try to stick to just one can, maybe two sometimes.

Great going, keep it up!!

Thanks Aaleigha & Stirky. Yes he says in the book that one of the keys may be to have a few well liked foods and use them a lot rather than have too many choices. Just having my long awaited shortbread biccy with coffee on my UD - is it my imagination or does food just taste so much better after a DD? LOL! My (stick thin) friend who introduced me to this diet has been maintaining this way for years and looks and feels great. I am used to reading clinical papers with my work and have researched the evidence for this diet and it is sound and extremely exciting - surprised it has not received more publicity in the UK. Have a great Sunday ladies xx PS Do wish I liked fruit teas, just can't stomach them. Would rather have a Bovril!

Yes my dds don't seem to differ an awful lot, stick with the same foods on them and I'm quite happy with that :)

Has anyone tried the Resveratrol that Johnson is now promoting on his website? It sounds like it might be useful but I am not sure that I trust many internet suppliers of such things and long term studies at high doses have not yet been done.

I wouldn't buy any off the internet but was thinking about having a look in the health food shop to see if they do it.

Just googled it, yes it is available in health food shops here. Holland and Barrett stock it and so would others I should imagine.

Yes I had noticed them in H&B. Think I will give the diet a go on it's own merits first.

Why is it that DD seems 'safer' than UDs?! Still trying to get into that mentality of not depriving myself on UDs without going OTT. Sundays are defintely my worst day but it's just the start of my JUDDD journey. Still today being a DD seems much easier - you know where you are with a DD, lol! And what a revelation to discover the hunger comes and goes but is rarely overwhelming and that these DDs don't render me incapable of functioning or leave me in a hypoglycaemic haze. It is such a joy to wake up after a DD feeling no more hungry than a normal day - what a turn up for the books that is! So onward and upward (or rather downward on the scales hopefully!) and thanks for all the interesting posts. Love reading all the many threads on here. Great site and great support.

I don't exercise....
If God had meant me to bend over he'd have paved the streets with chocolate!
hehe great quote.
I feel DDs are easier too, I think alot of us do....strange but good.

Yes it is strange how we all find the dds to be the easiest, very odd and really didn't think it'd be that way round!!! Sometimes I sort of dread my up days and often don't know what to eat lol!

I find dd easier as well
I think I need to plan my up days - maybe not until the morning of the day - but still have a plan in mind
I do think it important to eat healthily on those up days
today I have an up day and I have planned it - up till now I have only planned the dds - not counted calories but meals and snacks are planned

Resolve faltering and had a bit of a rough day yesterday (an UD) and eat far too much yet the scales mercifully gave me a break and put not one ounce on me so I feel lucky and relieved. Finding it hard to keep steadfast today so have turned to the forum for support and inspiration. DD today and have had milk for drinks 100 cals, prawns 70 cals, shortbread biccy 75 cals and 6 matchmakers 120 cals!!! What a waste of cals on that chocolate but I needed it. Resolve wherefore art thou?! Looks like it's Bovril and fried snowballs for tea!

I find dd much easier if I put off eating until I need it
I have some low cal things I keep with me
those chuppa chop sugar free lollies are 25 cals and I have found a 10 cal soup in morrisons

then I can have a reasonable sized dinner

but some like to spread the calories through the day

as for your UD's being difficult - I think we have all found it easy to over eat - but hopefully I hope we will soon find our eating easier - its only because we can that we do :):)

Thanks, yes I agree. It really does help that we only have to think about putting off eating lovely things 'until tomorrow.' And then when tomorrow arrives we don't want to spoil all the good work of the DD lol!

But I think it is important to have some nice things on the UDs so as to not feel deprived. Just a matter of getting in the swing of things and viewing this as a lifestyle not short term. And dietling (albeit strictly) every other day is so much better than dieting EVERY single day. This way I think we stand a chance of making our peace with food - don't know if that's how it is for you folks but it feels that way for me.

Thanks for the DD suggestions. Oh and sugar free jelly - strawberry, yummy... just off to make some!

Last edited:
Yes I love sugar free jelly, tho haven't had any for a while, I go through phases me lol!

I know exactly what you mean about this plan (I don't like calling it a diet) Hoe it is a lifestyle change and one we can all hopefully stick to long term. We're all doing great with it :D

Post 20... maybe now I can have an avatar!!!!!!

Or at least I would if I could work out which bit of the code it needs inserting into the custom avatar page. I have my avatar (from the ticker site) and have the code but it keeps saying invalid file. Any ideas please?

Last edited:
Yes I think it's 50 posts to get the privileges. Keep posting hun, you could always do some of the word games on the 'Chit Chat' forum x

I checked last night. It's 20 to get an avatar and 50 to get privlieges like email, more signature space etc. I have the part appearing now which lets me set an avatar just can't get the thing loaded.:sigh:

Hmmm, I see. Is there two different codes to copy for your avatar? If so make sure you are using the one for forums and not e-mails etc. Sorry if I'm not much use, can do it if the pages are there in front of me, just thinking about it when not actually looking at it lol!

Back