why am I so different and putting weight on

Atkins is great - hey what about ditching the milk and trying watered down cream or soya milk? After nine months I hate milk now, will only fo soya, try it, you'll like it :)

I live off mayo too - but you can go real low carb on that too, if you spend money - Sussex Farms is 0.2carbs.

Sue check out the Low Carb Shopping sticky - lots of sausage suggestions, I do Debbie and Andrew garden herb ones, 0.2 carbs each - result!

yes I been on the watered down cream but the it has been suggested to ditch it for a while.
I am going to wean myself off completely. but I love my morning tea. Would rather give up booze (not drinking alcohol for a week since back off hols)

Dont call yourself a freak - much of this is about guess work and working out what works for you!! Stick with it once you understand what it is thats stalling you, there is only one outcome - losses!!

Hey Suepass, what a shame. We started the same time and I can only second what the others have already said. My weight loss is not as incredible as some of the others on this forum as I am a 'resister' too. My body seems to love holding onto every darn kilo of fat it has on it and I very nearly gave up too.

What I found out through trial & error:

I HAVE TO have cooked veggies, salad doesn't cut it for me
I have to drink exactly 2 litres of water or I don't lose
I can't eat after 7.30 ish in the evening and even then dinner can't involve too much meat
Eggs in all forms are a life saver
Sausages are not good. Even if they are 89% meat, what's the other 11%?
MIMs are not good

The totm plays havoc with our bodies in different ways and we all hold on to water because of it for varying amounts of time. I am sure that the gain this week is due to that joy. You also don't have as much weight to drop as some of the others on this forum so I think progress will be slower for you.

Read the book, post often and try not to get too down. It will work when you find out what the triggers are for you!

It's difficult to say what causes us to gain even when we have low carb. The only thing we can do is check ingredients to see if there are any stallers - for example:

Salami & cocktail sausages might contain dextrose, which is a sugar/glucose and can easily stall people.
Mayonnaise might contain sugar, depending on the brand (Go with Hellmans or Morrisons own brand)

Your menu seems fine but I would suggest checking brands and ingredients for hidden things which are known to stall people. After all, it's processed food!

Back