Why are Slimming World leaders fatter than WW ones?!

I posted a thread not too long ago asking what people thought of larger consultants. I'm about to open a group in January and, despite having lost just short of 10 stones already, am still around 2.5 stones away from target. I was concerned that new members may wonder why I was still large(ish) if the plan worked. Your post about people giggling at your consultant wearing her tshirt made me feel very sorry for her BUT I can kind of see where you're coming from if she's very large. My question is (and was) whats too large?

I have to go along with the general consensus here, I don't think minimins is the correct place to go for these kind of comments. What I love most about minimins is the huge level of support for everyone, no matter how much they need to lose. Reading the comments about people sniggering behind her back reminds me of how cruel people can be, not like the sanctuary of minimins.

Not just anyone can be a consultant, Slimming World have assessed this lady and have put her in that position because of her talents.

A post potentially criticising someone for being overweight is going to get strong reactions from people who have weight issues.
What I thinks bizarre is the fact that you say you are not team ww but have joined ww and you like this woman and she is good at her job but she is part of the reason why you have left group?

Oh no you get me wrong ,its nothing to do with her AT ALL,its the fact that I have a noisy 3 year old
who wont keep quiet! I cant afford SW online as its a big hit in one go ,hence weightwatchers online-it seemed to be the only answer.However he goes to nursery after Christmas ,so I am considering rejoining her class ,as she is so good and engaging.My post was purely observational from a health point of view,I was just clumsy with the wording-Sorry!
Sal

I have to go along with the general consensus here, I don't think minimins is the correct place to go for these kind of comments. What I love most about minimins is the huge level of support for everyone, no matter how much they need to lose. Reading the comments about people sniggering behind her back reminds me of how cruel people can be, not like the sanctuary of minimins.

Not just anyone can be a consultant, Slimming World have assessed this lady and have put her in that position because of her talents.

I totally agree (see my post above) but surely SW is encouraging us to lead healthy lifestyles which,once you get to a size 24 plus you cant be -can you? I,m here to be shot down (and have been!) if someone disagrees.Again i,m overweight
so who am I to say ,but its the promotion of such a lifestyle that I feel is important.Anyway Im going to sit down and shut up-if this were the 1500,s i,d be in the stocks by now! lol!
Sal x

I posted a thread not too long ago asking what people thought of larger consultants. I'm about to open a group in January and, despite having lost just short of 10 stones already, am still around 2.5 stones away from target. I was concerned that new members may wonder why I was still large(ish) if the plan worked. Your post about people giggling at your consultant wearing her tshirt made me feel very sorry for her BUT I can kind of see where you're coming from if she's very large. My question is (and was) whats too large?
Oh no hunny-this is exactly what I didnt mean to happen-people thinking that I was having a go at people such as yourself(or anyone on a personal level)-I have 2 stones to lose and would love to be a leader.RE my earlier post-there must come a time when like myself you have been going to class for months and everyone is losing EXCEPT the leader-we all go up and down,thats life. but up and up and up?Good luck by the way if you were 10 miles nearer id join your class!
Sal x

. . . . . Its right that they have to pay upfront for all of their shop stock. My poor consultant covered another group last week and hifi bars and recipe books were stolen :( it all has to come out of her pocket. I bet she doesn't take her shop next time she covers there

Oh no, that's awful to have all that stuff stolen! What a horrible thing to happen.

I have had a few consultants due to changes in meeting times and having to change my first 2 consultants were overweight but had already lost a whole heap of weight my new consultant is a skinny Minnie and has also lost quite a bit of weight and is also the youngest consultant I've had (she's about same age as me )they have all been good regardless of weight

cat yoyo greaves said:
I have had a few consultants due to changes in meeting times and having to change my first 2 consultants were overweight but had already lost a whole heap of weight my new consultant is a skinny Minnie and has also lost quite a bit of weight and is also the youngest consultant I've had (she's about same age as me )they have all been good regardless of weight

Oh and it doesn't bother me that they are overweight as long as they are good at their job you set your own happy weight at sw so that explains why the consultants are not always thin

Oh and it doesn't bother me that they are overweight as long as they are good at their job you set your own happy weight at sw so that explains why the consultants are not always thin
I agree-I would hate to have a skinny consultant and it is good that you can set your own target.My only point was that they should be at least TRYING to get there! Lol!
Sal x

Balby but I don,t admit it often ! Lol! Where are you hunny?
Sal x

Haha - well I've been all over, brought up in Balby and moved to Sprotbrough a few years ago when me and the boyfriend got a house together, but we've settled in Conisbrough now (I say all over but I suppose that's only 3 places and all the same side of Doncaster lol)

Haha - well I've been all over, brought up in Balby and moved to Sprotbrough a few years ago when me and the boyfriend got a house together, but we've settled in Conisbrough now (I say all over but I suppose that's only 3 places and all the same side of Doncaster lol)
I,ve only ever been through Conisbrough on the way to Meadowhell but the castle looks good! lol!

samsmum1 said:
Oh no hunny-this is exactly what I didnt mean to happen-people thinking that I was having a go at people such as yourself(or anyone on a personal level)-I have 2 stones to lose and would love to be a leader.RE my earlier post-there must come a time when like myself you have been going to class for months and everyone is losing EXCEPT the leader-we all go up and down,thats life. but up and up and up?Good luck by the way if you were 10 miles nearer id join your class!
Sal x

Oh bless you hon thanks :) keep me in mind if you're ever in the Barnsley area and want to visit a different group lol

I think it would be very judgmental to suggest any consultant is 'too fat' to do her job. You don't always know what road they've been on before they got to that size 24 or30...whatever. I've just joined with the thought I'm probably going to set target as a size 14 - which will still leave me 'obese' but I was happy at that size. end of!

Oh bless you hon thanks :) keep me in mind if you're ever in the Barnsley area and want to visit a different group lol

Do you run a group in barnsley? What time & day? I'm in barnsley & hoping to rejoin in January hopefully :D X

I,ve only ever been through Conisbrough on the way to Meadowhell but the castle looks good! lol!

I was the same, I still don't really know the area and I've been here one and a half years now. It's a little embarassing when people start talking to you about where this is and you have no idea lol. But I like it here, want to move once more in a 5 or so years but happy for now.

I was the same, I still don't really know the area and I've been here one and a half years now. It's a little embarassing when people start talking to you about where this is and you have no idea lol. But I like it here, want to move once more in a 5 or so years but happy for now.

Lol! At least you,re not as bad as my sister.She moved eleven times in three years.She says she might as well buy a caravan!
Sal x

I think it would be very judgmental to suggest any consultant is 'too fat' to do her job. You don't always know what road they've been on before they got to that size 24 or30...whatever. I've just joined with the thought I'm probably going to set target as a size 14 - which will still leave me 'obese' but I was happy at that size. end of!

I,m sorry but I would never say that someone is too fat to do her job AT All. As i,ve already said it doesn,t matter what size they are as long as they are making some effort to lose weight .I will still be a size 14 on top if or when I reach target so i,m not advocating skinny consultants just motivational ones whatever their size 'end of ' Lol
Sal x

Back