Why are Slimming World leaders fatter than WW ones?!

I know where you're coming from-you wouldn't go to a hairdresser that had greasy unkempt hair and you wouldn't go to a beautician that was unpreemed...at the end of the day they are there to sell a product,It shouldn't make any difference what they look like but unfortunately for some it does x

**punk*~*star** said:
Do you run a group in barnsley? What time & day? I'm in barnsley & hoping to rejoin in January hopefully :D X

From Wednesday 2nd January at kendray resource centre at 7.30. You would be very very welcome :)

I know where you're coming from-you wouldn't go to a hairdresser that had greasy unkempt hair and you wouldn't go to a beautician that was unpreemed...at the end of the day they are there to sell a product,It shouldn't make any difference what they look like but unfortunately for some it does x

Exactly! Thanks for that!
Sal x

I think all the people criticising Samsmum for her post sound more judgemental and harsh! We should be free to express our opinions here.
Samsmum, don't worry, we've all had nasty replies to things we've said which have been taken the wrong way.
One thing I can say in the overweight consultant's favour is that she will have more empathy to your struggles. I'm an English teacher by trade byt now do learning support and actually find I'm better at explaining maths to kids who aren't getting it as I didn't get it whereas as English was always so easy to me I don't have empathy when they struggle so maybe that's what the consultant is like!

Been following this thread with interest.

Not sure if I agree with what OP says or not, however I think it was emmamb (sorry if not!) that make a really useful point about not going to a hairdresser with messy hair, or an unkempt beautician for example, that point is what I agree with.

My consultant isn't a tiny size 6, but she isn't huge either, but to be honest I don't think it's ever occurred to me whether or not she's any good at her job because of her size?

One thing I do think was offside was the terminology used in the thread title - the word 'fatter' was used, instead of larger, bigger, plumper etc. Now maybe its just my perception, or written text, but I do think that that's what made the thread appear to have malicious undertones and a nasty tone to me.

Consultants should be living proof that SW works.
doesnt matter what size they are but when you join if they say I've lost ....... amount doing SW or I've gone from a size .... To a size .... Then it doesn't matter whether they are a size 6 or size 20 something.
As long as they are showing that the plan works and they have lost weight that's what matters.

the fact should be that they have lost with SW as they say "practice what you preach" x

Mrs S I think you've hit the nail on the head, SamsMum1 used loaded language & I think the wrong message came across.

Sorry that I didn't read your original post as you meant it SamsMum1!

It is perfectly possible to be 'overweight' or 'obese' and still be healthy. As many have said, perhaps this larger consultant set a target which she knew was healthy for her, even if that target was still heavy enough to provoke the distaste from others that is so apparent here.

Been following this thread with interest.

Not sure if I agree with what OP says or not, however I think it was emmamb (sorry if not!) that make a really useful point about not going to a hairdresser with messy hair, or an unkempt beautician for example, that point is what I agree with.

My consultant isn't a tiny size 6, but she isn't huge either, but to be honest I don't think it's ever occurred to me whether or not she's any good at her job because of her size?

One thing I do think was offside was the terminology used in the thread title - the word 'fatter' was used, instead of larger, bigger, plumper etc. Now maybe its just my perception, or written text, but I do think that that's what made the thread appear to have malicious undertones and a nasty tone to me.

Thank you! When I read the title afterwards i admit it sounds harsh-if ,like you say I had used the term''larger' maybe I wouldn,t be getting the backlash-it certainly wasn,t intended maliciously in any way.I certainly prefer to have an average sized consultant because of the empathy factor (and because i,ve never been skinny!) but it doesn,t influence my decision to join a class or her ability to do the job.Otherwise I wouldnt be returning when my little ones in nursery!
Thanks for your positive comments ,
Sal x

I wonder if ww c's are kept on track by the need to be within a weight range or whether many of them end up not being able to continue?
I,ve often wondered that to be honest.Although the leader I had has been doing it for years I suppose there are some who find the pressure has the opposite effect.
Sal x

It is perfectly possible to be 'overweight' or 'obese' and still be healthy. As many have said, perhaps this larger consultant set a target which she knew was healthy for her, even if that target was still heavy enough to provoke the distaste from others that is so apparent here.
I absolutely agree,but,at the risk of repeating myself,a consultant who appears to have gained 2-3 stone in the last couple of years with no ATTEMPT to stick to the plan is not a particularly good advert for SW.Like I said no offence and it wont affect my ability (or anyone elses I hope) to follow the plan, its just my opinion.
Thanks
Sal x

Mrs S I think you've hit the nail on the head, SamsMum1 used loaded language & I think the wrong message came across.

Sorry that I didn't read your original post as you meant it SamsMum1!
Thats ok hun-you wouldn,t think i,d got a degree with my ham-fisted terminology would you? lol!

Back to the original point ;), I must say my experience is the other way around. Any leader in ww i saw was overweight whereas in sw almost every leader I have seen has been slim. so go figure...

samsmum1 said:
I agree-I would hate to have a skinny consultant and it is good that you can set your own target.My only point was that they should be at least TRYING to get there! Lol!
Sal x

My current consultant is skinny Ashleigh is awesome and makes us giggle every week and is full of good info

I've ever seen a SW consultant who isn't slim! My consultant broke both her wrists in a fall & had help from 5 other consultants from our area one week - every single one at target!

Back