Total Solution Will I be able to do this?!

Might try some strawberry muffins :)

Have been creative today and resisted all temptation too! made a large steak and kidney pudding for the husband from scratch and made my son Mexican chicken with a tortilla chip and cheese top - and not even had a taste!

instead I am sampling the delights of Exante carbonara - oh the joys! Lol

Might try some strawberry muffins :) Have been creative today and resisted all temptation too! made a large steak and kidney pudding for the husband from scratch and made my son Mexican chicken with a tortilla chip and cheese top - and not even had a taste! instead I am sampling the delights of Exante carbonara - oh the joys! Lol

Ooo the mexican chicken sounds delish!!!

Well done for resisting :)

Ooh steak pudding heaven! When I've hit goal I'm coming to yours for tea yummmmmm. xx

Well done Sarah

Sounds like ur doing well. Glad muffins were ok! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Thank you all :)

You can all come to mine for tea, I am currently finding cooking for others quite therapeutic -although not tasting as i go is bugging me a bit :-/

The Mexican chicken is actually not that unhealthy (my son needs to lose a few lbs too!), its mostly chicken and veg and as its chicken breast its good :). If anyone wants the recipe just shout - its also very quick :)

Have kept off the scales still although its bugging me a bit. Actually a lot lol. I know weight loss slows in your second week but surely not as dramatically as it seemed to have done when i last weighed!? time will tell i suppose!

Thank you Darcy :) I will and will report duly on Monday morning lol

Looking forward to seeing your numbers drop :) Get thinking of some mini goals and put them in your sig so that you can cross them off xx

You're already a stone down ;)
Anything else is fantastic :D

I would love the recipe if its simple.
Im not much of a cook but that sounded lovely.
I dont do fussy foods or ones that have a pinch of this and a dash of that so if its quick and easy, bonus :)

Well done Sarah. I don't think I could do all that cooking & not sneak a taste.

Weigh in day will soon be here so put it out of your mind till then. ;) x

Well done on all that resisting, You're doing fab! xx

I would love the recipe if its simple.
Im not much of a cook but that sounded lovely.
I dont do fussy foods or ones that have a pinch of this and a dash of that so if its quick and easy, bonus :)

MissMac its as simple as simple gets.

You can use raw chicken and cook it yourself but for speed I use frozen cooked chicken breast pieces -just let them defrost for half an hour. I line the bottom of an oven proof dish with them (my dish about 8 inches long by about 5 inches wide) I frylight a chunkily chopped onion and then add cumin, chilli and paprika to taste (I use smoked paprika just cause my son likes it). When fried off add half tin of red kidney beans and tin of chopped tomatoes, along with a decent squidge of tomato puree. Whilst this is cooking I put a small (drained) can of sweetcorn over the chicken.
When tomato mix has reduced a little (or the dish is too wet) I put it on top of the chicken, covering completely. Then get plain or salted nachos (or chilli if you are adventurous!) and stick them in the top (pointiest side in) before a sprinkling of low fat grated cheese (I use lowlow) and bang it in the oven at 180-200 for about 20-25mins. Only takes 10 mins to prepare.

Son wants it again tonight will see if I can somehow get a pic on when its done - its really delish and can be tailored to what you like, I have a friend who makes it with baked beans instead of tomatoes and kidney beans as her kids don't like them and she adds less spice :)

DAY 14

Sorry I have been quiet folks, its been a busy weekend! I will catch up with all your diaries in the morning as I am not in work then, but for now my only brief message is YES, the miexican chicken is very yummy and not too bad when you have a dollop with green salad (to my non Exante friends) and for my Exante friends I will say get some christmas pudding shakes and have one hot in a mug (or if you are me half of one) they ARE TO DIE FOR!! DELICIOUS AND YUMMY!!!

Last edited:
Hopefully the busy weekend has been enough to keep any food demons away :) Enjoy the rest of it.....they're just not long enough!

Back