Will taking linseed husks effect ketosis?

Kirstie007

Hello All,

Just a quick question:

Will taking linseed husks take me out of ketosis?

I've been recommended to use them, but want to be sure it's ok before I shovel them in and find I've not lost anything this week.

Cheers,
Kirstie

I'm not sure about linseed husks (aren't they a little more oily?), however, I have on many occasions seen people use psyllium husks. They perform in a similar manner and I think they're better - I used to put them in my porridge to thicken it up! In fact I recently ordered some more.

Just wondering - is it to make you more 'regular'? :)

Psyllium as far as I know pretty much passes through your body and is the same calories as the LL mousse mix. I'm not entirely sure if those calories actually get digested in the same way that a foodpack would be, but, I've used it before and it didn't affect my losses at all.

It takes up to a week for the body to get used to it, it may cause a little bloating at first, but with regular use this will resolve itself. :)

I bought this: Whole Psyllium Husks from Myprotein because I wanted a powder to put in my porridge. (Plus the price is very good from these guys! Fast delivery too :) )
Some people buy capsules from Holland & Barrett's but it's more expensive, plus the capsule shells sometimes are made of sugar... You never know! :D

Hi Minerva,

Thanks for this info. You are spot on with your diagnosis, I went for a colonic irrigation today to give my weight loss a boost (didn't make the slightest difference to my weight :( ) and she suggested it to help.

I've asked my councillor who is checking with head office so I'll let you know what the answer is.

Thanks,
Kirstie

Back