Willpower.... where do I find that?!?!?

Why do I think I can lose 1stone overnight? Weighed in today and have lost 19lbs in two weeks and initially I felt disappointed ?!?!?! What's wrong with me? If anyone else on here said they had lost that I would think it was great - ggrr I annoy myself sometimes. I had an omelette today, don't even like eggs, but I did well cos I was at a meeting all morning then had to go to a funeral and I resisted all the food at the tea afterwards. I have a dance class tonight, struggling to fit in shakes today. I haven drank as much water as I usually do either - all in all not a great day :-(

susie chisholm said:
Why do I think I can lose 1stone overnight? Weighed in today and have lost 19lbs in two weeks and initially I felt disappointed ?!?!?! What's wrong with me? If anyone else on here said they had lost that I would think it was great - ggrr I annoy myself sometimes. I had an omelette today, don't even like eggs, but I did well cos I was at a meeting all morning then had to go to a funeral and I resisted all the food at the tea afterwards. I have a dance class tonight, struggling to fit in shakes today. I haven drank as much water as I usually do either - all in all not a great day :-(

Girrrrrl 19lbs in 2 weeks i mental, really well done! That is a fantastic result and if u lost any more it would be because u weighed more to begin with which nobody wants! And i think more importantly u resisted temptation, i think id havw cries if presented with the kind of food u probably had to look at today! I have decided this is the most trippy head messing diet ever so thank god for the wonderful folks who made this forum so we cam come on here and let others sort us out lol. If it helps i have also had a bad day in that i woke up with a banging head and its stayed all day despite 4litres of water and 2 ibuprofen. I had 1 shake at breakfast even though wasnt hungry (just felt weird) forced some turkey and salad down as im worried i wont have enough energy for training tonight. In reality im considering not goig coz i feel so poo and normally its what i look forward to! We.must. Keep.eachother.going!

Such a fantastic loss in 2 weeks, 16lbs is over a stone. It does sound that with everything else which has been happening lately the great loss really hasn't sunk in. You should be very very proud of yourself as you are on the right track to a new you xxx :happy096:

Girrrrrl 19lbs in 2 weeks i mental, really well done! That is a fantastic result and if u lost any more it would be because u weighed more to begin with which nobody wants! And i think more importantly u resisted temptation, i think id havw cries if presented with the kind of food u probably had to look at today! I have decided this is the most trippy head messing diet ever so thank god for the wonderful folks who made this forum so we cam come on here and let others sort us out lol. If it helps i have also had a bad day in that i woke up with a banging head and its stayed all day despite 4litres of water and 2 ibuprofen. I had 1 shake at breakfast even though wasnt hungry (just felt weird) forced some turkey and salad down as im worried i wont have enough energy for training tonight. In reality im considering not goig coz i feel so poo and normally its whawet i look forward to! We.must. Keep.eachother.going!

I felt really really rotten the 2nd week - ketosis had set in, continuously felt dizzy & half the time I didnt know if I was coming or going. It is normal, drink lots & even more water & if you don't think going training tonight is ideal then don't, listen to your body-if you did go, you wouldn't put your all in it then will be kicking yourself xxxx It does get easier xxx

Mitzy! said:
I felt really really rotten the 2nd week - ketosis had set in, continuously felt dizzy & half the time I didnt know if I was coming or going. It is normal, drink lots & even more water & if you don't think going training tonight is ideal then don't, listen to your body-if you did go, you wouldn't put your all in it then will be kicking yourself xxxx It does get easier xxx

That was just what i needed to hear, you are now officially my little guru! Def feel different to last week, bit like im just kinda floating about-v odd! But u have cone out of the other side with super duper results so hopefully i will to :) Ive had an extra mini meal of turkey mince (taste sensation it was not!) and mango shake and coffee and feel a little better now so going training but will take it a bit easier. How was the decorating J-Lo?! Did u manage to get more on the walls than urself?! Xxx

That was just what i needed to hear, you are now officially my little guru! Def feel different to last week, bit like im just kinda floating about-v odd! But u have cone out of the other side with super duper results so hopefully i will to :) Ive had an extra mini meal of turkey mince (taste sensation it was not!) and mango shake and coffee and feel a little better now so going training but will take it a bit easier. How was the decorating J-Lo?! Did u manage to get more on the walls than urself?! Xxx

I can be you lil J-Lo Angel on your shoulder if you like! Glad you are feeling better, it will last for a few days but yeah, I have survived through it lol! Hmmm a "mango" shake, didnt even know they did those, sounds lovely. x
No paint on me.... i am a hidden pro!!! tee hee xx

Last edited:
Mitzy! said:
I can be you lil J-Lo Angel on your shoulder if you like! Glad you are feeling better, it will last for a few days but yeah, I have survived through it lol! Hmmm a "mango" shake, didnt even know they did those, sounds lovely. x

Sooo actually i am not going training and for a walk instead. Feels the sensible decision as not fair on my instructor if i get dizzy and conk out! Apaz the mango is a new trial thing and folks on here have mixed opinions but i thought it tasted likr soleti, but had to use about a zillion ice cubes! Ask ur cdc about it. Xx

God my spelling! I meant solero!!

God my spelling! I meant solero!!

More worried about what "likr" was, knew about the food part lol! It does sound very yummy and prob be good made into one of the mousses too :gimi: x

Pssst, what training do you do????

Mitzy! said:
More worried about what "likr" was, knew about the food part lol! It does sound very yummy and prob be good made into one of the mousses too :gimi: x

Pssst, what training do you do????

I agree, the 'likr' mango shake would make a gd moussey frozen thing. Will def invest in more for summer. Also tried choc orange today, why oh why did i only get one, twas fantastico! Walk done and so has headache and gd thing is i literally havent felt hungry once today and this is the first day thats happened, woop! What have u been eating today? Im always interested in the creations people come up with!
I do a boot camp and its a mixture of loads of stuff, but of running and strength exercises, press ups and the like. The guy is great, he's just a nrmal pt not one of those shouty fake army dudes! So many different types of people go, my age (26) up to 50's and all different shapes and sizes and fitness levels. I havet lost weight but have got a bit musclier and de fitter plus i really enjoy having something structured to do. I hated the gym! Xx

I agree, the 'likr' mango shake would make a gd moussey frozen thing. Will def invest in more for summer. Also tried choc orange today, why oh why did i only get one, twas fantastico! Walk done and so has headache and gd thing is i literally havent felt hungry once today and this is the first day thats happened, woop! What have u been eating today? Im always interested in the creations people come up with!
I do a boot camp and its a mixture of loads of stuff, but of running and strength exercises, press ups and the like. The guy is great, he's just a nrmal pt not one of those shouty fake army dudes! So many different types of people go, my age (26) up to 50's and all different shapes and sizes and fitness levels. I havet lost weight but have got a bit musclier and de fitter plus i really enjoy having something structured to do. I hated the gym! Xx

Oh yes, Choco orange shakes are scrummy, you wait til the bars its a treat you just cant rush!!! Soups on the other hand, ewwwww but have to say I do occasionally add the sweet chilli one to some prawns and it does taste like a curry & now i can have rice its even bettererrrrrrrrrrrr!!

I do the gym but they didnt like it when i was only intaking 610cals, got told not to over do it, couldn't refuse my body wouldn't let me! Oh, Boot camp sounds painful.... maybe one day coz I do love my classes xx :character00115:

Mitzy! said:
Oh yes, Choco orange shakes are scrummy, you wait til the bars its a treat you just cant rush!!! Soups on the other hand, ewwwww but have to say I do occasionally add the sweet chilli one to some prawns and it does taste like a curry & now i can have rice its even bettererrrrrrrrrrrr!!

I do the gym but they didnt like it when i was only intaking 610cals, got told not to over do it, couldn't refuse my body wouldn't let me! Oh, Boot camp sounds painful.... maybe one day coz I do love my classes xx :character00115:

I quite like the soups ive had, bit of an odd texture but i can deal with that. Especially compared to the vomtastic porridge! I know a lot of people who've got in to bootcamp who enjoy classes, it think for some people (me included) u just need to be told what to do otherwise u just dont work as hard as u could. Im totally uncoordinated so zumba etc was not an option for me but i love to run and am quite competitive so i always work hard at this :) OK this is gross but need ur advice oh wise one... I have had trbl err 'going' last cpl of days and when i did it nrly killed me! Did i get this at all? Know for me its lack of veg as used to eat loads. Did u ever buy the official fibre stuff? I need something but wonder if there is a cheaper equivalent i can just get in boots? Dnt want to get one that has something bad In it tho. Apologies for over share! X

I quite like the soups ive had, bit of an odd texture but i can deal with that. Especially compared to the vomtastic porridge! I know a lot of people who've got in to bootcamp who enjoy classes, it think for some people (me included) u just need to be told what to do otherwise u just dont work as hard as u could. Im totally uncoordinated so zumba etc was not an option for me but i love to run and am quite competitive so i always work hard at this :) OK this is gross but need ur advice oh wise one... I have had trbl err 'going' last cpl of days and when i did it nrly killed me! Did i get this at all? Know for me its lack of veg as used to eat loads. Did u ever buy the official fibre stuff? I need something but wonder if there is a cheaper equivalent i can just get in boots? Dnt want to get one that has something bad In it tho. Apologies for over share! X

Not "going" could be the reason for you not feeling to great. I am not a great "gooer" anyway but it was even more difficult on the diet during the first few weeks. I did find if I had 2 shakes aday (especially the banana one) it turned it completely around lol. You could always try their fibre powder which I think you find its added to your shakes or drink even more water and ride its course. Laxatives aren't the answer on this diet as its not good for the liver as its on a detox apparently!! it will happen in due time....!! x

Mitzy! said:
Not "going" could be the reason for you not feeling to great. I am not a great "gooer" anyway but it was even more difficult on the diet during the first few weeks. I did find if I had 2 shakes aday (especially the banana one) it turned it completely around lol. You could always try their fibre powder which I think you find its added to your shakes or drink even more water and ride its course. Laxatives aren't the answer on this diet as its not good for the liver as its on a detox apparently!! it will happen in due time....!! x

I love the fact ive never even met u and essentially we are having a convo about poo! The cambridge diet has opened many doors for me (except the one i need opening lol!) i do t usually like banana flavoured stuff so never bothered to try a shake but maybe i will next wk, anything that will help! Dnt worry i would never touch laxatives, the idea horrifies me! I know theres this stuff called fibre gel around, not sure of ingredients but will do a bit of research tomorrow, exciting times eh! But i think u might be right, never even crossed my mind thats why i could be feeling, err ****!! X

My CDC said to me that it's normal not to go as much because your my eating so there isn't much to get rid of, I've been ok but think I'm gonna need something over the next few days, why don't u try something lighter like a senecot or something x

I think fybo gel is a bulking agent more than a laxative so I would def try sennakot if you are desperate, it's a natural ingredient and not too aggressive, movicol is also good, but not sure if you can by that over the counter. I went to my dance class and had a fab time, I still haven't drank as much as I should have today :-(. I need to get to bed so I can't drink any more. I have a long day at work tomorrow, must remember to take things with me. When does pining for a lost love get better, I'm having a total downer about him tonight :-(. I think I shall just go to bed and out today behind me, not been a good one. Never know maybe I'll lose that stone over night - only messing. Hope everyone is doing well xx

Thanks ladies, will give sennakot a try. The life of a cambridge dieter is so glam :-/ Having said that it is worth all the pain for the results (remind me of that next week when ive only lost 1lb and am ready to jump out the window!) Well done everyone for sticking with the plan, we will be physically and mentally better off in the end i think, it teaches u a lot about urself! Susie, im so sorry to hear ur struggling re the ex. We have all been there and its not a good place. Its extremely unhelpful but time really is what it takes and n on on other things, so now would be the time to take up flower pressing or some other hobby lol! I would say get urself sorted and happy with who u are and when uve decided ur happy on ur own and are having a great time, love will smack u between the eyes, thats what happened to me! Xx

Aw I know x thanks, I just have some low moments. I am proud of the way I have dealt with the whole thing in general and I must say is a bit of motivation for the diet. I am trying to encourage my friend who is doing a similiar diet to get on this site - I think the support is amazing, I am fairly sure I would have given up by now if it hadn't been for here. My friend was telling that she still feels hungry, I asked if she had been sticking to it and she confirmed she had. I could not understand as I thought she should have been in Ketosis and no longer feeling hungry. Questioned some more I had to smile she tells me that she has been licking Pringles lol. I just laughed and said there's your answer and she was stunned declaring that she hadn't eaten them just licked the flavouring. I gotta love her .

susie chisholm said:
Aw I know x thanks, I just have some low moments. I am proud of the way I have dealt with the whole thing in general and I must say is a bit of motivation for the diet. I am trying to encourage my friend who is doing a similiar diet to get on this site - I think the support is amazing, I am fairly sure I would have given up by now if it hadn't been for here. My friend was telling that she still feels hungry, I asked if she had been sticking to it and she confirmed she had. I could not understand as I thought she should have been in Ketosis and no longer feeling hungry. Questioned some more I had to smile she tells me that she has been licking Pringles lol. I just laughed and said there's your answer and she was stunned declaring that she hadn't eaten them just licked the flavouring. I gotta love her .

Oh lordy, bless her! Today is the first tine i havent felt at all hungry, but had a stonking headache and all the energy of a snail! Apaz this means i am now well and truly in ketosis and the headaches shud soon stop. U should be proud urself, break ups are bloomin emotional as it is without factoring in an extremely hard diet that turns the best if us in to jibbering wrecks so well done u! Who knows what'll happen once uve lost ur weight, its exciting! This site is a god send its true. Some lovely an inspirational people to talk to. Never saw myself as a chat room type but i as u can see i have spent every day glued to the site! Btw, can u (or anyone) help re balsamic vinegar? Its in the book bit my cdc says its a nono due to sugar. Without it i have nothing to put on salad :-(

Back