Willpower.... where do I find that?!?!?

AAAaRRrRgGggGhHh ( that is a very loud scream ) I did it I emailed him to say no to meeting up and told him why and just said now is good bye. I feel so confused but like I said got my diet mojo back. I am literally shaking with so many emotions, I am sad, and angry he contacted me and at the same time I am elated and filled with false hope that he might come back to me. Which btw I know he def won't realistically, and would I want him back????? I am sorry to be going on about this but comfort eating is my downfall. Well emotional eating in general and things like this happening are so significant to my eating patterns, I wish i could develop another way of dealing with things like this. I wish I hadn't ,gone mad the last few days as now I can't really notice any weight loss - I am not losing weight for anyone else but me!!!!! I must remember that! FFS I bet I am up all night checking my flipping emails now. I hate this! I wish I had a fast forward button on my life or do I? ... Ignore me, it is just nice to have a rant on here

susie chisholm said:
Hey Caroline, glad you enjoyed your hols, very impressive sticking to diet so well. I have totally fell off the wagon in a big way, if I don't pull it back some I am in danger of undoing all the success I have had so far. I have been out of control this week and I can't understand why. I am going away for a few day to be myself apart from dance classes I have committed to I don't want any contact with anyone and am aiming to be able just to stick to diet, get into Ketosis and then keep steady. That day one thing is so hard to break I am booking my flights tonight and I am thinking about putting a calendar up in my room to cross off the days. I am also lacking energy and motivation. So I may actually be sick, I have thought I have had half ever all week but maybe it's a virus, then again maybe I am just a greedy lump!
My friends are starting to comment that I am keeping myself to myself too much but I really don't feel sociable. What a grump I am, hopefully this weekend will see me turn a corner xxx nice to have you back Caroline xxxx

Susie the time has come to stop berating urself. I am back and i simply wont allow it! What it seems like to me is that u r actually punishing urself with the food. Eating loads of stuff ur prob not even enjoying and then feelig sick from it and guilt, and then getting p**sed at urself. Ur little break seems like a really good idea to me. Perhaps u should take a pad of paper and jot down a few things? Like why r u doing this diet? Who for? Do u really want to lose the weight? Through my own personal experience this diet is now 100% for me and its helping me to like myself again. I got straight back on it this morning because it felt so gd to be in a smaller bikini on hol and to have jeans falling off and to actually look in the mirror and smile. Find what it is that u want and then go for it. You know that the first 3-5 days of clean eating (cd-ing) will be hardest but once ur in ketosis again ul feel fab. Im only on my first day towards going back in to it so why dont u do it with me? Im lying in bed starving now so u can test assured it isnt easy for me either! I believe in u and so want u to be successful and have the lovely body u deserve to match the lovely inside! X

Caroline thank you x that is just what I need to hear. I am going to follow all of your advice especially writing down everything. And yes I will join you , I will be back on 100% from now on and will be doing it for me and me alone! Will catch up tomorrow x we already know we rock just sometimes we need reminded from time to time xx bless you xx

I'm on day 3 and starting to feel myself again, felt a bit ropey last night and this morning but I think that was lack of water as I just couldn't face it last night (but had drank about 3 litres throughout the day so not too bad). You'll get there susie, don't ever change who you are for a man (i've been there) you need to 100% do this for yourself and believe in yourself, you've done amazingly well so far :)

A great thread girls im sat here in my pj's telling myself to 'man up' on this diet.. no more stories, excuses will pass my lips anymore. 100% on this diet is the way forward anyone can do this diet :) xx

Love this forum, so many lovely people! Susie (and everyone else) you CAN do this! I have a stonking head ache today and a gross metalic taste in my gob which i think is the start of ketosis for me as is what happened last time, so glam :) Going to treat me to a can of coke zero today as i think its gona be a tough day. Gd luck all x

Mid point through the day and so far so good. I even had a shake at work which I never do! I am going to have a shake before my dance class then another when I get back. I am feeling much better, and thanks to you for support and words of wisdom. It really is a great forum, I would have totally buckled without it this week, I know that for sure.
And yep I ain't gonna go changing for no one - if he wants me, which I really don't think he does , then he is going to have to fight to get back to me. I hope everyone's day is going well xxxx

Thanks for the kick up the bum even if it was meant for C. I was just thinking if I eat a
Pear it's not so bad... Having a cup of tea instead. Second litre of water on the go and only shake down. I will get through today with no food!!!

Well nearly bedtime and I have been 100% today, could prob have drunk more water . I feel good though, and haven't felt hungry since just before my second shake. I feel mor optimistic for tomorrow and it really is one day at a time for just now. I had a great dance class, although I teach it I ended up doing quite a bit myself so feel I have had a good workout. I am going to have an early night, I am seeing my ex tomorrow not sure why and I have tried to put him off I will see what happens, if I am left broken hearted again I know that I will get through it and it really does motivate my diet as I have no appetite. Hope everyone else had a good day xxx

Day two going well, not hungry at all and feeling good. I had a meeting with my ex today - left me quite confused. We have gone for a total separation to now all of a sudden there is communication links. I just can't work it out. However on the plus side it has increased my motivation. Not cos I want to lose weight for him but because I am staying really strong with how I am dealing with him and I know that I can transfer this strength to help me lose weight. That will make me feel good on all levels. I have got to teach 8 drunken 'hens' how to pole dance later then I am off to enjoy my solitude. All I am taking is water and CD products, there is no food left in her house so there will be no temptation. I reckon by tomorrow I will be in Ketosis so buy the end of e weekend I will be well and truly back on track. I am not coming off plan at all now until I get to my target weight, which should be before 7th July mmmm actually maybe that is a bit too much pressure however that is what I will aim for. I have a vision of me at target weight, and my new haircut waiting to be collected from the airport by son in law and him not recognising me. I am long forward to seeing my daughter so much, this will also give me motivation to carry on.
How is everyone else doing? I sometimes feel the weekend is scarf territory for us on VLCD...

S@@t I have had a crap day. I at some normal food!!! I felt really rough last night and not much better this morning, had my shake and at lunch felt bad so ate some normal food including chocolate!!!! And have been picking at rubbish since!!

I am really annoyed with myself. Can't believe I have done it!! I only have about 8lbs to goal so why have I done it??!!
i am worried about weighing in on Tuesday now. Am going to be back on SS from tomorrow. Is this going to affect my loss?

Is anyone else worried about after they get to goal? I am, I really don't want the weight to go back on, do people generally get to goal on SS then increase the steps after that?

Any advice would be good for this silly moo!!!!

Bloody hell Lisalu that post could have come from me last week x. Read back and see what Caroline and a few others told me... You can do this, don't let one bad day spoil it. I have a problem with self sabotage I always do a similar thing when I am nearing my goal then I put weight back on - ye ole viscous circle. I would suggest that when you are near to goal, start thinking about the things you will/can eat to maintain and look forward to better eating habits. That's the only thing with these types of diets, due to the speed of weight loss I think we struggle with reeducating our minds to have a better relationship with food and for our body image to catch up in our minds. keep strong and keep coming on here, I'm one of the worst for giving advice but even knowing other people struggle the same sometimes helps. It's not easy Hun but you can do it, you have come so far xx you are the last hurdle xx good luck xx

I hope the above reads right Lisalu, I just feel,for you cos I felt exactly the same last week. If it wasn't for the support I got from this thread I would have given up for sure. Stick at it babe, tomorrow is another day, it's easier to get back on track if you don't have too much time off. I made that mistake last week and really struggled, it is self sabotage def for me I don't understand it at all, instead of getting excited that I am nearing my target I freak out and binge. It's a mystery and I think if I could find the answer to why I do that I would get on a lot better. You are not on your own, we will be here for you - take care xx

Thanks Susie, I will carry on on SS tomorrow, I will get to goal!! Can't believe it still I was 100% until today. 8lbs to go (plus what's going to go on after today) need to stop dwelling on it and look forward to tomorrow. X

I totally relate had a few great days and then today very late I ate and ate rubbish. I kept,telling myself to stop but I just kept going for it. And to make things worse I bought the dress at the size I want to be in a few months which cost me and arm and a leg thinking it will motivate me....but I just have no idea what and why I started eating. Back on it tomorrow weigh in on Tuesday and seriously am just hoping that I've sts. I've now hung the pretty dress in front on me but perhaps I should hang it in the kitchen lol. If I wasn't so particular I really would. If I can't do SS for 27 days I am returning it. Please help me I'm finding this so hard:(((((

It must be something in the air - we all seem to be struggling just now. Caroline gave me some good advice - write down things about why you are dieting like this, what is the motivation for being slimmer? Recognising that it is really hard and facing it as a big challenge may help - I got back on track (just day 2) by thinking of short term achievable goals. I literally took one hour at a time yesterday and today I had lost weight (bad habit stepping on scales every day, can't help,it) so I celebrated I how felt seeing a loss & tomorrow i am confident that I will see another loss ( bad habit stepping on scales every day) so I will cherish how that feels & remember how crap I felt that for 3 days when I was pigging out the number increased. One good thing about this diet is is that it is quick, poss too quick sometimes,, although I have to say I'm the type of person that wants to lose a stone a week or wake up a size 10 x you know it works and the better we stick to it the faster we will,get to target x get me all sassy with myself cos I've stuck 100% for two days, not much of an achievement but I'm taking it as a success, 3 days ago I was greeting and ready to give up. We are with you xxx

It's true susie... It is a good diet I just know I've not been doing it properly. So many others have amazing willpower and as much as I think I hve I really don't. But I'm doing it tomorrow again because I know I can. Each time I cheat/fail I always say I won't do it again and then a few days of being good bham I've broken it again. So i am giving myself only until end of June and that's it. I will write the list on my diary... Making it public may help me. I feel sick at the thought of my stupidness. Thanks susie. I,will be on here tomorrow moaning when I get the urge to cheat.

Hey chickens, ive been neglecting u all today so i apologise. Have been a bit poorly with a v upset tum, and feeling,err, poop! I can only guess it is either adjusting to being back in england(tho was only away 5 days!) or finally having a reaction to tuesdays carbs?! Whatever it is i hope its gone by tomorrow! Good to see everyone supporting each other. Just to say quickly, i really don't believe in beating urself up over mistakes u make with the diet. I think we r all trying to make permanent changes to our attitudes to food and eating and strongly believe a lot of us have a strong emotional issue that causes us to eat. Like i said to susie, u have to get to the bottom of why u sabotage urself, and why u r doing this to begin with. My life is changing already, mostly for better but tbh not all of it is positive and im now having to deal wit that too! For example my oh's mum told me im getting to skinny (seriously, im not!) and that my bf wont like it if i lose much more weight. I love this lady to bits but its sad because i know she is jealous of my success as she is pretty overweight herself and has no will power with food. We have so many battles to deal with but the only person who would really lose out if we were to give up is ourselves, and we all deserve to be happy and to love ourselves dont we?! Recognising what we have done and then why is a huge step, and then we can start afresh next day. I know u can all do it. Susie, proud of u girl! Forget the pin head ex for now and concentrate on u xx

Ps i am tired and poorly an realise i have prob just written a load of s**t! Sorry :)

Back