Willpower.... where do I find that?!?!?

Hey Caroline, I'm sorry to hear you are poorly, I hope you feel better soon x I'm trying to forget pinhead ex however since he left yesterday I have been bombarded with emails of him telling how much he misses me and the final that he loves me and always will!!!!!, I am more confused than ever but I am staying strong and feeling good about myself. Dealing with him does give me a diversion so I'm not really noticing my diet I am just getting on with. That's not such a good thing, it can only end in tears with so I need to not get sucked in- bloody men xx(well some of them)

Ok, today is another day and I am Back to SS after blip yesterday. Thanks ladies for your advice it really helps.

Caroline, I have a friend who keeps saying that I don't need to lose weight and that I should live my life rather than worry about weight. I love my friend to bits too but she doesn't realise that I need/want to do this for me. I have 3 beautiful boys aged 8,6,3 and I am finally back to my pre-pregnancy weight but still want to lose another 8lbs. I also know that I am going to have to start exercising when I start eating again to get rid if the little tum and hips my boys created!!!

My hubby and I decided that we are not going to have another baby so that's why I really want to sort myself out, that sounds selfish doesn't it??

On the contrary Lisalu, that's not selfish that is sensible. Think about what a good role model you are to your children, would you not tell them to strive to be the best they could possibly be (maybe when they are older). My daughter is 19 and when I have dilemmas like losing weight or kicking confusing exes into touch I always think " what would I advice Hollie?" at the end of the day we want the best for our children so why should we not want the best for ourselves. I think as mums we do tend to ourselves at the bottom of the list but if you think about, unless you are married to Mrs.Doubtfire mums a pretty important people so it makes sense to sort ourselves out.
I wish you all the best for today - take one hour at a time today - you can so do this xxx

Hey all, don't beat yourselves up over it, you're human you will make mistakes but you're not giving up and that's the main thing. I've cheated this week too and had chicken and lettuce as I couldn't take not eating, going to go 100% ss today, we can all do it :)

I too am positive for 100% day today, my plans have changed due to the weather, might do some window shopping before my hen party this evening. I am hopeful that by Monday morning I will have lost the weight I put on during my binge fest. And I am not def not going to dwell on the fact that if i hadn't slipped up and put on weight then the weight I am losing now I could have been very near to my target. That is just life! I am doing very little today. I have been so busy recently and have had no me time, which I feel is important. I am going to read a bit this morning, then get ready and pop into Edinburgh for a wee looksie round the Ocean Terminal, head to Hen Party then home for an early night! Sounds quite boring doesn't - I don't care it is precisely what I want to do today - its all about me today in my world. My son is at his Dads so I am home alone ...

Today is good so far but I am feeling so frail and weak, feel as if I could just fall over at any minute! I am a active person with kids, dogs, horses etc but I feel about 80 today!! Normal jobs are seeming impossible and to hard, anyone else have days like this?

My oh thinks it's my bodies way of telling me that I need to start eating normally now!! Not so good for support !!!

Lisalu82 said:
Today is good so far but I am feeling so frail and weak, feel as if I could just fall over at any minute! I am a active person with kids, dogs, horses etc but I feel about 80 today!! Normal jobs are seeming impossible and to hard, anyone else have days like this?

My oh thinks it's my bodies way of telling me that I need to start eating normally now!! Not so good for support !!!

I am totally like that today! Had my hake for brekkie then been out in london all day in museums etc and literally been draggin myself round like a granny! Only time ive felt like this before was first wk of the diet and im kind if first wk again after my day off on tues so i expect to be full of bean again soon. These things are sent to try us! Xxx

Caroline_Louise said:
I am totally like that today! Had my hake for brekkie then been out in london all day in museums etc and literally been draggin myself round like a granny! Only time ive felt like this before was first wk of the diet and im kind if first wk again after my day off on tues so i expect to be full of bean again soon. These things are sent to try us! Xxx

Hi guys in the past I've found if I cheated it was setting me up for disaster it's down hill from there .just tell yourself this feeling will pass and have a very early night ;-)

I have been ok, apart from my knees aching like hell, properly hurting....walking like I've had an accident lol. Other than that day 6 is going well, other than some chicken and lettuce this week I've been ss, hoping for a good weigh in on monday.....I even resisted my nephews pizza and chicken nuggets that I cooked for him, I wouldn't have been able to do that a week ago. hoping the will power stays, I think everyone on here is doing amazingly well.:)

Ok ladies I need a big rant! Ignore me but if don't get this out I will combust! I have totally made a prize twat of myself with my ex. Last night he was sending emails telling me how much he missed me and loved me and it was really sweet. I thought about it all night and I poured my heart out in an email practically beggin him to come back to me. This afternoon I get a phone call from him basically saying he is sorry it wasn't fair to contact me have a nice life see ya!!!!! WTF....
I'm so hurt and angry and embarrassed, mind you rest assured he won't do at to me again! Always a plus side I have no appetite, prob in ketosis but struggling of even eat products. I had a great Hen Party it's the first one I have done and it was such a laugh, took my mind off pinhead ex! He said yesterday that he was going to order flooring for me and it would be Monday when he ordered it. I told him today that he can shove his flooring up his arse and not to bother ordering it and he said it is already done!
I feel such a fool and am back to square one with him, it's been four weeks since we split up and it now feels like this morning, in fact it kinda was. It hurts more cos he says he loves me and I love him - I don't understand it, obviously it is a little re complex than that and life just ain't simple....
Hope everyone has had a good day. Xxx rant over xx

Oh Susie, your better off without him if he's messing you around! And well done for not hitting the food!!

I am off to bed, can happily say I have had my 3 products and that's it for today, roll on tomorrow. X

I had a similar situation a few years ago with an ex, was devastated that he went back to his ex after being with me for four years but after a few weeks I started to realise what a mistake it was and after a few months I was barely thinking about it. I see him regularly as he works around the corner from where I work and I just grin whenever I see him as I don't feel anything...if truth be told I pity him, he's still wearing the clothes I bought him, still hanging around with the same losers, still in the same crap job and my life has turned around, I'm confident, financially dependent, have a good job and most importantly...im happy, have now met someone else who is lovely, thoughtful and kind, nothing like the ex and even if the relationship ended after going through all that I know how strong I am now and how I could get through it.

If I can do that, anyone can susie.:)

Thanks Lani, it really is so hard. I think he just wanted the best of both worlds, and I do pity him as he is not happy where he is, he knows I how feel &i was prepared to take the rough with the smooth. I can't see myself moving on relationship wise either but I suppose it's early days. I'm angry cos I was just starting to accept things and feel slightly ok when he showed up!!! He will need to leave me alone and I have told i him that last night and he has, and I am disappointed but will be strong. Am surprised as well cos something like this,would normally turn me to comfort eat but I feel more determined than ever to lose weight. I actually believe that I will achieve it as well, it is the only thing I have control over just now. Hope you are doing ok, have a good day. I am having a very lazy day and I just know I will be checking my emails every 15 mins to see if he has emailed me. It is so silly isn't it, I should just get over him, but it is not that easy xxx take care xx

What are everyone's plans once they get close to goal? Stay on CD or swap to calorie counting or weight watchers etc??

I'll be staying on cd until I can maintain my weight on my own, so I'll be going down to one cd product a day...can't wait until I'm at that point :) x

I am gong to go up the steps on CD - have decided whatever my weight is, I am moving up to step 2 by the end of July as I will have done 6 months on SS by then which I think is quite enough! I am so looking forward to eating again - have already been planning healthy eating plans! My CDC wants me to stay on SS until I am 11stones so I may move up a step and not tell her.

I think I need to,do,something like, I am really worried about eating properly again. I don't feel I have enough confidence or self control yet, so I will be introducing different foods slowly some know what suits me and what doesn't - what will cause me to go off the rails etc. I am having a very self indulgent feeling sorry for myself day, it has kept me 100% cos I have barely moved. If I try really hard this week I am hoping to get under next stone barrier, I feel seeing a lower number at the start of the reading is a big boost. Here's to another good few days, I'm not going to say week cos I really am taking one day at a time x

I think that going up the steps is a good way of controlling your food as the food at step 2 is quite bland and there is a lot protein in all the steps which fills you up. It sounds as if your confidence has been knocked but I am sure you'll be fine.
Your ex doesn't sound as if he has made his mind up - just make sure you're not a doormat...

Im relatively close to goal and will be following my cdc's advice which i imagine will be moving up the steps. The reason i chose this diet is i liked the look of the 'stepped' approach and think its realistic to live life in the last steps of the diet. I will prob always have a few cd products at home so if i go a few lbs above goal i can diet myself back down again (thats what my consultant does.) i am someone who will always have to watch what they eat and i am at peace with that as i feel so much better being smaller in size that not having pudding everyday is well worth it!

Back