Willpower.... where do I find that?!?!?

I am 1lb away from my original goal of 9 1/2 stone, but I changed it to 9st. I may do a week of step2 and then see what's happened.

I wish I was closer to my goal weight, but I suppose I am closer than I was yesterday, I just need to keep this focus. And work out why I self sabotage. I am a worried about that if I am honest , the last time I got to within 5lbs of my target and I just seemed to think that it would be ok to to return to old eating habits without putting weight back on! Of course I did but not quite it all which is when I thought back on CD & hopefully for the last time, although i like your idea Caroline of keeping some product handy. I think when I get to target I will give myself a dangers zone of say 4lbs, if I gain that then I will do CD for a day or two. I am sure it will then sort it self out.

The step approach is why i joined cd too, I'm going to do ss and ss+ for as long as I can then move down the steps, it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change :)

It is good the step system, I am so close to goal. I am worried that I am going to lose motivation as I am so close, any advice??

Lisalu82 said:
It is good the step system, I am so close to goal. I am worried that I am going to lose motivation as I am so close, any advice??

Well i have just been through my wardrobe trying on my clothes and most of them are now massive on me! Its great motivation to carry on. I was struggling with guilt as my bf took me out last night and whilst i was really restrained in the food dpt i did drink nrly a whole bottle of champers! The wardrobe sort out was serving as a distraction and has worked. I should be proud if myself really as instead of having a hangover maccy d's today i had a shake and dis my exercise dvd and then had a healthy nandos chicken and salad later. Its changes like rhis we have to celebrate i think an remember how far we have come!

You are apt on Caroline, good for you x I was just thinking as I read your post - what can I celebrate today (bearing in mind I am wallowing in my stupid broken hearted ness) and realised I have not even thought about turning to food - I have been 100% although I haven't done any exercise. It's nearly bedtime and I am going to try and get in a positive frame of mind for work tomorrow - I have a busy week ahead so need to sort myself out. Bloody hell, if I'm no worrying about binging I'm greeting about my ex - dear me! I sound like a right moany cow, I'm not usually like this xx be patient x

Well done its about food education. I had to eat but ate healthily as well and was well under my normal calorie intake- normally I would have scoffed so much rubbish so don't feel that guilty. Also had 2 shakes and my water. As much as I want a quick fix and big losses if I can carry on dropping the pounds I'm happy.

Susie ur not stupid or moany! U r going through a really tough time and i think u are doing really well. I know it doesnt help really but it sounds like ur ex is being a bit of an arse tbh and i would say u will def be better off without him in the long run. Hard when u love someone though. Def reward urself, depends what u like doing but a gd bk or if u r me a (cheapy) pair of jeans in my new smaller size :) A life that doesnt revolve around food is quite strange and hard to get used to in some ways. Normally on a fri night my bf and i would have a big bag of crisps with dip, a bottle of booze, a main meal and then prob choc or ice cream. This fri we made a prawn and cod curry and i had my shake and that was that! Te curry was yum and i was full, but it did feel a bit odd!
Newtocd thats great well done. Funny how easy some days r and u then think what u were like pre diet and wonder why we did it?! Greed for sure and often other emotional things i guess.

Tell me about it, but we must take the bad with the good days. I have bought lots of lovely maxi dresses and shorts and bikinis all in a size 10, they fit now but will look a bit better with a little more weight off. That's my motivation!! Also going on a girly shopping trip on the 25th June so want to be a bit lighter by then. I have found a boot camp near me - can't remember who goes- Caroline? Sounds great, also joined a gym so I am all geared up ready to tone up!! Feeling positive at the mo, but am having lunch out tomorrow with the hubby before he goes away for 4 days so, fully back on SS/SS+ on Tuesday.

My little problem is I have my mum coming to stay with me n Thursday for a week and she doesn't know I am doing this diet, and won't agree with it as she says I am fine as I am, so I going to have to try and explain it to her rather than come off plan for a week.

Lisalu82 said:
Tell me about it, but we must take the bad with the good days. I have bought lots of lovely maxi dresses and shorts and bikinis all in a size 10, they fit now but will look a bit better with a little more weight off. That's my motivation!! Also going on a girly shopping trip on the 25th June so want to be a bit lighter by then. I have found a boot camp near me - can't remember who goes- Caroline? Sounds great, also joined a gym so I am all geared up ready to tone up!! Feeling positive at the mo, but am having lunch out tomorrow with the hubby before he goes away for 4 days so, fully back on SS/SS+ on Tuesday.

My little problem is I have my mum coming to stay with me n Thursday for a week and she doesn't know I am doing this diet, and won't agree with it as she says I am fine as I am, so I going to have to try and explain it to her rather than come off plan for a week.

Yep, i am mrs bootcamp :) I absolutely love it and thoroughly recommend so long as ur not brand new on cd (which ur not r u) I have been doing it far longer than the diet and will continue to do it forever if i get my way, its good for me on so many levels. With regards ur mum coming, remember who u r doing this diet for. I mean, i realise its ur mum but ultimately they want us to be happy so sit er down, show her the book and explain the science behind it. Do ss+ so u can eat the same thing together once a day and she can see its good nice 'normal' food. However much u love someone it is t a reason to ruin ur success and imagine all the amazing things ul feel good in on ur shopping trip. My aim is to get h&m jeans in a 10 and hope that another few lbs and i will be there :)

After a day of feeling sorry for myself yesterday I am raring to go maybe it was just what I needed. Feeling good for the week ahead, I have a challenging day tomorrow so shall make sure I am organised, I am actually feeling quite excited. Happy Monday morning peeps xxx

Oh what a good day I am having so far. I had a good, quick and busy day at work, early finish to pick my laddie up from school. He came out with a huge smile when he saw me and promptly told me he had missed me. I feel really good today, motivated and even though I a heading for TOTM I feeling ok. Hope everyone else has had a good start to the week xx

Me roo, today is a good day, weight in tonight :cry:, i'm hoping for a decent loss. But i've been full of energy today, still no bowel issues (not going anywhere near as often but when I go it's fine, put this down to lack of food rather than any issues).
Work has been a breeze today, even though i'm in til 5:30 :(. Let's hope the week continues like this :D

I'm optimistic. I need a good week, there is a new CDC which is closer to my home, feel quite loyal to my one, but she is an hours drive away! This is is 5 mins. I will speak to her about it. Weigh in on Friday for me so I am determined to have a good week - of course it will last x

Good going ladies, loving the positivity! I was starving by 3 today so had a green salad with a teeny tin of tuna as well as my soup. Tbh im not sweating it at all as i shall be busting out a dbl dose of jillian micheals (to wet and gross for running) later and i am trying to get my head straight where food is concerned before i get to step 3 and scary carbs! Lets hope we all have as positive things to say tonight xx

I need chit chat! I restart CD tomorrow, and I'm desperate to get this flab off me. I wish I could pull it off and throw it away! :(

That's me I want to wake up thin. Take each day at a time and be confident that you will get there, and you know day one is the hardest. I had a few frustrating day ones recently. I'm not even so worried about ketosis, although must be in it to be saying that, not hungry. I need to drink more today that is my only downfall of the day. And that my tummy is swelling for my lady time lol. What would like to chit chat about? I'll help I like chatting lol x

susie chisholm said:
That's me I want to wake up thin. Take each day at a time and be confident that you will get there, and you know day one is the hardest. I had a few frustrating day ones recently. I'm not even so worried about ketosis, although must be in it to be saying that, not hungry. I need to drink more today that is my only downfall of the day. And that my tummy is swelling for my lady time lol. What would like to chit chat about? I'll help I like chatting lol x

It's got to the point that I can't imagine what it feels like to be slim again, and to not have this huge flabby belly dragging me down. I hate day ones, but I'm gonna try and tell myself that it isn't day one and I've been doing this ages just to try and trick my mind so that it's not so hard! Lol. Just need general chit chat about CD stuff I guess, to get my mind really into it - would be great if you could read my diary on the CD diaries section, let me know if you think my losses will be good doing it the way I'm gonna be doing it? x

I'll have a look I am a bit of a novice on this forum so really don't know how it works. What I did recently when I was really struggling was focus on drinking water and took each hour ate time, never mind one day. It did help and an early night then that is day one over, do the same for the next couple days until you are in ketosis. I have a mini goal of Amsterdam first week in July so I a visualising what I will look like when I get off the plane to meet my daughter. I have even been window Internet shopping to see what ' look' I will go for. Not only does that pass the but it's a good motivator. I will try and see if I can find your diary xx

Back