Willpower.... where do I find that?!?!?

MissieCB said:
this is true i hate putting it on big time but that ones good! Id rather be natural tho but scared of getting more wrinkles loool.

Hows your day going Caroline? im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired just wanna put my feet up loooool x

Yeah i will prob look as leathery as my mulberry by the time im 30!

Well i had allbran and coffee for brekkie which was yummers, and then i was a big lazy bum and went back to bed, where possibly i still am lol! I was sleepy from day out yest and staying up to watch closing ceremony (and doing running. Commentary on it with legs!) so hve had a little nap and feel great now. Little bit hungry so am gona have a tracker i think and maybe an apple. Poor tired girly, r u ss-ing today or beig normal? Xxx

I'm finally home and clean, only had a banana so far, gonna have my meal shortly as hopefully eating earlier will burn some of it off haha plus I can't be bothered cooking later once my cleaning is done my feet are going up!!

Hope you're ok missie - weekend catching up on you? x

big time loool serves me right!!!

Im trying to SS til friday when i leave so just gonna see how i go and what happens tonight! Really dont fancy getting weighed but hey ho! Ordering bars for if I do the juddd then i can have them in my DD! (see caroline im getting the lingo) xxx

Things are getting well heated in that other thread tho!!

lil_legs said:
I'm finally home and clean, only had a banana so far, gonna have my meal shortly as hopefully eating earlier will burn some of it off haha plus I can't be bothered cooking later once my cleaning is done my feet are going up!!

Hope you're ok missie - weekend catching up on you? x

God u have been productive, ive done f-all lol but its rather nice! Exercise will happen but not gona stress about when, i have all day so whenever i feel most energetic!
How are the other people doing ur challenge getting on legs, do u know? X

Not really sure, everyone seems to be exercising but no one is saying what they've lost - apart from me haha I think they are all tactical players and want to win the challenge lol! I know I'm not gonna win but it's focused me cos I don't wanna come last!! Haha xx

lil_legs said:
Not really sure, everyone seems to be exercising but no one is saying what they've lost - apart from me haha I think they are all tactical players and want to win the challenge lol! I know I'm not gonna win but it's focused me cos I don't wanna come last!! Haha xx

Give a ***** if u 'officially' win or not! You are losing weight and inches and feeling and looking better so as cheesy as it sounds, thats winning right there! Im gonna head out i think before it rains. Then i can come back and EAT!!! Missie, r u alive over there?! Xx

yeah just lool just posted a few mins ago xxx

MissieCB said:
yeah just lool just posted a few mins ago xxx

Oh there you are! Missed ur post, soz. I think ur plan is good, but def change soon like the wkend and get stuck in, strike while the iron js hot and all that jazz. Ha, loving the new lingo. Diet nerds!

Legs, i demand u have a rest! Unless u send me a pic of the sweeping brush in which case i'll let u off! Right, im off to the great outdoors, if I'm nt back in an hour then send a search party! X

Hello again ladies,

I spent 2 hours on friday (whilst at work :nono:) typing a long post only to lose the flaming thing!!! I was fuming at the time but was prob for the best really - I'd have bored you all to tears!

Besides, you all seem to have made you minds up now on which plan to proceed with - and I think you've all made the right decision.

The general gist of it was that the only time I've ever managed to maintain a steadyish weight throughout my life was doing a kind of JUDDD diet - although without really knowing that was what I was doing at the time.

I was around 9.7 to 10st for a couple of years. I was dieting really strictly Mon to thur ish, steering clear of carbs - pretty much eating 1 meal of chicken breast and vegetables a day (so I guess no more than 500cals) but no sooner did the weekend hit I'd be off the rails. I used to go out pretty much every friday straight from work which meant I had to have a big sarnie at lunchtime or I'd be tucked up in bed drunk by 9. I'd drink brandy and diet coke all evening, and more often than not stuff my face with something nice on way or when I arrived home. More than likely hitting 2-2500cals. Then on saturday I'd wake up with a craving for mcd's breakfast, maybe eat a bit of crap (crisps etc) then have a takeaway (chinese, indian) on the evening. Sundays would be along the lines of toast, then off to parents for one of my Moms sunday roasts.

When I look back now I feel sad that I didn't enjoy that period. I spent every fri to mon feeling like a complete failure cuz I'd gone off my diet, and every mon to thurs feeling scared for the weekend to come knowing I was going to fail? I was trying to get to 9 st instead of appreciating that I had managed to maintain for the first time in my life.

I dont confess to know much about the science of JUDDD but I'm totally sold on there being something in it after watching that fasting programme the other week and from some of the good reports I've read on here. I'm definately going to give it a go. The proof will be in the pudding tho eh! Oooh pudding..... I can't wait to eat one of my Moms lemon sponges.

I'll be sticking with CD for the time being tho as I am just to big to contemplate slowing down my weight loss at mo. I'm currently on day 69 (oo-er!) on ss'ing perfection now and vowed I would do 100, I kind of need to see that through - or my failure complex will kick in again! And I have a wedding on 15th Sept that I really really don't want to feel like a frumpy old cow at (is other halfs friend, so lots of his old mates will be there and I don't want to show him up!)

Caroline - I'll have a snoop round to find your JUDDD diary and follow it with interest for when my time comes! I'm really excited to give it a try. Big pat on the back to you and lil legs - you seem to have found the perfect balance especially with all the exercise. Always been my nemises!

Missy - like Caroline said earlier - I dont think CD is the diet for you cuz of your fab social life.

I had one of those once but somewhere along the line 'not cheating' started to feel more important to me than enjoying my life. I don't know how or why I let that happen, but it's proving very difficult to undo. I have completely lost confidence/interest in going out but with the big 4-0 fast approaching I am determined to fix that. They do say life begins at 40!

You all seem like lovely bubbly fun girls with lots of nice family and friends and lots going on in your lives. I think CD only works when you are 100%, and to be 100% on it you have to put 'real life' on the back burner - unless you're one of those weird people that can go out and not drink???

This is haping up to be another long ramble so I'm gonna post it before I lose it again!

Take care all x

im taking my hat and my clothes off to you with sticking to SS!!! Your amazing xxxx

I agree with everything you have said and love your honesty xxxx CD had defo made me scared of food and I hope it doesnt go any further and develop into anything nasty :( Wanna go over to juddd now but too scared and skint at the moment :( have loads of shakes to use and stuff x

Yoyo you are truly a gem of a person, what a lovely message. Congrats on he dedication to ss, u will def get results and ur commitment deserves to be rewarded. Pls come and drop in an chat with us more if u want to, u r a great motivator! My diary title is 'i want to be happy...' so if u can cope with my rambles feel free to nose through it :)

Dieting is v subjective but for me it was a good way to kick off my weight loss but not to keep it off. Hopefully juddd is the right way for me to continue my journey for getting those 8lbs i gained off and then maintaining. I certainly feel much happier and thats gotta count for something, so long as i do lose i don't care how long it takes really!

I walked in the door from my run and literally a min later the rain started! I shall take it as a sign that someone thinks im doing well and deserved not to get soaked lol. Just put my sweet pot in the oven to bake and now for a lovely hot shower, im a trifle whiffy! Xx

lil_legs said:
Haha caz you make me chuckle!!

I have been power sweeping and mopping, now stuck on the sofa as if the floor is lava and I can't stand on it (pls say it wasn't just me that did that as a kid?!)

Hahahahahaha! Noooo waaaay i totally used to play that game, although mine was a swamp! Pair of weirdos :) x

Caroline you gonna weight yourself before you go on hol? xxxx

im taking my hat and my clothes off to you with sticking to SS!!! Your amazing xxxx

I agree with everything you have said and love your honesty xxxx CD had defo made me scared of food and I hope it doesnt go any further and develop into anything nasty :( Wanna go over to juddd now but too scared and skint at the moment :( have loads of shakes to use and stuff x

Thank you! SS'ing somehow seems like a comfy pair of old slippers to me after so long.

I hear ya on the cost front. I always feel a bit shafted when I get home and put my £45 worth of 'food' in the fridge and it don't even take up half a shelf! I'll be in a similar predicament when I get to 14th Sept. My plan was to do diet chef for a couple of months but I'm keen to get started on JUDDD. Maybe I'll just eat 3 days worth of diet chef on every UD. That'll soon dwindle down my 2 cupboards full of supplies!

Thank you for posting such a lovely message :)

I take my hat off to you with your ss!! Amazing and over halfway there!! I hope you get the results you want, and deserve - I'm sure you will!!! Xxxx

Thanks x. I hope so too. Although the results I want change the closer I get. I'm always moving the goalposts - which is why I arrived at the 100 day thing rather than an ideal weight this time. On the 100th day I've got to stop no matter what weight I am.

When I started (this time around!) at a disgusting 13st I would have given my right arm to be 11. Now I'm 11 I am desperate to be 10, when I get to 10 I'll ......you get the picture.

Am never satisfied - which is how I got to 7 13 at one point (by all accounts I looked like an old crinkly faced hag) still thought I was fat tho!

You're doing great, I'm loving your 'not beating yourself up' mentality. I think that's the key to dieting success whichever plan following.

Back