Work Party Tonight

Maka

A New Woman
I am hoping to get away without eating anything at tonight's work party. I've only had a bar so far just in case I will have to have some chicken to shut nosey folk up. I'm taking along some cans of Coke Zero to sip through the evening. Got an hour to get ready left, so must go shower now. See you all later xxx

Hope it goes well Maka. I did a similar thing when I was at a work function when I did a VLCD last time. As I didn't want to draw attention to myself (I didn't know the people I was with) I took some chicken sandwiches, ate the chicken and tried to surreptitiously lose the bread on a disgarded plate :).

Hey - there are so many ways of not having to eat I've realised that people believe what u tell them most the time! On my work party I said I had a funny tummy and that worked well as I said I'd grab something plain later on which makes sense and also made it make sense that I drank loads of water n only had 2 drinks (I'd usually have nearer to 10!)

Anyways all in all don't do anything you would regret! But sounds like you have a great plan and of course - enjoy it! Yes we can have fun without food! And here's go a future of enjoying events for the company n not food n drinks mainly!!

Let us know how u get on

X

Lara1986 said:
Hey - there are so many ways of not having to eat I've realised that people believe what u tell them most the time!

X

Dont you think a lot of the time we think people will be more interested than they actually are lol. So many people fret about telling people they're on a VLCD and most of the time they tell them and it's a five minute wonder lol

I'm back and totally chuffed. I sipped my coke succesfully and enjoyed the gorgeous scents of the warm red wines everyone around me was having. Food was buffet style, and then everyone sat at the table so I picked a piece of chicken, some cucumber sticks and about 3 salt 'n vinegar crisps(really shouldn't have but couldn't find anything else to 'fill' my plate.

Like you said Starlight, the fact that I didn't drink wine and also had so little food on my plate was a 5 minute wonder.

But I had a light-bulb moment: when I wasn't on the diet, I would have spent most of the evening worrying that people wouldn't notice how often I returned to the buffet table. I was SO-O-O-O food focused.
Tonight, I was really part of the conversation and actually talked to people who I've been working with for 3 months now and have hardly gone beyond the cursory "Good morning".

I hope the coating on the chicken won't knock me out of ketosis. It was either bbq or hickory...I couldn't quite tell.
I am hungry, but I'm not sure if I should have a pack because I may go over my calories. Maybe some decaff coffee, another 500ml of water and I'll call it a day.

THANK YOU for the support tonight girls. It was kindda warming that I got home and my diet pals had left me messages xxx

Starlight said:
Dont you think a lot of the time we think people will be more interested than they actually are lol. So many people fret about telling people they're on a VLCD and most of the time they tell them and it's a five minute wonder lol

Ha that's so true - its even less of a big deal if jus say I cut carbs as people have heard of that and its kind of the truth! People worry about themselves ultimately!

Well done hun sounds like u did really well food wise but it's really interesting how we focus on food so much usually that we can almost forget the other joys n I'm glad u discovered them tonight x

Well done - sounds like you had fun and you must be really proud of youself
xx

Yeah, I tell everyone I'm on a VLCD and after explaining what it is (it's known as the milkshake diet where I work as there are 2 of us on VLCDs :)) after 5 minutes of being interested most people aren't bothered after that. Most people have heard of someone who has done LL or one of the common ones although hearing about how those people have all put it back on is not so good! A few people have asked us how it's going but to be honest we've just got on with it. I wouldn't want to have a explain to people I've never met before though and hence had the protein out of the sandwiches on that particular day :).

Well done Maka. I'm sure you'll be fine - you hardly ate a doorstep sandwich after all :). Keep focusing those last 2lbs for Xmas. :) I know I am.

I like your lightbulb moment - it's so true if you step back and look at habbits that get you to where you are. You've made me stop and think, I am so nervous of people noticing in the new year when I start - yet I will sit and eat junk at my desk feeling self consious - it deff seems better the other way around!

Happy for you that you did so awesome at the party.

Back