Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

Wow! Can't wait to try this!!
Can someone tell me how pittas work as a HEB please.

Is it a regular size/small, can you have any/wholemeal?

I know this is not allowed, but would also be nice on a wrap for the syns!

thank you!! x

Nin go to user CP at the top of the page and click on edit avatar thats where you add it :)

I couldn't find lean mince lamb, so I just bought Morrisons own make. I then put it on a rack in the oven so all the fat drained out. I allowed a couple of syns just in case though.

HEB pittas are the wholemeal ones from co-op.

I've just made up this recipe using lean mince beef and it is sat in the fridge waiting to be cooked tonight. Will let you know me and hubbies verdict.

If you're interested in how I make my garlic mayo, I use vlf mayo mixed with vlf natural yoghurt and fresh garlic crushed in the garlic press. Using natural yoghurt with the vlf mayo means it is less syns and it also gives it more of a garlic sauce consistency-perfect for kebabs :D

I can't wait to make this!! Sounds really lovely and can't believe I haven't seen it here before! The garlic mayo sounds gorge too! I honesty don't understand why it's so hard to get extra lean lamb mince when the equivalent in beef/pork are readily available! Sooo annoying! It's fine when doing moussaka etc when you can drain the fat off, but when making burgers, meatballs and this recipe it's just no good!! Grrrwww! Disgruntled Miniminner!! Might send a stroppy email to all the butchers and supermarkets in UK lol!X

Maybe the sheep should join SW :)

well i didnt make doner kebab i made a chicken one which was AMAZING!!

But i wanted to inform how i made the garlic sauce as it was brrrrrilliant!!

I just mixed 5 tbs of vlf yoghurt with the juice of 1/2 a small lemon, 2 garlic cloves (crushed and chopped into tiny pieces), 1 tbsp light mayo (2 syns) and season with salt and pepper!

I added a few tbsps of water to make it runny like my local kebab shop!!

Its served 3 so far and there's plenty left so its 0.5 syn per serving!! xx

Pesty that sounds lovely I will be trying that this weekend :)
xx

I just mixed 5 tbs of vlf yoghurt with the juice of 1/2 a small lemon, 2 garlic cloves (crushed and chopped into tiny pieces), 1 tbsp light mayo (2 syns) and season with salt and pepper!

What did you do with the chicken?
Thanks for the garlic sauce recipe, look lush.. going to try it this weekend :)

It was yummy, quite strong on the garlic side tho so i'd maybe add one and then taste to see if you want to add the other one!

Chicken wise i marinated some cubes in yoghurt with 3 tbsps mild curry powder and 1/2 tsp hot curry powder (i dont like mine too spicy!!) Left them for 30 minutes and then fryed them in a pan until cooked through! (I ran out of skewers!!)

xx

I had this the other night and it was gorgeous, it was very similar to the real thing only minus the grease. We had homemade coleslaw and SW chips with it .

OMG, this is definitely going on my food list for next week!! Cant wait, nom nom.

That really does sound lovely Pesty hun, I'll have to give this a bash!!X

Sounds delicious. Is this free on EE too? How did you make the low syn garlic sauce?

Back