Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Lilypad, 10 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Lilypad

Lilypad Full Member

Just had my first shake EVER, vanilla mixed with coffee and it was more than bearable, had tortured myself by reading different threads of everyones opinions on them and was dreading trying it, but it was ok, can't wait to try the others now :)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. tootsie

tootsie Silver Member

Hi Lilypad

I had Caramel this morning which most people dont like, I added teaspoon of coffee to it and that was really nice also.

How do you feel today?

Toots x
  4. Ajax

Ajax Finally...Life begins

Goal Weight:
    I think most of the flavours on CD are lovely, I think everyone expects them to taste horrible!
  5. Lilypad

Lilypad Full Member

Thanks both for replying, I cut down on carbs and calories for 3 days before starting so, touch wood, I feel ok at the mo. Have looked at the clock and realised I need to get 3 more packs down in the next 7 hours or so so need to crack on, will try caramel next!
  6. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Supportive

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Good Luck Lily,
    You are on a road to great success just stay focused and strong and before you know it you will be 2 weeks in!!
    I look forward to reading your posts!
    Keep glugging the water and be prepared to be going to the toilet a few times in the night.
    Lots of slimming luck,

7. tubby

tubby Member

Lighter Life
    How do you turn the shakes into a mouse?

8. slinkytobe

slinkytobe Full Member

:) Hi Lily
    If you think they aren't too bad now you will be fine. I normally love everything I eat no matter what it is. There are very few things I don't like (unfortunately!) but when I had the Thai chilli soup and the Choc shake I really didn't like them. I have had them since and quite enjoyed them, so they do get better.
    Try the Vanilla without the coffee but with lots of ice - it's delicious! Well done by the way for preparing yourself for the diet by cutting out the carbs. I didn't think of that. I'm on day 3 and feel a bit headachey.
    Sorry tubby don't know how to make mousse. I think you just add less water a bit like a paste. I have seen loads of recepes somewhere on here but can't remember where. I think Icemoose did them. The list was quite impressive!
  9. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    measure up
    Of course everyones tastes are different and it is trial and error to find which flavours you can drink. Good luck with your weight loss journey
  10. Lilypad

Lilypad Full Member

Well I've had the caramel, again mixed in some coffee and it was nice and I had a Thai Chilli soup with a ton of tobasco and pepper, and again, quite palatable ;-) But I mixed my soup (and the shakes but they were fine) in my smoothie maker and it was very frothy, not good, so, does anyone have a fail safe method for making lump free froth free soup?
  11. slinkytobe

slinkytobe Full Member

:) Well, what I do Lily is put the powder in a mug with a bit of cold water. Mix it to a paste and make sure there aren't any lumps left. Then pour boiling water in it bit by bit whilst stirring.
    There may be a few little lumps in but better than great big globules! Yuk!
  12. CLUCKS

CLUCKS Full Member

best soup

Best soups come with the following:

1 saucepan
    1 wooden spoon
    1 soup sachet

Mix the satchet up in the pan with a little cold tap water to a smooth paste, then add more so it becomes runny, then add hot water stiring continuously. Pop pan on the heat & turn up until its all warm through (your not meant to let it boil as nutrients can be lost).
    This method will deliver you PERFECT lump free soup, I can personally guarantee it :D :D :D, I have soup every day so trust me :cool:
  13. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

:D :D :D Have no idea, Dawn!!! They must be really something though if they can be turned into animals!!!! :D :D

If, however, you would prefer a "mousse" to a mouse, then you need to use Mix-a-Mousse which is an instant gelatine powder available from your CDC.

Good luck and enjoy your Mouse!!! :D

P.S: sorry if I sound facetious (sp??) but I couldn't resist the mouse thing!! Believe me, my intentions are honourable!!! :)
  14. ShugMonkey

ShugMonkey Member

Just tried the crisps...............fantastic. Used the Thai Chiili with a touch of tabasco. I could live on them.

15. CLUCKS

CLUCKS Full Member

I love the crisps too - mushroom great and are chicken! xxx
  16. meghan1409

meghan1409 Full Member

Gotta say guys, the best method for mixing the soups/sweet drinks is a £5 Tesco value hand held blender.

Put the foodpack in a mug, fill with boiling water about halfway up - blend - then fill to the top and stir. I have no lumps whatsoever, and no froth.
  17. tubby

tubby Member

Lighter Life
    Hi Diva,
    I am from Scotland get mixed up with "moose loose abot this hoose lol"

18. Avatar Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. slinkytobe

slinkytobe Full Member

:)Yes you can also get a mini battery operated whisk from Ikea for £1. Haven't put batteries in it yet but it will be great to take when I'm out. Hope it works!
  20. slinkytobe

slinkytobe Full Member

Hiya Tubby,
    How are you getting on today?
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.