www.wheels4wayne.com...!

Only just caught up on this, so sorry to hear about your bro sonks, sending you big cyber hugs, and wishing him a speedy recovery.xxx

Well the dr came this afternoon and it was decided the best thing to do was a tracheostomy as he wasnt tolerating the tube down the throat as he was being woken up. They have taken him off the muscle relaxant drugs so he will hopefully be awake by the morning. He is tolerating the "trache" as he slowly comes round, and as he is still not able to breathe properley this will back him up.
So a bigger step in the right direction .....at last ....well keep your fingers crossed.

:D :D :D :D

Everything's crossed for you hun, glad to hear it's a step in the right direction. Hope he has a good night & continues to make progress

xxxx

He woke up late last night, he is very confused and agitated. He thinks he is in the hospital he was taken to initially, but he was transferred the same day of the accident. He does not know why he is in hospital or how long he has been in for. I was going to visit today but as he was so distressed I left it as family in nottm will be there anyway....... oh well hopefully he will calm down soon.

WOW mate what amazing support xxx
You know how close i feel to you and your boys and how much of an effect your dear bro had on me last year , im always hear for you ALL through good and bad , always and forever xxx Your such a special friend to me and mine xxx New start in the morning mate and im sure W.... we be alot more calmer and settled tonight , it is a wonder the nurses dont know your name ! The car is outside you just need to shout and we will be there ...sorry its not a 'jet' xxx BIG HUGS xxx

Yeh thanx Sam I wouldn`t of got this far if it wasn`t from everyones support......shame miserable old grumpy husband can`t be more understanding....!
Was thinking about going next sunday but im not too sure yet....it would be better to go up sat night, if can find somewhere to kip then have fresh start sun morning for drive home later that day......but its an idea for now.

hey Sonkie, sounds like some good improvement on your brother. Hopefully he will get his bearing and be less confused soon. Thats one of the major disadvantages of being doped up so much! I hope he improves a lot more in time for your visit and we can all read the good news on here!

I rang the hospital this morning and Wayne is much calmer and had a pretty good night. He is breathing for himself with the trache`in still through which he is still getting 30% oxygen. But he doing much better.
Once over this complication he will be transferred up to Sheffield spinal unit for "rehab".

Good to hear some positive news Sonkie - lets hope there will be lots more in the coming days.

Love Barb xxx

Good to hear some positive news Sonkie - lets hope there will be lots more in the coming days.

Love Barb xxx

I am on a real high today, my brother is improving steadily (touch wood.....oh ok my head), so I am now 100% committed to lt too.....I have not felt this good for over a week now.....wahoo sonkie is on a roll

My Mum always touches her head when she says touch wood and says ' Tree of knowledge' - good one huh?

Love Barb

It really does sound like he is improving Sonkie - that's fantastic! The human body is a blimming marvellous thing, I'm amazed on a daily basis by it's ability to recover and heal.

And I haven't said this before, but good for you for not going totally 'off plan', it would have been so easy to do that. Well done!

And I haven't said this before, but good for you for not going totally 'off plan', it would have been so easy to do that. Well done![/quote]

I went to get weighed today and have lost 3lbs so Im pleased as I had been picking on bits of ham and didnt take my packs up in the hospital.

Other bro just rang, Wayne is doing well, drs are pleased with his progress and hopefully will be taking him off ventilator tomo if all goes well overnight........YES !

Fantastic news!!!!!

Drs have told him he will not be able to walk again due to the damage done to his spinal cord.......but it could of been so much more worse ......if you think about. Knowing Wayne he is so strong and has never let anything hold him back so I know he will progress as far as he is physically able.

Back