x Nee x - Operation Princess - Get into the 15's by end of September!!!

Thanks Judith :)

Im going tesco's first thing to get some healthy goodies so will see what I can find, but I have done the cabbage soup diet (in pill form) and made me feel sick everytime I swallowed one - vile things!!!

Today has gone well, consumed 900 cals so relatively happy with that, but need to bring it down a little to achieve my goal!!

Day 2 of official diet tomorrow and hoping for another good day :)

Hi Nee, good luck with your weight loss mission xx

Im am sitting on my sofa, Still in my Pjs and feeling very warm and content - loving it, its raining outside and I was planning on a LONG walk with Milly today but in this weather...hmmm thinking not, So I might put some music on and dance for abit and try some step stuff on the stairs hee hee

Yesterday I had about about 900-950 Calories, I tried to cook our own Chicken Korma and it didnt go to plan so I had probably a quarter of my dinner, which to be honest was a good thing in terms of calories

Plan for today is to get as near to 800 calories and introduce more fibre into my diet...so far I have consumed 398 cal's so allows 402 for tonights dinner and any snack like fruit/cereal bar or what ever I feel I need, If I can crack this today and carry it on my calories will be almost about right.

Fingers crossed for lowering the cal's today!! Next weigh in on Friday and that will be my official weigh in day from now on.

Happy with my calories for today managed to get to 850 and not hungry :) Tomorrow I will make it to 800!!

Going to my friends for dinner tomorrow night and she has said she will cook something under 300 calories YAY!!

Hopefully in a month or so, Ill see some benefits and get me in proper diet mode. I can do this.

I do NOT want to be a fat Bridesmaid, Friend or girlfriend, I WANT to feel good, believe in myself and acheive this long goal I have forever dreamed of!!

Thinking I need to sort out a new doctors, so I can keep a check on my weight journey as I am restricting calories it was agreed back in bournemouth with my GP so now I have moved I must remember :)

Hi Nee - you are doing so well. Here's some positive thinking:

You will NOT be a fat Bridesmaid, Friend or girlfriend, you WILL feel good, believe in yourself and acheive this long goal you have forever dreamed of!!

Go girl
x

I think today went pretty well, I had cereal for lunch (no milk) (175 cals) and a flump (30cals and no fat) then went to my friends for dinner and had chicken fajitas with salad and instead of salsa for sauce I had salad cream works out about 150 calories for each and I had 4 (600 cals) so all in I had 805 calories today :)

Hope tomorrow is the same, but must get more fibre involved!!

Woo Ne you are doing really good, cannot imagine surviving on such little food- are you sure this doesn't lead to body going into starvation mode? I don;t know much about low cal stuff (ww and pointing I know all about!) so you prob know all of it already. Fajitas I love! might actually make them this week... and 150 cals each you say? is salso higher cals than salad cream, i love salsa so i am not giving that up! hahaha

Nee, if you aren't keen on cabbage there are a few other veggie soups you could try that would put up your fibre, count towards your water intake and are very low in cals. Look up WW garden veg soup. You can make mulligatawny with courgettes/marrows with gives you a curry hit. Or carrot and orange. Just let me know if you need recipes and I'll dig them out. Otherwise just stick a load of "free" veg in a pan with a stock cube and water and any herbs you fancy. Boil for about 30-40 mins and blend. Also worth keeping a couple of Simfast-type shakes at work in case you get caught without your lunch. That way you know you've had exactly the right amount of cals. You've made a great start. xx

Good luck Nee! I was a fat bridesmaid for my sister and I hate seeing the pictures :( so know exactly where your coming from.

I reckon you could still look slim at a heavier weight then 8 stone though, Im only a inch taller then you and I looked slim at 10stone, it wasnt until I got passed 11 and a half stone that I started looking fat. I made the mistake of aiming for a stone a month weight loss and I really fell off the wagon when I didnt hit my targets because I kept feeling like I had failed, now Im aiming for 7lbs a month and have changed my mind set, the way I see it, is its been nearly 10 years the weights been coming on and I expected to lose it all in under 8 months! So even if you only get half way to your target, just think your be a lot smaller then if you hadnt of tried really hard to diet at all!

Woo Ne you are doing really good, cannot imagine surviving on such little food- are you sure this doesn't lead to body going into starvation mode? I don;t know much about low cal stuff (ww and pointing I know all about!) so you prob know all of it already. Fajitas I love! might actually make them this week... and 150 cals each you say? is salso higher cals than salad cream, i love salsa so i am not giving that up! hahaha

I suppose the starvation mode does kick in but I did refer to a docs about doing this and they agreed, so on their heads be it :)

Nee, if you aren't keen on cabbage there are a few other veggie soups you could try that would put up your fibre, count towards your water intake and are very low in cals. Look up WW garden veg soup. You can make mulligatawny with courgettes/marrows with gives you a curry hit. Or carrot and orange. Just let me know if you need recipes and I'll dig them out. Otherwise just stick a load of "free" veg in a pan with a stock cube and water and any herbs you fancy. Boil for about 30-40 mins and blend. Also worth keeping a couple of Simfast-type shakes at work in case you get caught without your lunch. That way you know you've had exactly the right amount of cals. You've made a great start. xx

Yes Id love the recipes hun, but make sure there easy as im definately no chef hee hee

Good luck Nee! I was a fat bridesmaid for my sister and I hate seeing the pictures :( so know exactly where your coming from.

I reckon you could still look slim at a heavier weight then 8 stone though, Im only a inch taller then you and I looked slim at 10stone, it wasnt until I got passed 11 and a half stone that I started looking fat. I made the mistake of aiming for a stone a month weight loss and I really fell off the wagon when I didnt hit my targets because I kept feeling like I had failed, now Im aiming for 7lbs a month and have changed my mind set, the way I see it, is its been nearly 10 years the weights been coming on and I expected to lose it all in under 8 months! So even if you only get half way to your target, just think your be a lot smaller then if you hadnt of tried really hard to diet at all!

I agree, 8 stone may not be right, but thats what I would love to be at least once and work out from there where I feel best.

I am aiming for the lot in 10 months but am also under the realisation this is a huge challenge, especially as I do lose track quite often, but even if I shift enough to get around 14 stone ish I know I would feel so much better than now so thats my highest weight I want to be.

------------------------------------------------

Another good day for me think my total is 775 cals for today yet I nipped on the scales this morning and was up 2lbs!! But lady time in motion so hoping thats the blame but now have it in my head that I will gain on friday!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow now

x

Hiya Nee - keep your eye on the prize hun! That's some motivation, you'll look fantastic in those wedding pics next year!!! :)
You're 3 inches taller than me! I've set my goal weight at 8st 7lbs (I reached this a few years ago after loosing 6 stone & then I didn't so much as fall down a slippery slope as hurl mysef off!!) anyways, I digress, at our ''ickle'' height I loved being 8 & 1/2 stone, slim but not skinny, still room for a few curves!!
PS - I'd love to be your height, then maye my jeans wouldn't always be just those few inches too long!! lol
Well I'm hoping I'll be able to join your lil community as I really really need some support to drag myself back to the good ole me!!!

Ok Nee, (and anyone else who needs them):

1. Mulligatawny for 4 ( a recipe from 1840!) : Few squirts of spray lite, 3 large onions chopped, 700gm cubed courgette or marrow, 1chopped carrot, tin of toms, 575 ml boiling water with a good quality stock cube, 1 dessertspoon of Worcestershire sauce, 1 tspn Madras curry powder, S&P to taste. You can also add some cayenne pepper for extra bite and/or garam marsala towards the end.

Fry the onions in the spray lite until brown-ish. Add courgettes and carrot and toms and s&P. Cook for about 20-30 mins until all soft. Blend to puree and put back in pan with stock, worcester sauce and curry powder. Gently bring back to simmer and cook for 5 mins. You can mess with spices according to taste. Traditonally this always had cooked rice in it but I don't think it needs it. I serve it with a bit of chopped onion and a swirl of yoghurt.

2. Carrot and Orange: 1 chopped onion, 3 carrots chopped, zest of half orange (if using fresh), juice of 1 orange/equiv in carton juice, 1/2pt stock, 1/4 pint of skimmed milk (can try without this), 1 bay leaf, S&P, pinch of cayenne.

Fry the onion in a little spray lite, add carrots and fry for few mins. Add rest of ingrediants and simmer for 30 mins. Remove bay leaf before blending. Traditionally served with fresh coriander altho I sometimes put a little frozen coriander in the soup instead.

Let me know how you get on. xx

Last edited:
Hiya Nee - keep your eye on the prize hun! That's some motivation, you'll look fantastic in those wedding pics next year!!! :)
You're 3 inches taller than me! I've set my goal weight at 8st 7lbs (I reached this a few years ago after loosing 6 stone & then I didn't so much as fall down a slippery slope as hurl mysef off!!) anyways, I digress, at our ''ickle'' height I loved being 8 & 1/2 stone, slim but not skinny, still room for a few curves!!
PS - I'd love to be your height, then maye my jeans wouldn't always be just those few inches too long!! lol
Well I'm hoping I'll be able to join your lil community as I really really need some support to drag myself back to the good ole me!!!

For what its worth hun, My trousers are always too long...sooo annoying (sitting at my desk with the bottoms of my trousers draping under my boots ;) )

Good luck on your journey, you can do this xx

how's today go Nee?

Alls ok hun, feeling a little mopey today :( Frustration I think!!

Judith - Thanks for the recipe's xx

Weighed this morning and I am up 2lbs....So not happy, Can it really be that when on Lady time you gain or what? I dont know :(

Gutted!

Weighed this morning and I am up 2lbs....So not happy, Can it really be that when on Lady time you gain or what? I dont know :(

Gutted!

I have this fantasy that scientists don't understand weight at all and that really it is as "factual" as (say) the bible. We;ve all been fed (sic) this mantra of cals-exercise-bmi-diet that seems to make sense but is often contra-indicated by our experience. I particularly think this applies to the role that water takes both in terms of how much we are recommended to consume and how much our bodies store. I remember years ago watching a documentary on recovery programmes for anorexics where they got this poor girl to weigh herself, then she drank a pint of water and weighed herself again: she'd put on weight. The doctor was trying to show her how unstable weight is but all I thought was that he'd taught her to reduce how much water she drank as well!

And some foods just seem to have too many calories. For example an ounce of butter has 203 cals so a pound of butter has 3248 cals and a pound of body fat is 3600 cals. This would mean that when you consume butter it almost directly and completely converts to body fat! Now I just don't believe that: the process of digesting it must take out something and there is water in butter. BUT, having said all of that, I know in my head that if I exercise more and eat less I lose weight: just not at the rate that the science suggests. So I just have to stick with that: rant over.

Nee, if you really know you are eating less and exercising more, you have to believe you are losing weight. Try to monitor it over say 4 wks instead of over a week but let the scales tell you when you need to try a bit harder.

I posted somewhere else some months ago about my view of the BMR (cals you need to maintain your weight). Mine is 2300 (supposedly) so if I eat 1300 per day I should lose 2lbs per week. Now for the BMR, there are no free foods: everything counts, even celery and lettuce. I think my body doesn't take much notice if I go a bit under, so down to (maybe) 1900 it's not going to surrender any fat. Now if I stick to 1300 for 3 days + est 150 for "free" foods and then on the 4th day I have a treat and have 1600/1700 cals + free foods, I think my body thinks over the 4 days: "ok, thats enough for me to manage on, I don't need to bother my fat deposits". And thats why my weight doesn't budge except maybe a pound over the 2 weeks.

We should be really glad that our bodies want to look after us so well, bless 'em. In another time/country this could have been the difference between life and death. But its not going to stop me trying to get the better of mine.

Off to see Made In Dagenham tonight. But no popcorn for me. Have a great day, Wemitts, xx

Thanks Judith, thats a great post :)

I understand some peoples comments on the topic of consuming calories, but I can honestly say unless its via the form of a takeaway I struggle to consume a mass amount of calories,and in my head in order to lose I MUST restrict myself

Do I deserve to eat the nice things....yes but only healthy choices...whats so wrong with salad and white meats and fruit instead of cake? What is it that draws us in to these addictive tastes?

Does the body really send us into starvation mode and does your body really stop losing weight when consuming so much per day for so long?

Hmmm The mind boggles!

Either way I will carry on, Bizarely I did eat a sandwich for lunch (Egg & Cress) and Im struggling to keep my eyes open ha ha.... carbs huh!

Stick at it Nee, the weight WILL come off, my weight went up 2lbs midweek when it was TOTM, by the weekend when the dreaded blob had passed it was down 3.5lbs... so thats 5.5lbs if u count the midweek gain but 3.5lbs from my last official weigh day, if that makes sense?

Yes that makes sense, lets hope its the case for me too :)

Judith, the labelling on foods is how much heat they produce when burnt. It takes no account of what energy contribution that food makes to our bodies. For example, something high in insoluble fibre will state more calories on the packaging than it will actually contribute to our diet. I believe Weightwatchers takes this into account when allocating points.

So with the butter, as it is so fatty, you probably don't even absorb all the fat and some of it might just pass through you. Depending on how well you as an individual digest fat, that is.

Back