x Nee x - Operation Princess - Get into the 15's by end of September!!!

Nee, if you watch "The Biggest Loser", (which sadly I have in the past!) often the contestants will have a low loss week, (after low calorie intakes and hours in the gym), or even two weeks, followed by a high loss week- a cycle seems to develop for some, (not all), but if you compare their losses to the other contestants that lose ok amounts weekly, they end up the same after a month or so.
There is so much about our bodies we don't understand. You know you are doing all the right things, it will happen! Try not to put too much pressure on any weigh in, it can get very discouraging, and you don't want to lose the weight this week, you want it in several months time. Even if it doesn't show up on the scales, something is happening, and will announce itself soon/soonish!
Have faith, sweet girl! (You are doing a great job!)

Judith, great post.

I give up on the science. It seems to go around in circles.
For me, If i only ate when I was hungry I'd be thinner.

For me its all in my head.
Nee, I'm sorry sweetheart, not that that's going to help. I do agree with the others- give it time.
You know how I feel about very low calorie diets, but I am behind you 100%.
Is there anything in a practical way that we can do to help you right now to achieve your goal?

remember the goal...

Thanks for your comments, and dont worry I havent given up just thought I would have at least STS but no I had a gain, and then yesterday I weighed and was up another 1lb.

Weighed this morning and Im down 2lbs so maybe it was just the TOTM....I hope!!

Either way i cant let it stop me I just have to carry on, one of my constant issues is giving up if the scales dont go my way but I wont let it this time.

Today I am having a happy day, I got up watched xfactor, did some tidying and discussed with the OH what were gonna do with the garden as we have no lawn mower then had a knock on the door about 10 mins later from about 6 kids offering to cut the grass for £3 AWESOME :D so now have cut grass, they even cleaned my downstairs windows hee hee

This afternoon, me and OH took the dogs out for an hour and Im now cooking jacket potatoes for dinner YUM :)

Lets just hope I see some change by friday!!!

Have a lovely Sunday, Nee and keep your chin up. I've gone back to weighing a lot of stuff because I don't trust myself with the guessing. And I've noticed that my portions were generous: do you have any kitchen scales? I wished you lived nearer because I have a spare strimmer and spare scales.

I've followed your advice ready to go out tonight: I have some soup to drink just before I go and a salad made up to take with me. I put a bit extra low-cal mayo in for a treat and I'm taking a WW choccie pud too. So you know how to do it otherwise you wouldn't be helping me. Just keep doing what you're doing. xx

Have a lovely Sunday, Nee and keep your chin up. I've gone back to weighing a lot of stuff because I don't trust myself with the guessing. And I've noticed that my portions were generous: do you have any kitchen scales? I wished you lived nearer because I have a spare strimmer and spare scales.

I've followed your advice ready to go out tonight: I have some soup to drink just before I go and a salad made up to take with me. I put a bit extra low-cal mayo in for a treat and I'm taking a WW choccie pud too. So you know how to do it otherwise you wouldn't be helping me. Just keep doing what you're doing. xx

Good on you for preparing, Im very proud of you :D let me know how you did and I really hope you manage to withold the takeaways and not too much alchohol!

and thank you xx

I dont have any kitchen scales or anything really, I weigh using very small coffee/tea mugs and when I say small they are definately not 'mugs' hee hee

Hi, just got in and I did great (rubbish at poker but great at the eating). I ate my salad when the others had chips, chicken, kebabs and really enjoyed it. I passed on the Doritos and Quality Street being passed around and drank no alcohol. How cool is that! I am so proud of me. Big pat on the back for me. Thanks for the support - hope you had a good nite too. xx

Well done Judith :D

So proud of you, bet you feel so good from that, and also see itsnot that bizare either to take something with you, woo hoo hope you can do it next time too xxx

How does this happen??

What a day!!!

OH has been offered a job, so proud of him, and means were going to be well on our way on the road to recovery!! Eaten well today and had around 1000 cals!

Things have changed so much in this last 6 weeks, I feel like im not even here, that this cant be the way and how did I land?, I didnt realise I had left!!

Do things really happen for a reason? Are some people really thrown in the deep end to learn their errors so that they can correct them?

The world can be a very funny place, lots to learn and lots to see!!

Dissappointed, gutted and angry!!

Had an Indian takeaway, felt so stuffed that I then went on to eat a whole packet of Giant buttons!!!

Why did I do it??

Although maybe it will kick some weight loss, stranger things have happened, can I now sacrifice a day or 2 of eating to compensate... I wish!!

Dissappointed, gutted and angry!!

Had an Indian takeaway, felt so stuffed that I then went on to eat a whole packet of Giant buttons!!!

Why did I do it??

Although maybe it will kick some weight loss, stranger things have happened, can I now sacrifice a day or 2 of eating to compensate... I wish!!

Oh nee, you silly billy. Was this OH's idea or did you just need an indian "fix". And stuffing down the buttons I can totally relate to. Its hard to find the off switch once the binge head gets into gear. Can you work out what bought it on? Can you learn anything about how not to do this next time? That way you would get something out of it instead of just feeling guilty. xx

Oh nee, you silly billy. Was this OH's idea or did you just need an indian "fix". And stuffing down the buttons I can totally relate to. Its hard to find the off switch once the binge head gets into gear. Can you work out what bought it on? Can you learn anything about how not to do this next time? That way you would get something out of it instead of just feeling guilty. xx

Sadly it was my idea, I think I was having a hungry day but had stayed controlled at work, then got to about 3.30pm and I messaged the OH and said I felt like being naughty, even right up to ordering I was saying I shouldnt but I still picked up the phone, and ordered it, finished my plate clean and then dived in to my buttons!!

I dont know how to stop this, this is why I wish I didnt have to eat at all!! I dont want temptation as I know I cant control it!

Nee, if anyone knew why this happens and could stop it they would be multi-millionaires. What is it that happens to us? Suddenly no motivation means anything and all we can think of is stuffing food into our faces. And most of the time, we don't even taste it. Freud would probably say its filling a deep rooted emptiness that originated in our childhood. Cognitive behavioural theory would probably say that our thoughts are dysfunctional leading to damaging habitual behaviour: if we can learn to think differently, we'll behave differently. F*ck knows! All I know is that I'm an expert in addictive behaviour and I've seen people recover from heroin and crack habits that have a better handle on this stuff than we do! But talking and sharing is always going to be good so why not have a ramble on here/in a pm and see if that helps. thinking of you hun, xxx

I back everything Jud says, Nee.

Are you ok?
How are you feeling today?
No consolation, but I'm in the middle of a 4 day binge. Reason: tiredness.
I'm trying to block it today by having lemon and ginger tea right away, then a smoothie as I drive 1 hour to work. That will hopefully return eating to normal rather than binge-starve-binge-starve of past few days. I've gained 4 lbs.

So, you are not alone. But you (and I) need to just mind ourselves today, not punish, but be watchful about how we are feelign and why.

I still have no idea why I did it, other than I got the naughty thought in my head and BAM before I knew it I was ordering and feeling guilty from the offset!

I do feel upset by it, because Im already having too much per day anyway...especially if I want to lose between 4-10 stone in 10 months

My plan for today is to have very little, I have a bottle of orange diluted with water, a bottle of Pepsi max, a raspberry crush slimfast and a flump!!

Im am going to try not to go any shops, snack vans and keep myself away from distraction, If I can get through today and not be stupid and really minimise my calorie intake, maybe I can at least STS friday or if im lucky have a loss.

I have read before that having the odd 'BAD' food can actually spur on a kick to weight loss and Im hoping as I have been good for 2 or so weeks maybe it will do the same for me??

I cant let it make me feel like this, I just want to know how to stop myself when I am in that mind frame that I cant stop myself from eating it/ordering it??

How do you learn to stop?

10.30am... feeling hungry already!!!

Hmmm didnt go quite as planned, had the slimfast, a packet of french fries and a yoghurt and my flump = 489 calories!! so tonight im thinking I will have 2 small yorkshires with a plate of veg and gravy and try and keep it as low calorie wise as possible!!

Nee, you know that starving yourself is not going to be a solution cos it will make you feel down. Down = miserable = need compensation = "what can I have as a treat?" = now its in my head I can't get it out = damn, I may as well just give in = stuff my face =......Down and round we go again. This is how we spiral down into a binge period and why its so hard to get out of.

Why not plan a week's menus separate to OH? Have a really tasty meal each nite, perhaps home-made alternating with ready meals. Get all the stuff in so you're committed to it and won't want to waste the food you've bought. And if you then get cravings you can go and cook the food you've planned. A couple of days ago I had my supper at 6pm instead of 8pm cos I was convinced I was hungry. Then at 9pm I had a hot choc to tide me over to bed. Use loads of veg and have your treats planned like your flumps and french fries (the crisps I hope you mean).

You can get this back on track - I know you can. Just keep thinking about that bridesmaid dress and how chuffed you'll feel in ten years when you look back at the beautiful photos. xx

Nee, you have already lost 2 stone this year according to the goal list in your sig. That's really good! I am sure you'll manage to repeat that success and make it a total of 4 stone (or even more) by this time next year, just as soon as you have your diet settled again :)

Thanks Judith and Inge Jones, I know I can get there, minimum I want off is 4 stone by then but I have to aim for the maximum of course.

Feeling abit better tonight, although I had more than I had planned today tonight I had 1 small cup of pasta with peas and carrots and a little bit of chicken and a curly wurley, so think I was around 900 calories for today, I hope.

Lets see what tomorrow brings

x

Last edited:
Back