x's wanting to get into y's - thread clutter

mandy296

Silver Member
Is it just me, or are all these threads about people wanting to get into the next stone bracket cluttering up the front page of the main forum a bit?

I've no problem with the threads themselves, just wondered if they'd be better place in the teams sub-forum, or a new sub-forum entirely (or is that a sub-forum to far???)

Anyone agree? Or am I just being a grumpy boots!!:p

I think it'd make sense to create a sub-forum for them, as there are lots of them now. Nothing grumpy about it - it'll just make things easier to find (esp those particular threads).

I was thinking that myself today.... there are other threads with questions are being unanswered because the page is moving so fast...

Leave it with me ;)

Personally I am not a big fan of these threads. It just seems to me that hints, tips and advice that appears in these threads would be of as much use to people in other weight ranges who may not see it if they don't visit them. It seems like the main board has been a lot quieter of late because the activity is going on in these threads instead and I find that rather disappointing. The only exception would be the maintenance thread because that advice is particular to a certain group of people.

"Onwards And Downwards"

I know what you mean Circes, but at the same time it is useful for those at a particular weight to find a group of people at around the same point as them to share part of their weight loss journey with. The "Lots to Loose" (sic) thread has been a particularly successful one, I think because people who have a lot to lose feel happier talking with people in a similar situation. These other newer threads are only a variation on the theme.

I think there will be a lot of traffic as people move down the brackets of people moving across groups and so I dont think its appropriate for the "teams" section because it doesnt quite fit that criteria. Some will stay in one section longer than others do.

At least if they get their own subforum then they can be kept out of the main part of the board and those that dont want to read them can avoid them and see the stuff that they do want to read.

Last edited:
"Onwards And Downwards"

I know what you mean Circes, but at the same time it is useful for those at a particular weight to find a group of people at around the same point as them to share part of their weight loss journey with. The "Lots to Loose" (sic) thread has been a particularly successful one, I think because people who have a lot to lose feel happier talking with people in a similar situation. These other newer threads are only a variation on the theme.

I think there will be a lot of traffic as people move down the brackets of people moving across groups and so I dont think its appropriate for the "teams" section because it doesnt quite fit that criteria. Some will stay in one section longer than others do.

At least if they get their own subforum then they can be kept out of the main part of the board and those that dont want to read them can avoid them and see the stuff that they do want to read.

Totally agree. I'd love to see the "lots to loose" (sic) off the front page too, but thats cos I'm a spelling and grammar nazi (I just cannot read that thread title without repeating it in my head exactly as its spelt - drives me mad it does!):mad:

I like "Onwards and Downwards" too - although that doesnt really fit for the maintainers thread...

Totally agree. I'd love to see the "lots to loose" (sic) off the front page too, but thats cos I'm a spelling and grammar nazi (I just cannot read that thread title without repeating it in my head exactly as its spelt - drives me mad it does!):mad:

Ok mandy dont say us Mods never give you anything, specially for you I have edited that thread title ;)

something along the lines of
ever decreasing ......
or current weight bracket group.
It is agood idea to have them in their own place, starlight you are so good at being moderator thanks for keeping us all in line and the thread in order :)

Starlight said:
Ok mandy dont say us Mods never give you anything, specially for you I have edited that thread title ;)

Omg thank you it always bugged me to! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back