Zeke's Fabulous Forties

did you get a loss? x

Just 0.4 lbs :rolleyes:

So I have now lost 1.4 lbs in 5 days. Not sure what is going on - this is rather different from last time I did the diet. I am sure I read someone post about lower losses in weeks 3&4 and then back to a more normal VLCD weight loss somewhere but I cannot recall where! I will have a search now. I am definitely doing to ride this out though. If I do end up just losing 2 lb/wk from now until the end of the ten weeks it will still take me down to my goal weight for that time. It is a little concerning metabolism-wise though!

Today just 0.2lb - the last two weeks have been like a LCD loss wise! I think I have almost given up expecting anything else. I will try and up my water intake today anyway.

On a more positive note (ish?!) I have just noticed that I am down to 12 st 3 lbs (171 lbs) - another significant weight; this time a heaviest! This is my heaviest pre-dc weight. I was about 27 when I reached this and the good news is that it preceded my lowest weight of 137 lbs which I reached when I was about 28. I used WW discovery to get between the two. I was definitely a size 16 at this weight, as I am now, but I never bought anything bigger than a 14 until after I had given birth age 31. Lots of stretchy and 'big' size 14 clothes were worn!

Time to get on with the last day of my dieting week and month! I also break-up for a two week holiday today - happy days!

Last edited:
Even a snail gets there eventually :) keep going!!

True - didn't really expect to be the snail on a VLCD though! :D
So, this coming week I wouldn't expect a great loss as I will be mid-cycle and usually this affects as much as, if not more than, TOTM! I'm quite interested to see what happens!

I wore a pair of trousers to work today (and a belt) that are both becoming too big. After my two week holiday (just started! I am a teacher) I think they will be unwearable - happy days! :)

Hopefully I won't find not being a work makes this harder...I'll need to keep myself busy!

Finished this week with a 0.4 lbs loss bringing me up to 2.0 lbs for the week and 16.2 lbs for my first month.

23Mar2013-Week4.png

23Mar2013.png

So...two weeks now with LCD losses. I have four choices:

* Declare it not working and throw in the towel - NO!
* Just continue what I am doing and hope that it is just a 'blip' and things go back to 3+ lbs a week next week PLAN B
* Accept it - a loss is a loss! It got me dieting when other diets failed - I would have gained during the last four weeks if I wasn't doing this. I committed to the full ten weeks and I am damn well going to do it! I can fully control the input not the output. YES!
* Make an effort to ensure that I am properly in ketosis. Just because I did what I am doing now last time (and averaged 3.5 lbs/week) doesn't mean being sloppy with the milk, veg and carbonated drink allowance is ok this time! - PLAN A

Right! So, again, I am going to make a BIG attempt to up my water intake and keep my veg, skim milk, carbonated drink at or below the suggested levels. I think for the next three days it may be a good idea to aim for significantly below by doing the following:

Halve veg I have with dinner meal and just have broccoli. No pickled gherkins!
Drink at least half of my tea/coffee with no milk
Limit myself to 1 can of Coke Zero/Dr Pepper and only have that if I really, really want/need it.

Last edited:
ha this is a much better pep talk than I gave on the other thread I should have read this first - you've totally got the right idea and love 'I can control the input I can't control the output' that is true for so much of life!

I've had three pickled gherkins (60g veg) and a can of coke zero (330ml) :eek:. I'm a bit bored! It's cold! Clearly onto PLAN B already :rolleyes:. No, maybe not completely - I will stick stick to the allocated amounts. Probably silly targets to set today anyway when I am at home all day.

I've got to get my arse off the computer and onto a nice little project/job that will occupy me nicely. Just tidied up my sig a bit - which I always enjoy doing. Looking forward to being able to delete some of my significant weights as I fall below them. I do not want them to be significant anymore!

I'm having a piano lesson in 20 minutes - maybe I will get into that afterwards!

What I really want to do is to have a few bits of ikea furniture delivered NOW (nearest one is 1+ hr away and we wouldn't be able to fit it in the car anyway) so I get get on with rearranging/decluttering/organising my study and my son's bedroom. I keep putting the stuff in my 'trolley' and then recoiling at the overall cost and not doing it!

Oh and DH mentioned today that my breath smells. The sad thing is I was pleased! HA! I got out the listerine breath strips though.

Just going to do some calculations:

170.6 - (6x2.0) = 158.6
170.6 - (6x2.5) = 155.6
170.6 - (6x3.0) = 152.6
170.6 - (6x3.5) = 149.6

Yep - I'll take any of those!

Last edited:
:bliss:169.8 lbs :bliss:

So pleased to see that this morning! Really feel like I am getting there now! Now aiming for my next 'tiny' target before my next mini target of 165.4 lbs (to be lower than I was at the end of my last sns diet):

167. 8 lbs (11st 13.8 lbs)

Decided my tiny targets are going to be the 1x9.8 lbs, the 1x4.8 lbs, the xx st 13.8 lbs, the xx st 6.8 lbs and the BMI 2x.99s! That should be enough for me to have a target in sight all the time :D

Last edited:
Back