¡¡ʎǝuɹnoɾ s,ǝpuolqǝǝzʇıp - same old, same old!

They staple your stomach so that 75% is unused & it ends up kind of sausage shaped. From what I can gather it used to be used only for super morbidly obese patients where it would be too risky to do a bypass initially due to weight then once some weight was lost they'd go on to have a bypass.... but the success of the sleeve has been so good & less invasive than a bypass that its now being used on its own as a good way to lose weight.

Need to make my mind up re hospital & get on my way. My first choice would be Chichester but the waiting list has been closed am going to phone up today to see if its opened up again & hopefully get refered there! Mind you at this rate by the time I get appointments thru I could be well on my way to goal!!

You start off with liquids after surgery, then onto purees, then mash then start introducing 'real' foods, I think portions will always be small but not tiny, most people eat kids size portions (probably the sizes we should be eating!). With the sleeve & the bypass you can have 'dumping' if you eat too much sugar or fat so it keeps your diet healthier... its pretty much low carb afterwards but it doesn't stop you abusing it & some people push the limits & end up back to square one again!! You can stretch your stomach if you eat too much!

I'm thinking of it as a tool to help me do what I'm already doing & thats eating low carb & healthily!

Hi guys

Had a bit of a blip yesterday but got over it very quickly, woke up with a carb hangover this morning, forgot how lousy they made me feel!!

Back on track today, just feeling sluggish, drinking tons to flush those carbs out of my system!

Off for my eye examination this afternoon, apparently they put dye in my eyes & take photographs of the back of my eye to check for signs of blindness!! Have been warned to take my shades with me as my pupils won't dilate for a while afterwards & its beautifully sunny again today!!

Amalie was off at preschool for the 2nd time today, I got a quick kiss & a wave & that was that... so I'm guessing she's settled in very well!! Its just me that needs to get used to it... although it was lovely to have some time to do things this morning!

Oh no on the carb front!!!! as long as you back on track today thats what matters!
Oh that dye stuff - is the yellow one? Hope everything goes ok xxx

Bless Amalie (what a gorgeous name) she will be loving it.

Good day yesterday... even with dinner out at Ikea! While my friends all tucked into fish & chips with pudding I had smoked salmon with gravalax & a glass of red wine!!

Beautiful day here again today... off to music class with Amalie this morning (I say music class loosely) its pretty much singing, dancing, banging on tambourines & triangles, chasing bubbles & causing carnage!! I love it & so does she!

Was chatting to hubby as he was saying he'd like the kids to do this & do that & I explained that 4 mornings a week Amalie has classes of some sort & after school Jacob does something 4 days a week plus his football at the weekend... I suggested that a couple of chill out days for them & for me are just perfect!!! Besides kids classes don't come cheap!!

Hope you've all got the glorious sunshine where you are. x

Morning :D
Well done on the meal out yesterday!
Music class sounds....well it sounds LOUD!!!

I think its nice to have some chill out time anyway x

LOL sounds loud to me as well, I never even knew you could eat at Ikea, not that I ever been to one. ;)

She sleeps! x

Have decided although low carb guacamole is not for me... it seems to trigger cravings. That is what I had for lunch on weds when I had my blip & after having some for lunch today I'm feeling really hungry & wanting to eat things I shouldn't!! Off to cook some eggs & chorizo so I don't succumb to the evil carb!!!

Interesting that although low carb there is something that just triggers me with guacamole!! Shame as it is lush!

Atkins bars do it for me, a taste of sweet seems to make me want me in particular the cereal ones. The other are not too bad. I knwo what you mean about clesses even weekends don't stop for us off to dancing now!!

xx

It is odd the thing that kick of cravings isn't it.

Hi guys

Having a chilled day today waiting for deliveries. Suits me fine today as went out for dinner with the girls on saturday & over indulged in red wine (a lot!!) so still a touch jaded today!!

We sorted thru our tent yesterday & took it off to be repaired. Our last camping trip was in the tailend of a hurricane & right on the beach so our tent took a massive hit & as we've started booking up our trips for this year its off to be sewn back up!! I can't wait til its a bit warmer & we can be back outside again!!

Am waiting in for my new mobile phone today... I'm very excited as I am a bit of a gadget queen so will be looking forward to having a play with it... just a shame it takes so long to charge first time round... I'm too impatient!!

How are you guys? Did you have a lovely weekend? xx

morning - good night saturday then?
Ooh what phone are you getting? I managed to put mine in the washing machine yesterday LOL

Oh and I had ice cream on saturday :D yum yum yum. but nothing naughty other than that!

Our phones at work all come pre charged these Linz. :)

Hi Vicky.. yes good night Saturday!! decided not to weigh in today as I think I shall still be retaining water!

Lucky you Jim... I'm getting an HTC HD2.. meant to rival the iPhone & I just didn't fancy an iPhone as the world & his wife seems to have them round here... plus I use my camera on my phone alot for little snaps of the kids & the HTC has a good one!!

Reckon I'll wait in all day & it'll turn up when I'm picking Jacob up from his tennis lesson!!

Last edited:
but of course it will Linz. :D

Back