1 stone= 1 dress size theory

pinkbaileys24

Hi all
Just been up town now after a nu pair of trousers as my current 1s r too big. But to my horror i picked up the wrong size thinkin that ive lost 2.5 stone so i MUST ave dropped 2 dress sizes. but i havent....only dropped 1!!! wots goin on??
so 1 stone= 1 dress size cant b rite. can it?
xx

maybe your loosing weight from other parts of your body too hun, everyones different and loose it from different places first... your on the right road so keep your chin up :)

hi Gemma,
i'm afraid i'm the same - for me 2 stone seems to equal 1 dress size!
however i think it light be different when the weight comes down because i'm hoping and am pretty sure that when i get to goal of 11 stone i shall be a size 12 - i am a very comfy 16 now at 14 stone 2 - but then i think if i was to go down to 10 stone i think i would go down to a size 10!
its strange coz as i have gone up in clothes i seem to be able to stay in a size 16 for ages and then a size 18 for ages!
pleased to say though that with me shakes i'm whizzing down those sizes a damn sight quicker - and before you know you'll be down to that smaller size - so don't wait too long before trying on again!
Fran

Theres no hard and fast rule. It depends very much on the individual person AND how much you have to lose. Ive found the one stone one size has been the case but I expect it to change now and probably 2 stones one size will be more likely.

Dont worry that your sizing has been slightly different, remember the idea of a size per stone has been on other peoples experiences, its not a definite rule :)

Oh, and dropping one size is pretty good ;)

I have lost 1.7st and I have not entirely lost one size. But it will go down, and you may see in the future that you are going to lose 2 sizes for 1st. It depends where you are losing. My bum is not shrinking as much as my arms for example, or even my tummy. But I am sure it will.

And one size is an amazing results :cool::D

Elie xx

Hi gemma yeah i agree, people lost their weight from lots of different parts sometimes! I have lost over 2 stone and have dropped 1 size on the bottom and almost 2 on the top! My face is soooo much slimmer and my arms, my belly is almost gone too. However that curvaceous bum of mine is hanging on for its life!!! xxx

Hiya - I started at 14st 6lbs (202lbs) and a tight size 18 (I am 5ft 2in)
I am now 12 st 8 (nearly 2 stone down) and am into size 16s.
However, please take into account that some clothes come up bigger or smaller than others - I bought a pair of size 16 jeans from Sainsbury's a week ago and they are now loose on me but my other size 16s are still snug!!!!!
I'm sure we will all get there - we can't NOT!
Stay strong and you'll be in that bikini for summer!lol
Tansyx:)

hi Gemma,
i'm afraid i'm the same - for me 2 stone seems to equal 1 dress size!
however i think it light be different when the weight comes down because i'm hoping and am pretty sure that when i get to goal of 11 stone i shall be a size 12 - i am a very comfy 16 now at 14 stone 2 - but then i think if i was to go down to 10 stone i think i would go down to a size 10!
its strange coz as i have gone up in clothes i seem to be able to stay in a size 16 for ages and then a size 18 for ages!
pleased to say though that with me shakes i'm whizzing down those sizes a damn sight quicker - and before you know you'll be down to that smaller size - so don't wait too long before trying on again!
Fran

Yeh me too, Ive been a 16 for ages, but now after losing over 2 stones, im a tight size 14... i think its cuz we lose weight allover the body, not just bum, thighs and tummy if u get me?! im hopin that when i reach 11stone i should be a size 12 too.... just gotta be patient and wait an see! good work girlies keep it up!

:wave_cry: My own personal experience when i started LT and was at my heaviest....I was actually wearing clothes that were too tight:mad: I couldnt admit to myself that I should have been in a size bigger:eek: So when I lost my for 2 stone I only really dropped on size.....NOW I am not saying for one minutes that guys on this thread are wearing clothes too tight...as different shops etc definately have different sizes so you cant rely on them a guide. This is just what happened to me an I did find that I was dropping a size every stone but I also tended to loose weight all over evenly....

:eek:Me I had every size of black trousers and black tops in my wardrobe....so I used them as a guide!!!

You all doing great.....well done all!!!;)

Yeh me too, Ive been a 16 for ages, but now after losing over 2 stones, im a tight size 14... i think its cuz we lose weight allover the body, not just bum, thighs and tummy if u get me?! im hopin that when i reach 11stone i should be a size 12 too.... just gotta be patient and wait an see! good work girlies keep it up!

yeh ur rite. i really didnt think bout it in that way!! lol must admit ive lost weight mainly on my arms, face, neck and thighs. uve all done amazingly well. well done!
:happy096:

Teehee Bea, you're just like me lol - I have sizes 10 to 16 in my wardrobe! As for Sainsburys - well their stuff I find huuuuuuge (TEscos too) - can get a size 14 pair of jeans on and off without undoing them LOL comedy, eh?! But then a Vivienne Westwood 14 is minute and a squeeze, as is a McQueen 14. But I can live with being a 'designer' 14 :)

I know when I have lost my stone and a half I'll still not get into an average 10, even when I'm 9 stone... never have done, its all the curves methinks ;-)

yep,
and curves are good!!!
when i started this diet those i told and especially my other half was very worried that i would waste away - i KNEW however that i wouldn't - it's just not me - i will always have boobs and a bum - smaller yes but shapely, and i like that coz it makes me feel womanly and dare i say a little sexy.....the "curves" i had before this diet were lost i think in wobble!
thats not to say that i'm not keen to get down to a size 12 - i soooo am i'm just accepting of the fact that i'l never be a waif (and healthy)!!!
fran

I know what you mean Fran!
I'd even rather be a toned size 14 than a skinny waif!
I'm not a big fan of "skinny skinny" at all!
I love my curve! Bit worried about my boobs turning saggy though, which can happen after weight loss:(

Do you know, I've lost 5 st 6lb and I've only gone down 3 sizes but cos I was huge (24 st 4) the sizes don't drop so quick for some reason! I'm not worried though cos the weights going and that's all that matters

My daughter has lost 33lbs and she was a size 18. She's hardly gone down at all on her lower half, but her top half is now about 14/16. She was moaning last week because I was nicking her jeans and that they still fit her.

Back