10 stone something getting into the 9's

Yeah gone back to my low carb roots :) feeling better for it, was developing an unhealthy relationship with food on the up/down days x

Whatever works-right?

Is Dukan low carb, always though it sounded complicated? Didn't investigate much right enough. Good luck and keep in touch.
G x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Exactly :) whatever works and keeps the weight off :) well 40lbs lost through Dukan so it must do something right by me :).

It's low carb/low fat... you have a list of 72 foods which you can eat as much as you want of, generally low carb veg and lean meats/dairy. Plus Oatbran for carbs/digestion

That phase lasts a max of a week depending on how much you have to lose.

You then move onto the 2nd phase where you eat 100 foods as much as you want, still lean protein/dairy biased with low carb veg and a little extra oatbran.

then the 3rd phase consolidation when you reach goal weight and start to reintroduce carbs in a controlled way so you don't get a massive regain.

Then phase 4 is for life, you pick 1 day of every week so stick to "pure proteins" so it's anything from the 72 foods list for the day plus the oatbran but no veggies - this is supposed to keep your weight steady forever :)

The plan is re-educate and encourage good eating habits by removing most things and then gradually reintroducing them in a prescribed way, so far I've never got to the 3rd phase as I never got to goal before something bad happened in my life, this time I'm hopeful - got a 39 day plan according to the Dukan Calculator :) so here's hoping.

Anyway I've rambled enough - if you want to know more I'll gladly advise xx

Thanks-that sounds straightforward enough.

I will see how JUDDD goes for me. I do like the 'only on a diet for a day' aspect. I've been ok at not going too crazy on my up day-but it's only been a week.

Good Luck Lotto, don't forget how far you've come so far!

G x

Weigh in this morning and delighted to announce I'm down 2.2lb! Delighted that CC is working for me and feel like I'm settled into the routine of it now. Half way through the 10s now, would LOVE to see the 9s by Xmas, it would be the best Xmas present, hands down!

How are we all doing folks?! Anyone in the 9's yet? I'm back on Lipotrim food-replacement for a few weeks to get me to goal (7.6lb to go as of this morning!) an then I'll maintain (maybe even lose a little more) with CC.

Guessing there's nobody here anymore? :( You're probably all in the 9's by now! I have 0.3lb to go and then I will be too. Yippee!

I got back down to 9.13.... And in last month iv gained 5lb... So I'm 10.4
Depressed :-(

Phew! Thought I was alone in the 10's!

No secret to my success Gillvegas, I'm a lazy bugger! I'm now using Lipotrim (food replacement diet) to get me to goal, then hoping to maintain and lose a little more with calorie counting. Calorie counting was going well for me but results were slow (I'm very impatient) and I was worried that if I wasn't at goal by Xmas, I would slip back to old disgusting eating habits.

conlou1 said:
whats lipotrim like, i could do with a boost to get me into the lower 9's

It's tough at first, and super strict, but it works! No food, only black coffee and leaf teas (black tea, peppermint etc.) and 3 shakes/soups a day. Also flapjacks available but I think they're like sawdust! I've lost over 2 stone since Sept but took a break and CC'd for a while.

I'm still here too :eek:... STS'd on Juddd after getting into a binge/starve cycle which got me nowhere but would be something I'd try similar at goal.

Then had a couple of months fighting a virus that wouldn't sling it's hook :)...before returning to Dukan to battle off the last 10lbs or so...they weren't kidding when they say the last 10lb is the hardest! :eek: x

alottolose said:
I'm still here too :eek:... STS'd on Juddd after getting into a binge/starve cycle which got me nowhere but would be something I'd try similar at goal.

Then had a couple of months fighting a virus that wouldn't sling it's hook :)...before returning to Dukan to battle off the last 10lbs or so...they weren't kidding when they say the last 10lb is the hardest! :eek: x

Juddd made me so ill and depressed. Greed led me to do it thinking I could battle through one day of not hardly eating knowing I could pig out the next day and BOY did I eat. I'm back to cc but tbh I'm struggling a lot. Every day I wake up
And plan my meals whichni stick then I go to work and end up eating something I shouldn't which spoils the day. Although my cals aren't ridiculously high they're too high to lose. I'm just maintaining more or less which I thought I was ok with but then this week I feel bloated and gross, so have decided I need to power through after a kicking from my TLers lol. So I'm going to plan my shop, plan my meals, read some inspirational stories and get this last bit off if it kills me

I could've written that post conlou :)....just spent 30 minutes planning my day out foodwise - although dukan doesn't encourage cc...I still do as I believe firmly in the calories in>calories out equation...

we've both got 9lb to lose...WE CAN SO DO THIS! :) x

alottolose said:
I could've written that post conlou :)....just spent 30 minutes planning my day out foodwise - although dukan doesn't encourage cc...I still do as I believe firmly in the calories in>calories out equation...

we've both got 9lb to lose...WE CAN SO DO THIS! :) x

Right, lets power through then. I'm resetting MFP to 1200 cals a day, I'm ignoring net cals and I'm just gonna stick to 1200, cutting back on carbs as someone just posted me some info about too many cals giving you back fat which I suffer terribly from. I'm banning cheese as its my biggest down fall and so high in cals. WE CAN DO IT. I'm going to start logging in my diary in here...it's called 23 pounds in 20 weeks, do u have a diary? I do t know anything about dukan but I can pop on to give support :)

Hi Conlou and alottolose- I will be following you both. I have about 9 or so lbs to go and suffering the same! We can do it!!

Right, lets power through then. I'm resetting MFP to 1200 cals a day, I'm ignoring net cals and I'm just gonna stick to 1200, cutting back on carbs as someone just posted me some info about too many cals giving you back fat which I suffer terribly from. I'm banning cheese as its my biggest down fall and so high in cals. WE CAN DO IT. I'm going to start logging in my diary in here...it's called 23 pounds in 20 weeks, do u have a diary? I do t know anything about dukan but I can pop on to give support :)

I read the back fat thing on Daily Mail earlier on - quite interesting, I suffer with thigh fat :eek:...:) really annoys me, apparently it's genetic but to avoid soya...which is rather annoying as I use that for extra protein...

Dukan is low fat/low carb :) with a few extras (like Oatbran must be had every day) it's like a healthier atkins really and dairy is limited...

I've actually been following your diary in my subscriptions for a while :) - my diary is on the Dukan diary page "Sarah's world - cruising for a losing" :) cruise is the phase of Dukan I'm currently on. (But as I say I calorie count as well) x

Hi Conlou and alottolose- I will be following you both. I have about 9 or so lbs to go and suffering the same! We can do it!!

Hey BerryBerry :) this 9lb is annoying eh ;) we're all out to get it...I'm hoping to be at goal for NY at the very latest...though Christmas is likely to pose a few problems :) hopefully get as much off beforehand and is humanly possible x

Back