Total Solution 100% Exante Target

Well done on fitting into the jeans! It is so easy to get caught up with numbers on this diet, but even if the scale isn't going down as quickly as you would like, you are definitely losing inches.

Brilliant news on your favourite jeans fitting. Like you say, when the scales aren't moving these NSVs are important in helping to sustain motivation. :)

Morning everyone, the movement on the scales is frustratingly small again this week, 0.6lbs. I had a slip on Sunday evening so haven't been 100% this week but feel like it's not much to show for 600 cals a day and jogging 3 times a week :sigh: My bodyshape has definately changed and I'm very happy about that just feel like I need to be rewarded on the scales, it's a bit early for such small losses?!? Was thinking about trying something different but it's only a week until I'm on holiday so will stick with it and see if the break gets things moving again in September. Is really September next month? How did that happen!

Morning everyone, the movement on the scales is frustratingly small again this week, 0.6lbs. I had a slip on Sunday evening so haven't been 100% this week but feel like it's not much to show for 600 cals a day and jogging 3 times a week :sigh: My bodyshape has definately changed and I'm very happy about that just feel like I need to be rewarded on the scales, it's a bit early for such small losses?!? Was thinking about trying something different but it's only a week until I'm on holiday so will stick with it and see if the break gets things moving again in September. Is really September next month? How did that happen!

Maybe you should try adding a protein meal. I think the small losses could be due to the fact the calories aren't enough to sustain your activity?

I know it is disappointing, but you have had some great NSV plus you're jogging! You are taking the steps to lead a healthier life, which will stand you in good stead once you're off Exante x

Maybe you should try adding a protein meal. I think the small losses could be due to the fact the calories aren't enough to sustain your activity?

I know it is disappointing, but you have had some great NSV plus you're jogging! You are taking the steps to lead a healthier life, which will stand you in good stead once you're off Exante x

I have thought about adding a meal before but decided against it. When I moved up from 20 mins to 25 mins jogging I found it really hard going and questioned if it was my body needing more fuel or if I just needed to build up my stamina. Now jogging for 30 mins 3 times a week and it's not getting any easier, so not improving on speed or distance at the moment. Plus I'm starving the day after a run, so every other day it feel like I'm starting the diet again!

Something needs to change just don't know what. I think that VLCD and jogging aren't made for each other?

With only a week to go I would wait and see what happens after holiday CP. Some people do find the loss slowing with exercise & others don't seem to have a problem. We are all different at the end of the day but its not much fun if you are craving food for half of the week. x

I have thought about adding a meal before but decided against it. When I moved up from 20 mins to 25 mins jogging I found it really hard going and questioned if it was my body needing more fuel or if I just needed to build up my stamina. Now jogging for 30 mins 3 times a week and it's not getting any easier, so not improving on speed or distance at the moment. Plus I'm starving the day after a run, so every other day it feel like I'm starting the diet again!

Something needs to change just don't know what. I think that VLCD and jogging aren't made for each other?

Just wondering why you decided against it? I've read a few times that the body hangs on to the fat because of the extra output (which seems silly to me, but, you know. . .science). I suppose it could be the heat that's sapping performance, but really, you would expect to see some increase and I honestly wonder if it's to do with calorie intake. I'm beginning to tell the difference between genuine hunger and 'want', and I wonder if your body is trying to tell you to up the calories/protein to off-set the exercise.

I'm not trying to encourage you to eat (honest!!), but maybe try switching it up, adding an extra pack or an egg or some veggies. I guess what concerns me is you're consistently feeling hungry the following day when you've probably built a massive calorie deficit and how your body is coping with that?

Do hope I've not come across as trying to sabotage your excellent work!!

I agree with coffeemate... I think maybe add a protein based meal on your run days and see how that goes? Maybe have it when you get back from your run? I know how virtuous it feels when you stick to just the packs but it sounds to me like your body's crying out for more... And I might be wrong, but I'm sure protein helps repair muscle damage when you've been exercising, but that might just be if you're lofting weights or something... I'm certainly no expert! I'm sure it can't do any harm to try though. :)

Hey CP, it's great that you have taken up jogging and you should continue. The little changes you are making now will aid you on the path to maintenance; I would not stop. It's great to find a form of exercise that you truly enjoy. I know you are sceptical about adding a meal, but it may just be what you need to continue with the exercise and boost your losses. Having said that, you must make the decision you feel is right xx

I agree with CM, Natalie and SC.

Hello everyone, hope you have all been doing well. I have had a quick look at some diaries and can see some brilliant weight losses well done :)

This week has been a complete write off, ill again! :( I decided to contact Exante and get their advice/opinion on exercising effecting my weight loss. They told me exercise can stop weight loss when on a VLCD and when jogging I should be doing TPS as a minimum and recommended WS, to listen to my body and do what feels right. Exante said the benefits of jogging and exercise are huge and to continue with the exercise and find the plan that works with it. I decided to start doing WS on run days and then fell ill!

Started with headache, temperature and sore throat and then dreadful stomach cramps, just stomach cramps left now and when they hit I don't know what to do with myself. So this week; no exercise, very little food and drink (causes stomach cramps), lack of sleep and generally low and fed up! Haven't weighed myself as I know it won't be accurate and really don't need to feel any lower.

Two weeks holiday start tomorrow, so I will disappear for a while and will back on plan Monday 01/09/14.

Hope you all great weight losses and look forward to getting back to it x

Oh you poor thing! Are you beginning to feel a bit better now? Getting ill right before a holiday is no fair!!

Wrap up and look after yourself and have an AMAZING holiday!!!! :gen157: (closest thing I could find for holiday - just ignore the shark!)

Hope you are feeling better soon. I think you are right on the exercise, I have been doing quite alot (well alot of me) and even though I can see the differences in my shape the weight has slowed right down. Maybe I should look at another plan. Anyway have a wonderful holiday and we will all be here when you get back!

Hope you are all better for your holidays & have a great time CP x

I'm back!

Hello everyone, I'm back!

Today is day one of restarting my weight loss journey. I was basically unwell for August and the start of this month and it badly effected my eating and exercise. Now apart from feeling what I can only described as unhealthy I am feeling better and ready to go again.

Nervously got on the scales this morning; expecting to have regained all the weight and was pleasantly surprised, a big gain but nothing like I had prepared myself for, this will make the restart easier for me.

I am going to change things around slightly this time and will be adding a meal on run days; Mon, Wed & Fri.

Hope everyone else is doing well, looking forward to catching up with your diaries :)

The gain will soon disappear, best of luck with day 1 x

Welcome back, CP. I hope you enjoyed your holiday. Glad you are feeling much better now - that gain will be gone in no time!! xx

Good to see you back CP. Good news that your weigh in was better than you thought it was going to be. Makes it easier to get back into the swing of things. How was your holiday xx

Back