100% on plan for two weeks from 18 June

Moved my son and his girlfriend into their first house yesterday. After a very busy and stressful (as the vendor hadn't finished moving out) day they ordered take out for us all. I said I didn't want any and it turned into a bit of bother with me and the other half. He finally took me to one side and reminded me that this is a very important day in my sons life and it would never be repeated and somehow I was spoiling it because I wouldn't participate in the meal. So I caved and had it. I did enjoy it, I can't lie but so disappointed this morning as now 2 3/4 lbs have appeared on the scales that weren't there yesterday. Food is my kryptonite! Anne xx

Hey Anne wow thats such a good example of how society sees food. The fact you would be 'ruining' your sons day if you didn't put something in your mouth! Helping him all day and being a part of his special day means nothing unless you eat! It's crazy isn't it! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know, and it's now getting worse as the girlfriends parents are arriving today from Scotland (amazing how they always appear after the hard works been done!), and apparently we're all going for a nice family meal. I'm so pissed off, how can I refuse without looking like the baddie?
Looks like it's another day one tomorrow!!

Anne xx

I know, and it's now getting worse as the girlfriends parents are arriving today from Scotland (amazing how they always appear after the hard works been done!), and apparently we're all going for a nice family meal. I'm so pissed off, how can I refuse without looking like the baddie?
Looks like it's another day one tomorrow!!

Anne xx

Can you choose the restaurant? And have a Step 2/SS+ meal? Whatever you ate yesterday is not going to have caused any fat gain, and as long as you stay on track today and just have something appropriate tonight tomorrow won't be day 1 it'll be day 10 (hope that's right!) and you can keep pushing onwards.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I'm only on day 3 of SS but have breaks booked for September , what do pekoe do when there away, ? Pick something healthy or drink a milkshake when everyone else eats ?

Little update.

Had my PT and progress stuff done. Body fat has gone from 37 something % to 26 something %. The top of the ok range is 31%, I'm now at the lower end of the ok range and nearly into the fit range, this is below 25%. She was super impressed with me. Feeling very happy. She measures me with this pincher thing and my hips/stomach part had gone down the most, that was 20 and is now 12.

Total loss - 3 stone 7lb :)

OMG those are fantastic results Liz. Back on track today Anne. Have a chicken salad and water if you're out for a family meal then tonight.

Last edited:
Once I have a weigh in and see a benefit I think i can keep motivated, it still cooking for the rest of the family and watching them eat. Reading all you guys with positive results help. Thanks

Thank you so much guys,
Terribly sorry I haven't been on here, iv been working silly hours this week, which has one bonus to it... No food, ha!!
Iv been really good not weighed yet tho, I will weigh next week :)
Tonight I have my best friends bday pub crawl which I agreed to go on along time ago so I have just had some Cambridge porridge before I go, I think I could be on my back :/

Just to say iv been reading back through your thread and you have all done so well, I will just try and be as good and get some great results :)

Lizzy xx

Lizloo, you cant drink if you've only had Cambridge products. You will black out. If you're having a drink tonight you must have a proper meal.

Thought I'd post the below the first pic is me at Christmas just before I started and the other 2 are me this morning.

Hopefully this may inspire some of you xx

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1410024103.237268.jpg

Yes I know silly idea, my boyfriend has made me have beans on toast... God damn looks like a new day and a new start tmrw:)
Wow Liz you look amazing you should be so so proud!!! Last year I ran a half marathon, I'm just getting back into my running now(it's hard starting back at 0 fitness :(. )I'm currently weighing 11st after being just over 9...so feel so annoyed at myself!!
Lizzy xx

I feel such a ***** moaning like I did. It was all arranged, went out for this family meal, all the kids, daughter in laws parents the lot and Keith went and PROPOSED!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry, but I've stuffed my face and drunk loads. It's allowed by law I'm certain.
Back on it tomorrow but today - I just don't care.

Anne xx

Thanks guys.

Wow Anne!!! Congrats!!! So happy for you. That's amazing. Bet you feel fab. Was it a shock? Don't worry about the diet you deserve a celebration. Xx

Thanks ladies, yes was a complete shock, bended knee, little speech and everything! Lol.
So - back on track today, 2 shakes already taken and feeling ok to get through the evening. It's the son in laws birthday today but have avoided a lunch invitation at the local carvery so today's ok. Tuesday is my granddaughters 2nd birthday, again I'm ok, I'm just going to do the tidying up thing and make sure everyone has drinks.
Friday is another matter, a family meal out has been arranged, no venue has been decided but it will have to be child friendly, I'm a little worried we may end up at a Pizza Hut!! I know there is a salad bar but how do I get out of just not eating??
This whole social thing is so hard. I have a wedding too on the Saturday and I'm worried about the Friday as I know if I eat I'll just have the mindset that I'm already out of ketosis so I might as well have the Saturday too.
What do you suggest??

Anne xx

Back