100% on plan for two weeks from 18 June

Hope your feeling better soon Kiwi!!

All good for me, tried a 7Km run last night. All good, actually felt better than pre the half on Sunday but this morning I had a dull ache in my heel and it hurts to walk in my work heels. Fingers crossed it's ok!!

Not really losing much at the mo but not fussed to be honest as pretty content. I'm still under my original target. Would love to lose another 10lb for my wedding but as it's not until October I'm not stressing just yet. xx

That's loads of time Liz! Just enjoy feeling fit and healthy! Well done on the run last night! Hope your friend's ok too.

Keep your fluids up kiwi and hopefully you'll get better soon!

Xxx

Hope you're feeling better soon Kiwi,

Well done on your run Liz. I'm feeling smug after running even more than the programme - 30 mins without stopping last night! :) I'm week 7/9 of the couch25k program, so i'm almost there! Once I get to week 9 (which actually is 30 mins of running!) I can start working on distance and time...

Going to the gym tonight as I need to start toning up.

Food wise, and CWP wise...i'm sort of step 5 now...i'm focussing more on the exercise part and trying to eat healthily and lower carb rather than a step...not sure if that's good or not, but working better for me.

xx

Thanks all :) well done on all the exercise too girls.

I had to have a scan on Monday and the doc was like are you good and holding your breath as I need you to take deep breaths and hold them when doing this scan so I said yes I hope so as I ran half a marathon yesterday and he said well done it's nice to see someone who's fit and healthy and taking care of them selfs. Really made me day. Must be hard to be a doctor and see people with weight related illnesses and feel completely helpless as its self inflicted. I'm turning into a health freak lol. X

Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

That must feel really good to hear someone who doesn't know you show some appreciation for what you do. Being a health freak is much better than being overweight and unhealthy!

Physio in the morning. I did a 9mile run the other day and my it band has complained about it non-stop since! Rolled every day and it's better. It seems sharp downhills are not for me! So a longer route home (I live half way up a hill!) next time and I should be all good. She's filming my running in the morning...

Xxx

Been to physio my hips stay level now and I don't over pronate or over stride. I need to keep my cadence up its currently at 165 but 175 gives me better form!

Yay for no pain!!!

Xxx

Been to physio my hips stay level now and I don't over pronate or over stride. I need to keep my cadence up its currently at 165 but 175 gives me better form!

Yay for no pain!!!

Xxx

That's fab Tigg!

Went to the gym last night - my bum muscles are seriously regretting that decision today!

xx

What were you doing Flic?

I'm just about to do a boxecise class. I think. There's nobody else here so we will see!!!

Lunchtime exercise!

Xxx

Morning all,

How you all doing?

All good here apart from the fact my calf muscles keep getting bigger, they are absolutely HUGE!! They look quite manly lol.

Next half marathon is this weekend. Not done much running at all this week, decided to taper properly for this half in the hope that I can get a decent time :)

x

Morning all, How you all doing? All good here apart from the fact my calf muscles keep getting bigger, they are absolutely HUGE!! They look quite manly lol. Next half marathon is this weekend. Not done much running at all this week, decided to taper properly for this half in the hope that I can get a decent time :) x

Jumped on the scale this morning to see a random 2lb gain!!!! No idea why, been eating well and exercising, no booze. Possibly not enough water!?

Big leg muscles are a bit of a drawback of exercise but it's better than being porky!

2:15 is a good time Liz. This one will be better though I'm sure!

Xxx

2 lb gain for me too this morning. Not mysterious though. I'm eating way more because the antibiotics are upsetting my stomach and not the right kind of food. I haven't had a cooked dinner since last Saturday. I really need a kick tbh. Haven't exercised either and it's a bad cycle because the processed carbs are leaving me not wanting to exercise. I know all of this!!!

Oh Kiwi, hope those antibiotics are over soon - nothing worse than feeling crummy, no wonder you're not wanting to cook or focus on what to eat.

I have a gain too - mine i'm hoping is a tonne of water in all of my aching muscles - my body needs to get used to the additional gym and longer running sessions - I feel like an old woman today!

Also, had a funny turn last night (that's what my granny would call it.) After my run last night, I got home and to ease my muscles had a bath. I got changed and was prepping veggies in the kitchen when I suddenly started to feel dizzy. I sat down at the table for a minute and felt ok, then the same happened but worse. Had to abandon dinner and leave OH to it. Drank a glass of water and started to feel a little better, but think I might have left too long a gap from run to eating (I did have 1ltr water post run?) Anyway, after i'd had baked beans on toast - didn't fancy the veggie curry i'd made - I felt better.

Liz, I seem to remember you having a couple of issues a while back - how did you overcome these? Were they similar in that they were after running etc?

Feeling much better today, and it's a day off exercise too - other than lunchtime walk - it's far too lovely here not to get outside!

xx

Get well soon Kiwi. Tigg, dam them scales!!!

Yes flic I did experience dizziness and sickness when I first started to push myself re running. I now have a lucozade sport and lots of water after and always make sure I eat within half hour, max 45 mins, try and have protein too as this repairs muscle. Naked bars are good, make sure you have the protein ones if you get them. Eggs are also good, I look boiled eggs after a run :) It may also be the bath, laying down in hot water may dip your blood pressure so when you suddenly get up and rush around making you dizzy!! I would suggest a quick shower instead. Good luck xx

Yes Flic I'm totally with Liz on the golden half hour for post run recovery food. Also the hot bath will have made things worse! Hope you feel better.

I went out for a run but my lunch kept repeating in me and now I feel really queasy, I had to walk the last mile or so. I'm freezing cold too!

Brrrr!

Did any of you get a good view of the eclipse? It was murky here, got slightly murkier and then was just murky again!

Hope you're feeling better soon Kiwi!

Xxx

Those mystery lbs have gone this morning.

Quick running question Liz, do you plan on running a certain distance or just see how you go? And if you were aiming for a long one do you preplan your route or just keep going?

When's your next half?

Xxx

Afternoon ladies. Hope all is well. Actually got a break in the clouds and got a good view of the eclipse for about 10 minutes. Still feeling crap but I'm over the self indulgence whingebagitis now so I got up at 7 and ran 5 km. Did it in 31 minutes so my time is getting better. Felt rotten after it so had weetabix, 2 boiled eggs and a pint of water. Now the weather picking up im going to try and do this most day. Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Evening,

Well done on your run kiwi - that time is fab!!

Tigg - I tend to go out for a run knowing how far and where I'll go. I always plan my route too. Now and then if I don't judge it right I had to nip off on a little detour to add the distance in lol. I find knowing the distance helps with pace and also psychologically as it seems just as hard to run 5km to half marathon sometimes as your mind knows in advance. Hope this helps, I can't quite explain what I mean lol.

Next half is in the morning!! Nerves are starting. X

Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

Back