100% on plan for two weeks from 18 June

Evening, Well done on your run kiwi - that time is fab!! Tigg - I tend to go out for a run knowing how far and where I'll go. I always plan my route too. Now and then if I don't judge it right I had to nip off on a little detour to add the distance in lol. I find knowing the distance helps with pace and also psychologically as it seems just as hard to run 5km to half marathon sometimes as your mind knows in advance. Hope this helps, I can't quite explain what I mean lol. Next half is in the morning!! Nerves are starting. X Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

Thanks Liz, I'm struggling to find longer runs (10miles+) without thinking I've got it worked out and then having to add a random loop in at the end. Psychologically I like to know where I am and how long I've got left. And also I don't like passing close to home incase I'm tempted to cut it short! Not that I ever have but just incase!

Good luck for tomorrow Liz you'll smash it! Where is this one?

Xxx

You'll get it right after a while.

This is the Brentwood half. I then have a 6 week break until my next one so going to try some longer distances out plus try and better my sprinting. Xx

Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

Thank tigg. Just on the way there now. Starts at 10 which is better than last week. Will post after. Feeling nervous. Xx

Best of luck Liz, I have a feeling this one is going to go really welk for you. Im sitting on a mat down in the gym waiting for my first ever body pump glass and Id rather be down in the restaurant having french toast with coffee and the papers lol!

So what's body pump kiwi? I'm always afraid to try classes with such non descriptive titles! Hope you had fun!

Liz, you've probably crossed the finish line already! Hope you're all good. Let's see the medal!!

Xxx

2:11:31 amazing race. Enjoyed it so much. Paced it well and even had enough for a sprint at the end. Pic below of the medal. ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1427037306.134726.jpg

Yeh congrats Liz, proud of you!!!

Tigg Les Mills Bodypump is a 60 minutes class when you do what felt like millions of reps with a bar with weights on either side. You change the weight of what you put on the bar a couple of times during the class.

Oh, not sure about that body pump then! I went for an 8 mile run today. Hubby came with me it was strange running with someone else!

Thanks ladies :) feeling good this morning. Actually want to do it again lol. I've said to my other half that I might do some runs round the same course as its so nice!! It's only a 20 min drive from ours and beats running around industrial estates lol.

Back to being super good on the eating front and get this last 10lb shifted before the wedding. Going to try some fasting days starting tomorrow.

Well done on the body pump classes kiwi - I use to do them, they are really good. Just make sure you ensure your getting your technique right on the squats so that you don't hurt your knees. Xx

Well done Liz! Get those lbs off. You've shown you can maintain you just need to do it with a bit more off!!!

Well done kiwi. I'm not sure I could do that!

I'm trying to decide whether or not I should run short and fast tomorrow or long! I want to get into double figures but round here that means a few mean hills! If I run from work (Leatherhead) towards London I can get on the train in Wimbledon and travel the rest of the way home by train without too many icky hills and make 10 miles. Otherwise I'll do some hills and run short and do the long run at the weekend! Decisions decisions!

Xxx

Tigg - I wouldn't do another long run so close to your Sunday long run!! You need to rest too. I'd do a shorter one tonight.

First fast day today, I've been to Tesco and bought a mixture of atkins and Dukan bits. Plan is to have an Atkins shake soon, Dukan or Nakd bar for lunch and an Atkins bar for dinner, will take me to just under my 500 cals but then I had a little milk in my coffee this morn. Will let you know how I get on. Have to do today and tomorrow as my fast days this week as It's my other half's 50th birthday this weekend so we have celebrations planned starting on Thursday. He's 18 years older then me just in case anyone was wondering :)

How you all doing today? xx

You're right Liz. I'm going to go for a short run today!

Hope your fast day goes well. I don't find them so bad to be honest as you know tomorrow will be here soon enough.

Hope you have lots of fun celebrating other half's birthday!

Xxx

I'm planning a short run tonight too, maybe a nice easy 5KM :)

Days going ok, not looking forward to tomorrow though. Not sure doing 2 days in a row Is a good idea but it's the only 2 days I can do this week!!

I'm taking him to the Shard on Saturday. He thinks we are just going for a few drinks just us (he has no idea where either). All our friends are going to be in there when we get there for a bit of a surprise moment. Should be good. We also have dinner with my sister Thursday and dinner and the pub on Sunday with all his family. I'll deffo be needing a fast day Monday lol xx

I'm planning a short run tonight too, maybe a nice easy 5KM :) Days going ok, not looking forward to tomorrow though. Not sure doing 2 days in a row Is a good idea but it's the only 2 days I can do this week!! I'm taking him to the Shard on Saturday. He thinks we are just going for a few drinks just us (he has no idea where either). All our friends are going to be in there when we get there for a bit of a surprise moment. Should be good. We also have dinner with my sister Thursday and dinner and the pub on Sunday with all his family. I'll deffo be needing a fast day Monday lol xx

I used to be scared of a 5k run and had to work up to the race for life 5ks in the summer. Having lost weight and actually kept going with the training including dealing with injuries 5k is a jaunt now! It feels great.

Sounds like you have quite the plan for your other half their Liz! You can correct anything after you've enjoyed the celebrations!

Xxx

I love a 5KM, my 5KM was really flat and boring so I now go a different route with 2 big hills. Done it last night in 28:20.

Fast day was good, had a nakd bar. dukan bar, slim and save pack, boiled egg and an apple. Wih a little milk in a coffee I actually think I came in slightly under 500 cals. Day 2 today, starving already!!

How's everyone getting on? xx

So I had a scan the other week and got a call from the doc today. So I have an enlarged liver and the start of liver disease!! Was not expecting that!! Got to have some more tests but the best treatment is to lose weight, eat healthy, exercise and no alcohol. Feeling deflated totally!! I'm 31 for crying out loud!! Just goes to show what being overweight for years has done to me!! Weird why it's started now though after being slim for nearly a year. Pants day!! Xx

Back