1000 plan, more or less.

*coughs*

I've been a naughty girl for the past three yummy days. The damage, I estimate, is around 3lbs, maybe 4 - going on my appearance and how I 'feel' around the tum and hips.

But oh, did I enjoy that extra food.

Now it's back to the grindstone. I'm hoping to shake up my metabolism by doing CD1000 for two/three consecutive days then switching to CD790 for the same amount of time. If this doesn't work I'll try one day of 1000 followed by one day of 790.

I am fed up being 'stuck', weight wise. I understand that after VLCD-ing it might take ages for my body to burn off calories efficiently, but I'm getting impatient now.

I feel the lure of SS, of course, but I will do my level best to resist going down that path. I fear that I might never be able to come off it! I have to ease my body back to permanent normal, light eating. I don't want to rely on ketosis any more. I really was starting to feel ill.

After VLCD-ing it is a proper beeyatch trying to diet on regular food in reasonable amounts. But since others here have managed to do it, Karion in particular, surely I can, too?

HELLO? IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE??

LOL.

I went into town today, bought lots of 'healthy' grub, then walked back, laden with apples and bananas and vegetables...

I loved my three days off but must now be stricter to compensate.

There's a programme on now about Sir Edward Elgar. The famous cello concerto is playing. It always makes me cry.

The late, irreplaceable Jaqueline Du Pre made that poignant piece her own.

I'm a serious wee thing, on the quiet!

The weight loss journey can be a lonely and difficult one. I hope we all make it, in the end.

Haven't lost any more weight. Gotta do extra exercise today - that might help. Eating for health and strength, and in moderation.

At this rate I'll be lucky to achieve a loss of 4lb for the entire month of June. But I won't panic. I'll keep my head and keep on keepin' on.

Hi guys.

I've had two very high nutrition, low calorie days in a row.

I seem to have got the food cravings under control for the time being, and might after all manage to shift half a stone or more during the month of June. That would be nice. However - since I am still in the 'moving on' phase from VLCDing any weight loss would be welcome!

The funny thing about longterm dieting is that you never really know how things will go tomorrow, or the next day, or next week. You can only do your best on any given day and try to compensate, later, for stepping out of line.

We basically have to watch our food intake forever. That, to me, is the bottom line.

I've lost three pounds. Very pleased. Back to within one pound of my last known SS-ing weight. Since this means I have regained and relost the glycogen weight - the hard way!- over the past month I hope to achieve at least another 7lb loss by the end of June.

Plenty of time yet to do that, so here's hoping. Forgot that my 'official' weigh in day is a Monday, so will weigh again tomorrow morning.

Hi Girlygirl

Did you do the alternating of 1000 and 790? If so how did you find it?

I am driving myself nuts :) jumping from diet to diet, and switching methods left, right and centre. All thats happened is that I have lost a few lbs, but then its totm so have gained 2lb :mad:

I am seriously thinking of jiggling my diet around. Maybe doing as you did a low cal day followed by a higher low-cal day. Did you find you had energy to exercise? Alternatively, I might try 1000-1200cals per day plus tae bo/running?

Any advice?

I've lost three pounds.

Forgot that my 'official' weigh in day is a Monday, so will weigh again tomorrow morning.

Sorry, forgot to say, well done on the 3lbs loss :wow:

and good luck for todays weigh in!

Hi, Frumpster!

I hadn't lost any more weight this morning but the scales were doing that leap from one weigh to another...

So I feel sure that I HAVE lost. I am happy to wait until next Monday to find out.

I haven't started alternating yet cos I had a bit of blip in-between. I was feeling down and fed up cos I was trying to diet 'sensibly'! VLCDs make you crave very fast loss. When you need to adjust to slower losses - and let's face it, we all do, when we finally leave VLCD-ing behind - it can be tough.

But I knew that if I just stuck to my guns, ate 1000 cals, and forced myself to be patient, my weight would start to fall again.

I will try the 790/1000 thing this week, starting tomorrow. CD is providing my basic nutrition for 2/3 meals each day. I take a good A-Z mitamin/mineral supplement, and include fruit and salad.

I know you've been pretty up and down, hun, but that is part of finding out what suits you and what doesn't. Now that you've got past the SS thing, you can experiment freely. Maybe JUDDDering is not for you. Maybe if you were to count calories strictly while JUDDDering, it would work.

I can't be given permission to eat what I like - not ever! LOL. I know that in the end I will binge. I need to remind myself that I have a problem around food and cannot eat as others do. Not even every other day. I wish I could...

The thing is to not give up. You will make it. I have kept off a huge weight loss, despite all the odds, and I am very thankful for that. When I think of how I once felt and looked, and how I look and feel now, I regard myself as very blessed.

You will find what works for you. You could do a lot worse than basic calorie counting. Using CD for two meals each day means tons of calories left over.

I personally think good old calorie counting is gonna be the basis of my slimmer future.

Had an excellent day. Calorie total so far - 700. That leaves plenty for a snack should I need one.

I've had three choc velvet tetras - two in coffee and one, frozen, two veggie sausages and and apple an an orange. Don't usually have so many tetras but got a new lot in today - mmmmm.

Feeling optimistic.

Sunday night again. Weekly weigh-in tomorrow.

Had a good week, a great three days - and an especially good day, today.

Hope it shows on the scales tomorrow morning.

Good luck everyone for your next weigh-in.

I'm sure it will show on the scales tommorow hun :D

I'm hoping to be smiling too:D

Lacey :)

Thank you so much for replying!

WHOOPEE - I've lost four pounds. Yabba Dabba Doo!

I hope you have a cheering loss, too. It makes up for the stalls, plateaus and (whisper it) gains.

BTW I love Egyptology. Never been to Egypt but I am fascinated by Akhenaten, Nefertiti, and Tel-el-Amarna. Also Rameses the Great, Tutankhamun...

Again, good luck everyone.

Thanks, Cheryl hun.

I feel MUCH better. Sticking with a higher calorie limit and real food is very difficult after SS/790, but I am glad I'm still trying.

I kinda see it as one possible pathway to future maintenance. The tough part is losing more slowly than you would like to and accepting that this is normal and perhaps a good thing at this stage.

How are YOU? Last time I checked your posts you'd lost weight again and were doing fine. You've been maintaining for such a long time - gives the rest of us real hope!

XX

Had another excellent day, yesterday. Dropped the calories to around 800. My main meal was one Tesco Quorn Lincolnshire sausage, a medium sized portion of 50% carb reduced pasta twirls, one sliced tomato, steamed, topped with a sprinkle of grated extra mature cheddar. Calories: 300 or less. Taste: YUM. I also took a GOLD multivitamin/mineral tablet, one Vit B Complex to help my body release energy from food consumed, and one Glucosamine tablet for my arthritis.

The other meals were a CD Choc Tetra (138 cals) and a Tesco low carb choc chip breakfast bar (145). As snacks I had two small pears (100 cals, total).

I feel that the long, difficult weeks of readjusting from VLCD-ing to normal food are now paying off. You have to get through a plateau phase, and start losing again, to realise that it is only temporary.

I know I will plateau or stall again, many times, before reaching my 10st goal but I now have 21 pounds to lose, and not 28.

The past two days have been great - 800 calories per day, like most of this week. Had visitors three days running, have chatted online a lot and have been preparing for a drive up to Glasgow on Sunday with my bro - rescheduled from Saturday - to see our Dad. Glasgow is full of tempting, very Scottish treats. I always need to be extra-careful when I visit.

I'm trying to fill my days weeks and months with more interesting and emotionally satisfying activities. Still waiting for the uni course tutor to invite me to interview (she's waiting for UCAS to contact her!) and trying to sort out finance for 2007. I want this year to be different (as in better, hopefully) and full of forward-looking, good-for-the-soul stuff.

Think I've lost a wee bit more weight. Sure hope so.

Thanks, Cheryl hun.

I feel MUCH better. Sticking with a higher calorie limit and real food is very difficult after SS/790, but I am glad I'm still trying.

I kinda see it as one possible pathway to future maintenance. The tough part is losing more slowly than you would like to and accepting that this is normal and perhaps a good thing at this stage.

How are YOU? Last time I checked your posts you'd lost weight again and were doing fine. You've been maintaining for such a long time - gives the rest of us real hope!

XX
I am doing OK. Keeping a close watch on the weight and seemed to have stabilised at around 10.2/10.3 which I feel is just about right for me. Since finishing SSing 2 years ago in April and getting to 10.10, I "dipped" in and out now and again to get the last half stone off, and now occasionally have a breakfast shake if I don't feel like eating brekkie. My way of thinking is that its better to have a LT than nothing at all!

You seem to have really got your head around your diet now and its working well. Keep up the good work hun. xxx

Hey again, Cheryl! Always lovely to hear from you. I hope you're well and reasonably hearty. If I could maintain longterm at 10st or just under I reckon I'd think myself very lucky. I am a couple of inches shorter than you.

My tummy apron, thighs, bottom, etc, seem to look worse with each substantial new loss. Now that Mike has been telling us the 'truth' of a TT - well, his TT, at least - I fear that I may well be forever stuck with this pitted, wrinkled flab. But then, there are far worse things.

I suffer from depression which can get severe at times. Lately I've been trying to get out more, to meet up with friends, to enrich my life whenever possible. Easy to say but not to do when you are always skint! LOL.

I'd still like to become a CDC and regard my current stage of 'slimming' as valuable experience to pass on at a later stage, but even if I were to be accepted I could not afford to buy stock. I am told that I might need a thousand pounds or thereabouts to get started. Out of the question at present, but I'm working on trying to somehow raise half of that!

Very good day yesterday. Made pan-fried herb bread (with baking powder, not yeast) and cooked it in a smidgeon of oil. Son was visiting - he scarfed most of it. I had a generous medium slice; estimated calories 200 at most.

Banana Tetra for brekkie, low carb breakfast bar for snack, one Slim Fast shake put in coffee throughout the day... total calories for the day around 850. No fruit or veg today but I really fancied some of that bread, and made it especially.

Ran on the spot - vigorously! - in front of the TV for 45 minutes. Wish I could remember/force myself to do that every day, or at least every other day.

Monday morning is my usual weigh-in but I'll do it early tomorrow before heading for Glasgow. Hope I've lost some more - a couple of pounds would be lovely. If I haven't I'll just look forward to next week's step on the scales.

I've had the most amazing, active, interesting month. Holidays, days out, university interview/audition, UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE!! And all in all a trying time with my son and his g/f finally moving out.

I need a drink... lol.

Tesco are offering SLIM FAST 12-shake can 2-for-the-price-of-1. I just tried their new vanilla . MMMMMMMM. That's all I can say.

Good luck everyone! Welcome to the new/newish ones calorie counting.

Back